Nc700x Lovers: Show 'em here

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by roborider, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Rapturee2

Rapturee2 Una Stamus/Thin Blue Line Supporter

Oddometer:
    Today after work i went for 196 mile freeway ride, since it was warm and sunny out! Light cross winds at about 10-14 mph. When i returned home i topped the bike off and was surprised when it stopped at 2.6 gals. Which netted me 74.14MPG..!! The only difference was that i kept my speed about 65mph+/- and i had lubed the chain since i noticed it was pretty dry looking. Must have worked!! :{)
    Cruz and Huck369 like this.
  2. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Heh... I beat that today when i lubed my chain again and made a 99 mile round-trip to a little historic town south of me for some fresh, hot, thick PIE/Ice Cream! Only to find the little mom-pop fountain shop was not seasonally open yet this year. Their little sign said they'd be open May 5th. So i returned home and topped off the tank to find it only took 1.15 gallons to make that 99 mile trip...Hmmm, That's a new personal best of 86 Smiles-to-the-Gallon!! :{)

Attached Files:

Huck369 likes this.
  3. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Got some cool stuff added to my NC. I recently installed a new-to-me tall factory windscreen, a new MoTech Skid plate, new crash bars, new highway pegs and a new 17T primary sprocket. Liking the highway pegs a lot and i have 2 tanks on the new 17T sprocket with both netting me about 82 mpg!
    nc700 MoTech skid plate installed.JPG
    Eyebooger and Huck369 like this.
  4. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Getting my new 750x today...build starts tonight!
    Cuttin, Rapturee2, sawride and 2 others like this.
  5. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    That is so cool Tim, I am very excited for you. When you and i met and rode over to Montana i felt i had 1k-1500 miles left on my tires. Not so much, this heat we've had lately is terrible on my tires and just eating the tread away. They are already into the wear bars, so i ordered a new set for the NC this morning and should receive them and have them on next Wednesday! :{)
    Huck369 likes this.
  6. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    What tires did you get? I hope to do a fall ride in September...maybe we could meet somewhere?
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  7. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    I bought a Conti-motion for the front and a Shinko 741 for the rear for now(both were on sale). For my Alaska trip next year however, i will have it shod with brand new Shinko 705's front and rear! I'll be following your NC750 build with great interest/excitement and watching for your trip route so i can plan to meet up with you my friend!! :{)
    Tewster2 likes this.
  8. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Does this mod require any remapping or air box mods? Newbe questions
  9. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    I installed a new K+N air filter and a DanMoto exhaust without the baffle and didn't need to... :{)
    Huck369 and Tewster2 like this.
  10. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    So you are just after the noise change?
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  11. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Yup!!
  12. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Huck369 and Eyebooger like this.
  13. Eyebooger

Eyebooger scrutinologist

Oddometer:
    Doood... let me know how this works for you. I am looking for a tent to use at the CSM peace rally in September... I hate sleeping on the ground, and that has a nice price point. TIA
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  14. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  15. colddog

colddog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Huck369 and Rapturee2 like this.
  16. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    I can tell you already that it is the Bomb! I set it up in my Living Room and tried it out the first day with a NAP! Excellent in every way. :{)
    My eldest son liked it so much he bought one as well. He has already used his out in the woods several times and loves it! They do make a 2 man version, but it weighs a ton! I am 225-lbs and 78" tall and it has plenty of room for me to even stretch out!

***Ozark Trail One-Person Cot Tent:
    • Sleeps 1
    • Weight Capacity: 225 lbs.....(right at my weight and doesn't even creak/stress).
    • Cot Size For Sleeping: 85" x 36"....(plenty of room for you).
    • Tent Size: 99" x 72".......(plenty of room for your gear inside out of the weather).
    • Padded Cot
    • Included rainfly
    • Mesh curtain for bug protection
  17. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    So the Jury has returned with a verdict!! I love the new Cot/Tent! It rides nice and handles well on the NC. It sets up quickly, has plenty of room, it sleeps very comfortable with plenty of rolling around room, and packs well for the next stop. I am planning on removing the Custom bracket though and just strapping it from the passenger peg and the rear rack under the top box. Plenty of room and no need really for the bracket. The straps are plenty strong and still very functional!! :{)
    Huck369 and DavidWellsCOM like this.
  18. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Now to install the new 39T rear sprocket and go shoot for that elusive triple digit MPG!! :{)
  19. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    The ROX risers and the 39T have been installed. Now to get time this week to go out and test them! :{)
    Huck369 likes this.
  20. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Yesterday i made nice ride up the Cd'A River Rd. I stopped at the pump and topped off after the 100 mile ride with .994 gallons which netted me an impressive 100.6 MPG and a new personal best!! :{)