1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

NE India

Discussion in 'Asia' started by AlienMotorcycleMama, Mar 16, 2018.

1. AlienMotorcycleMama

AlienMotorcycleMama Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello!

I survived Bangladesh (every form of transport BUT motorcycles) and am now headed to NE India by bike (YZ150) beginning April 1.

My route (roughly) includes:

Goa to Hyderabad, with a stop in between. Suggestions?
    Hyderabad to Vijayawada
    Vijayawada to Visakapatam
    Visakapatam to Bhubaneswar
    Bhubaneswar to Kolkata

Then, after a few days in Kolkata with the person who helped my with my route, it's on to Suri, Malda, Silguri then Darjeeling or Gangtok, then down to Assam and the rest of the states in the NE.

I'm also hoping to enter Bhutan if I can get someone to offer to host me so I don'y have to pay $200/day :doh, and maybe hit the west side of Bangladesh and go to Cox's Bazaar and St. Martins. (Won't bring the bike over to either Bhutan or Bangladesh since its not techically mine.)

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Is there any problem with Sikkim?

I've got at least two months and if I don't use it all up there, I'll head to the NW or someplace else cool. (I hope to be back in Goa by the monsoons.)

Any locals in that area? Anyone want to join me? I'm looking forward to this — it's already freaking hot in Goa — and seeng some of India's mountains.
  2. Shivanshu

Shivanshu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can provide you number of my friend in Assam who can help you in all, if you want?
  3. AlienMotorcycleMama

Oddometer:
    Yes, thank you. I knew you were in Delhi so I'll see you on another trip, but since NO ONE has answered, any help will do. (I'll be getting into Badami about this time one week from today.)

Thanks again!
  4. Shivanshu

Shivanshu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great in Assam there is a friend with the name of Shashank. I will gove you his number in PM... anything else let me know. Sorry for not being able to reply earlier... work keeps me busy these days....
  5. AlienMotorcycleMama

Oddometer:
    That's fine, no hurry. I don't head out until Sunday, and I won't leave Kolkata for almost two weeks. I'll look for the PM.
  6. muddysoles

muddysoles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since you are going to be in Gangtok, you should definitely consider exploring North Sikkim for which you will need Inner Line Permits (available in Gangtok).