Nc700x Lovers: Show 'em here

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by roborider, Jan 10, 2015.

1. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'8" tall and the Madstad is the best windshield at blocking air hitting my torso. It does this so well I have to stand up on the pegs in hot weather (75+F here in Vermont) to get a cooling breeze.
    Huck369 and Bynoid like this.
  2. smithb9

smithb9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You riding the PDR this year? I'm planning on it myself, although we might try the southern section this year since we did the Bayley and the northern part this past summer.
  3. mkn

mkn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    depends on your height. I have the Honda touring screen and I'm 5'9 I get no buffeting at all with my shield down but get very slight buffeting with it up its actually not all that bad but it's there.
  4. fastnlight

fastnlight Repeat Offender

Oddometer:
    Winter warmup

[​IMG]

Double DCTs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greg
    Cuttin, DervMan, RedRockRider and 5 others like this.
  5. sawride

sawride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A covered bridge kind of day today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. inroads

inroads Go West old man

Oddometer:
    Just got a 2012 700X and think I like it.
    20 more mpg than my Versys 650 !!
    Need some hiway pegs bad......
    Saw some chassis bolt on on 1 bike
    Anyone know where to get some ?
    Rapturee2 and Huck369 like this.
  7. Ackme

Ackme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    inroads likes this.
  8. greenboy 667

greenboy 667 Just say NO to BLOATOCYCLES

Oddometer:
    inroads likes this.
  9. Rapturee2

Rapturee2 Una Stamus/Thin Blue Line Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sure like mine since purchasing it a couple of months ago. Its first tank on the way home from buying it was only 55mpg, snow flurries and a brisk 27F for about 105 miles. The past few weeks have been good weather for adding a few things to the bike. I installed a new Throttle cruise control, K+N air filter, fresh oil change with Rotella T6 and a new Stainless Steel Dan-Moto Exhaust. Now that the weather has broke a little bit I was able to get it out a few times. Today I was finally able to get a few more miles on it and stopped for fuel. 154 miles, 2.4 gals netting me 64MPG! I'd like to get another tank or two under it's belt before I add a 17T front sprocket i just picked up.

Attached Files:

Huck369 likes this.
  10. inroads

inroads Go West old man

Oddometer:
    ^^^^ The Dan Moto looks good how loud ? Lost a bunch of weight too. Hard to figure what bikes under beasts or Road Warriors categories....oh well....large thread over on Road Warriors....

Coming from a 2015 Versys 650 LT I kinda miss the HP and brakes but short shifting this NC it will motor along.

I’m getting 15-20 mpg better on the NC 700x than the Versys.I really like the ergonomics and the low CG of the Honda.
    Rapturee2 and Huck369 like this.
  11. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    ^^^^ The Dan Moto looks good how loud ?

IR's, .....it is loud. But i like it! It sounds like a loud V-Twin. I did keep the stock muffler that i will probably reattach next year for my planned/in-the-works trip to Alaska. It is loud, and although i really do like it, i'm not so sure that's what i want to listen to for three weeks/5k miles!!!
  12. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought/installed the other Dan-Moto Exhaust version........with the Full Can. I like the way it sounds........rumbles, not raspy, sounds like a Ducati or bigger V-twin sport bike (Suzook SV1000, RC51). I don't consider it as being "loud".........louder than stock, yes, but not obtrusively loud. No disrespect, but I think those Dan-Moto "Shorty Pipes" would be too loud for me. (FYI.......I can also buy a dB killer for my D-M Can, but have not done so. And........I have removed the Cat-Perverter so mine is probably a tad louder than other D-M Cans.) I think I paid $167 shipped off Ebay.
    mark444
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  13. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    just a thought MK, did you notice anything different when you removed your Cat.... more/less power, more/less mpg, a little noise i'm sure but not too bad you mentioned. Thanks :{)
  14. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    I made multiple changes at one time, so hard to determine which ones helped or not........De-cat (I actually cut open the converter shell & removed the catalyst material, then had a muffler shop re-weld it back up......costs was about $60), also added the Dan-Moto Exhaust, and went +2 up on the rear sprocket. So now, my mph and Odo are not accurate.......no way to measure mpg (unless I add a GPS). Acceleration..........naturally better with the sprocket change. I almost pulled the trigger on a Dyno Run at Bike Week Daytona but was gonna cost me $100.......which is probably the going rate for a "pull", I just didn't do it.
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  15. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Oh yah man, Go 'Bama! A Dyno pull would be been so cool though, If nothing else just to know! Those are great mods. I just picked up a 17T front sprocket that i'm going to be putting on soon and see what i can get my MPG up to. The NC has plenty of power, i'd just like to see what kind of MPG i can squeeze out of it. I see some guys have been getting into the 70's with theirs. When i first purchased mine a few months ago, my first ride home was more then a little disappointing at 55mpg. it was weeks of snowy weather that prevented me from getting out and doing much riding after that. In the last couple of weeks i have been able to get in a few rides. While it was snowing out, i installed a new DanMoto exhaust, first oil change, properly aired tires and a throttle cruise assist. My next tank jumped to 64mpg. I'd like to get another tank or two through it before i add the 17T sprocket, we'll see. Lately we've had tons of cold weather and lots of rain/high winds. :{)
  16. greenboy 667

Oddometer:
    17t can help -fuel economy a bit -- or it can hinder -- depending on the number of grades and headwinds, and one's shifting and throttle habits. Seldom do I drive for economy now. Anyway, between the two it's a toss-up here with a lot of passes and wind, I tend to use 5th a bit more with the 17, and upshift a little later if I'm wanting to get up to speed quicker. I've been anywhere from the mid fifties to the mid eighties, even got above 90 once. Lately it's been on the low side, must be about time for valve adjustment and a new air filter.
  17. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    I'm in the same topography here. I have to pull at least one mountain pass in either direction that i ride, two big ones if i head to Montana. I used to commute to western Montana for work for a couple of years with a little TDI beetle. Man that thing got fantastic mpg, i averaged 40mpg and that's usually running it 80mph! Now that i have the NC700x, it's all just for fun. I ride every chance i get and twice if i can get away with it ha-ha. I'd really like to see how much mpg i can regularly squeeze out of it, it is challenging to me. :{)
  18. Huck369

Huck369 Huckster

Oddometer:
    I've gotten a best of 83 mpg on my 2013,(Stock) but normal is more like 67 mpg....the 83 was lots of backroads running about 45 mph
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  19. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Today i got a little work done to the NC700x. I raised the front of my factory seat in hopes it is a little more comfortable, we'll see on the next ride. I also stopped by my local flower/garden store and scored one of their black plastic flower pots. I cut a section out of it and "Zip-tied" it to my undertail body panel and now it functions as a rear shock protector, Score! :{)

Attached Files:

Huck369 and Cruz like this.
  20. greenboy 667

Oddometer: