Nc700x Lovers: Show 'em here

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by roborider, Jan 10, 2015.

1. ricerooster

ricerooster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Proud new owner of a 2012 NC. After 15 years of riding sporbikes I've finally committed and converted to a bike more comfortable, and practical. All in one day I manage to drive an hour to sell my 2011 Kawasaki Zx10r, then drive another 1hr30 to buy the NC. With all the accessories already included: triple Givi monokey Cases wired for all signal lights, skid plate, light bar with LED fog lights, HID's, adjustable medium size windshield, center stand, 12v outlet, hand guards, and Corbin seats and another comfy seat I picked this bad boy up for a whooping price of $3350 with 36000 miles... FYI, I do a 200 mile round trip commute to work, and the 2 weeks of owning it I have zero regrets. Getting ready to replace the tires with some Shinko 705's. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    fastring, Lewilewi, NxtGoRnd and 8 others like this.
  2. Cyberhog9

Cyberhog9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My local Honda dealer has 2 2015 brand new Nc 700X's on the floor dirt cheap.
  3. I dig dirt

I dig dirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^ What is dirt cheap???? Curious to compare against CA dealers
  4. Cyberhog9

Cyberhog9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pm me and I'll send you the link.
  5. Cyberhog9

Cyberhog9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pm sent.
  6. Txjack

Txjack Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I,m in the market for one too! Curious minds need to know!
    Huck369 likes this.
  7. bobcat

bobcat recalculating

Oddometer:
    Nice score! I have the same sidecases, they’re very convenient.
    ricerooster likes this.
  8. ricerooster

ricerooster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got back from my first ever dirt ride on a motorcycle.. Lol. Couldn't be more happier to do it on the NC , although I took it nice and slow. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    NxtGoRnd, Rapturee2, Huck369 and 3 others like this.
  9. Cuttin

Cuttin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ...we don't hafta ride like our hair is on fire to enjoy, IMO...!!!
    ricerooster, Rapturee2 and Huck369 like this.
  10. Huck369

Huck369 Huckster

Oddometer:
    A pic of mine on the way to work one morning.... IMG_3853.jpg
    kpinvt, Rapturee2 and Eyebooger like this.
  11. Rapturee2

Rapturee2 Una Stamus/Thin Blue Line Supporter

Oddometer:
    I took a ride over to Spokane Wa today and after my treatment i went to the Riverside Park to check out the massive "Radio Flyer" wagon they have there, Pretty cool. I found a moment where the traffic was held up at a light and there were no "revenue generators" within sight, so i hopped off the NC and got a quick shot! This thing is huge, it is about 2 stories high and the wagon handle is the slide! :{)

Riverside Park, Big Red Wagon.jpg
    kpinvt, fastring, Huck369 and 2 others like this.
  12. Scopebite762

Scopebite762 n00b

Oddometer:
    IMG_20190714_081323_2.jpg View attachment 2176934

I ride the dirt quite a bit on this . It's Fantastic. swmotech skidplate takes a beating.... but so far so good
    kpinvt, Rusty Rocket, Cuttin and 2 others like this.
  13. CRracer712

CRracer712 Africa Twin Rocks! Supporter

Oddometer:
    How is this bike for a 6'3" 34" inseam person?

Taking my soon to look at a 2014 this weekend. Any input on value would be welcome. The bike has an added center stand, that's it. Has ~6k miles. Black in color.
    kpinvt and Huck369 like this.
  14. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Run the NC's VIN through this site: https://powersports.honda.com/recalls I own the 2014 DCT model and my bike had 3 recalls, voltage regulator, rear seat latch, and instrument cluster.
    CRracer712 and Huck369 like this.
  15. CRracer712

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Interesting you mentioned the instrument cluster. Owner bought the bike new, he'd added the larger windscreen (forgot to mention). He thought that had something to do with messing up his cluster, but it was replaced under warranty.

He's trust worthy, says bike had ~5k on it when it was replaced, shows less than 1k now.

If the recalls haven't been done, would they do them for a new owner, or does original owner have to have it done, and is there a time limit on such a thing?
  16. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO Supporter

Oddometer:
    AFAIK Honda covers the cost for recalls so I don't think it matters if you're the original owner or not. My cluster was replaced at 5744 miles, so that is how short the milage meter reads on my bike.
  17. CRracer712

Oddometer:
    What was the issue with the cluster?

I just ran the VIN at the link provided, nothing comes up.
  18. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Then I guess you and your bike are in the clear. Not every 2014 NC700 had to be recalled.
    Look at what I found when I googled for info on the recall. This is the original complaint I filed:
    I own a new 2014 honda nc700x motorcycle that i took delivery of on 07-25-2014. The "a" & "b" trip meters will randomly reset to random mileage numbers which could be above or below the actual miles traveled. I don't have a gps mounted to the bike to verify how fast the bike is moving or distance traveled so i have no idea if this is affecting the speed reading on the bikes dash display, the speedometer seems to be working every time i've looked at it but i'm now not sure if it is accurate. I called honda motorsports and was told the dealer i bought the bike from would have to verify that this is happening before honda motorsports would consider doing anything to help me. A non-functioning speedometer would make the bike unrideable. I was sitting at a stop light on 09-04-2014 and was looking at the display for the trip "a" meter when it reset itself from 93. 8 miles to 98 miles. I switched the display to show me the trip "b" meter. After traveling what the "b" meter said was 216 miles i refilled the tank with 2. 75 gallons which means the bike got an unbelievable 78. 5 miles per gallon after a day of spirited riding. Yesterday, 09-10-2014, i refilled the tank and set both the a and b trip meters to zero. I rode a little over 26 miles running errands, stopped the bike and turned off the ignition. When i returned to the bike to go home both trip meters had reset themselves to 7. 1 miles.
  19. CRracer712

Oddometer:
    So apparently the cluster had been changed due to an aftermarket windscreen causing a burn in it.

The new cluster, showing 179 miles now has a nice burn it it.

It's been sitting in a 3 wall shed since 2017(last time tagged), with an occasional ride. But it looks like it might as well of been setting outside.

Doubt I'll get it, I got the impression thought it was like new, just needing a battery. Don't think I'd give over 3 grand for it, 2.5k would be were I'd like.bi imagine he'll be around 4 or even 4500.
  20. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI, I just thought of this, Honda dealers had to affix a sticker to the frame of the bike to indicate the number of miles on the bike when they made the repair. The sticker on my bike is on the right side below the handlebar.