Nc700x Lovers: Show 'em here

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by roborider, Jan 10, 2015.

1. roborider

roborider Utah Roborider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm a happy owner of a 2012 Nc700x. If you have one and like it (or not) share your pics and farkles here. :-)

Had mine for a couple of months now and like it a lot. Downsized from a BMW 1150 GSA and pleased with the switch. Very nimble and confidence-inspiring on gravel roads, fun in the twisty mountain roads, and I'm not bothered by the low red line at all.

Mine is nicely setup with Seat Concepts seat, skid plate, crash bars, auxiliary lights, risers, rear luggage rack, Givi Trekkers, center stand, madstad honda touring screen, fender extenders front and rear, modulating brake light, Gripster tank guards, grip heaters and bark buster hand guards. 70 mpg, and as much adventure bike as I need or want. Love the low center of gravity. Shinko 705's front and rear work well. I also have a tank bag and small top case not shown in the pics, for longer trips.

Have owned both size vstroms, the GSA and many other bikes. The NC700X feels like the perfect bike for me for my style and riding preferences. It's just as adventurous as either vstrom, and I would be comfortable taking it anywhere that I would have taken the GSA (again based on my riding habits). It's easy to pick up, easy to handle standing or sitting and not top heavy - feels much lighter than it should based on its weight.

Can't beat it for the less than $6k I'm into it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roborider - NC700x - Southwest Virginia
    OneAUout likes this.
  2. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    that's a good looking rig!
  3. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is indeed a good looking rig,for you and anybody else that chimes in,do you carry a pillion if so how good a job does it do?
    Looking at getting something else for my ride and the NC and Wee are among the contenders based on pillion friendliness the DR is a no go and I can't seem to get a clear answer on the KLR or Sertao.
  4. roborider

Oddometer:
    It's been too cold for my pillion partner so I can't comment. But I don't see why it wouldn't be comfy, and the pegs seem reasonably placed.

5. roborider

Oddometer:
    Looking great mcmann!

6. murdock2002

murdock2002 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    McMann,
    You have at least four bikes I think now...the fz-09,dl650, dl1000, and nc700x. I would love for you to do a comparo of those four, or others you currently have. I am looking at the dl1000, nc700x, fj-09, super Tenere es, tiger 800, BMWs r1200gs.

Thanks.
    SuperdaveOsborn likes this.
  7. murdock2002

murdock2002 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'm a relatively "young" guy (and tall at 6'3") and don't care for hooligan riding styles. I'm more of the daily commuter and weekend touring warrior. I love my auto CVT Aprilia Mana GT, but the V2 was an awesome engine to ride, though a bit more top heavy than I cared for. I think it has the advantage though with weather protection over the Honda NC700X...your thoughts with that taller NC screen? And how is the highway riding on both those 2 bikes compare?
  8. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa Palanquins RTW

Oddometer:
    Check the load capacity (which I can't remember off-hand); I considered the 700x for 2up but eventually went for a Tiger 800 and istr it could carry an extra 100lbs or so over the Honda.

I would like to own a 700x at some point, but when my teenage son is riding his own bike.
  9. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa Palanquins RTW

Oddometer:
    Well, since my son is growing, at least that gives me an idea of how much I need to lose if we 2up on a 700x :D
  10. wickerman

wickerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WhicheverAnyWayCan likes this.
  11. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa Palanquins RTW

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting :clap
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    A well setup 700x really is an ideal bike to ride to Ushuaia.
    I'd run a K60 rear just because they last forever.

Honda N.A. are complete turds for not importing the manual shift version with ABS included.
    I think this alone has caused ALOT of lost sales in the US...really who are the brain deads running that division?
    TeepS likes this.
  13. roborider

Oddometer:
    Skid Plate is Hepco Becker.

I like your trial of the 45T on the rear - will probably do the same, to get a bit more power in 5th. Although I do a fair amount of slab, I don't think I'll notice 4% off the top end.
  14. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa Palanquins RTW

Oddometer:
    Thank you for that advice :deal; in the next two years my son will qualify for an A2 licence here, so the 700 is in the frame (but not the 750).

Imho Honda only 'upgraded' to 750cc/53bhp to make sure A2 holders chose the 500c range instead (that and the fact the 700 sold in droves to older commuters).
  15. roborider

Oddometer:
    twinrider likes this.
  16. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
  17. 670ccc

670ccc Banned

Oddometer:
    If you have the manual there is no noticeable difference between the two. The U.S. 700 wasn't de-tuned and has almost the same horsepower. Plenty of Youtube videos and reviews where people traded in their 700 in the UK and didn't feel any difference at all, and their models have the least horsepower. The U.S. didn't get the 750 because of this and a Honda rep was recently quoted as saying it comes down to price and people are happy with the 700. Do a conversion between the Euro and dollar and you'll be shocked at what they're paying in Europe.
  18. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    The info that I got from some Honda dealerships is that the power is the same
    everywhere, it's just "adjusted" in the paperwork because of some legal stuff.
    Who knows if this is true or not, but I wouldn't worry about 2-3hp anyways.

Also, the NC750X has taller gearing and actually a lower top speed because of it.
  19. TheHeretic

TheHeretic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought a leftover 2013 last spring. No sense posting a picture as it is an all stock silver and black. I really like the bike. Nice torquey power band and upright riding position. Wish it would rev higher before hitting the limiter but once I got used to it shifting up when passing instead of revving the shite out of it...all is good.
  20. 670ccc

670ccc Banned

Oddometer:
    That isn't true. Once again a dealership is talking out their ass. Look at the rear wheel horsepower from various tests/publications and they all tested the manual version at 47-48 which is the brake horsepower of the DCT or European models (47 bhp). 0-60 is also much quicker on the manual at 4.9 vs. 5.5 on the DCT.