1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Nebraska...Omaha area...

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by fifthcircle, Jan 21, 2005.

1. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Howdy! I am new to the board (linked from stromtrooper.com), and was wondering if there were any folks in the Omaha area? I won't hold my breath!!
  2. Radical

Radical Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard! :thumb

It all depends on how big a circle you draw. :evil

Actually, I think MotoJoe may be from your neck of the woods.

A word of advice, don't go into Jo Momma unless you've got reeeaaall thick skin. Many noobs (you are a noob) have left this great place b/c they weren't suited for it. It's a different flavor in JM. :nod
  3. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Actually Motojoe is in Chicago. Eat at Joes is in Omaha. Radical and Cletus and KTMRyder and that slacker pilot are in the KC area. There are a few more around, but not a big bunch.

Pack you bike and tent. Next weekend is the "I ain't afraid of no snow two Joes" ride in Illinois. Look in this forum. Eat at Joes is going, PM him.

Welcome to the Asylum.
  4. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    I can't just pickup and haul ass across IA and IL at a moments notice, I am married and have to have a kitchen pass :cry Besides I am n00b right! I will look for "Eat At Joes" and thanks for the reply's.
  5. Radical

Radical Long timer

Oddometer:
    You've got it wrong. We like noobs at events. First, there is the time-honored rule here that noobs bring the scotch. Second, we need cannon fodder for the ribbing.

And I don't want to be the noob at Chain's next weekend.
  6. Radical

Radical Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually, 5th. Send me a PM, if you know how. A former boss of mine bought a business in Omaha about 14 months ago. He's been busting his butt getting the thing running like he wants. But he just sent me an e-mail about wanting to get a ride in when the weather breaks. I'm sure he'd value meeting a fellow rider.

Mind you he's a HOG rider, but a good man none-the-less.
  7. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Hey there Radical..sent you the PM. I also see that you ride a strom. Me too! I traded in my 99 yamahog v-star for somthing fun...it's a black K4 650 "lil" strom.
  8. Radical

Radical Long timer

Oddometer:
    PM'd you back.

Ah, Grasshoppa, you have much to learn. I used to own a Strom, DL1000 variety. Very nice bike for the price. My friend Jerry called me up in March last year and offered me a deal that I couldn't refuse. So I sold it.

If you contact the person I pm'd you, he'll tell you that I go through cycles like a bad drug habit. I tell Mrs. Radical that it's safer than having a girlfriend. :lol3

I'm in the midst of selling the 1100GS and getting a KTM Adventure. Blame Motozilla. That's who I'm telling Mrs. Radical made me do it. :nod
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    I think EatatJoes (he's a good Joe) is in Lincoln. :nod--EdVenture (he's a bad Joe) is from greater Omaha.

Jurgen
    JoMamma-thar they be dragoons er I mean dragons, and wings and stuff. Don't get Flugged.:nod
  10. arroyoshark

arroyoshark Needing some space

Oddometer:
    Dood, try Sortinos Pizza place, in south Omhaha, the 3rd Monday evening of the month. Informal gathering & pizza for area motorcyclists...all brands.
  11. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    I do like Sortino's, have not been to bike night there. I will check it out if I can...I work til 7pm and seems like everyone is ready to go home by the time I show up anywhere.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT SAY???? :lol:
  12. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Hey, I just replied to you on the morning coffee thread. I didn't recognize your username.

Hey, I'm old and senile and have a bad case of CRS. :lol2
  13. Red Roadster

Red Roadster Roaming Redneck

Oddometer:
    Howdy,
    I've been lurking here for a while and when I seen this post I figgured I better sign up. Just moved here from Wyoming and would like to meet up with some riders in the area. I'll try and look you guys up when we get a decent afternoon on a weekend. Steve
  14. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    COOL!! I willl definately be up for a ride with anyone and everyone that wants to go. There are some great roads around here if you look for them. I have some favorites. If you want to PM me when the weather gets warmer, that would be good. Anyone else in the area??
  15. flip18436572

flip18436572 Broke ex-YMCA employee

Oddometer:
    I don't do much street riding, just some trails in the area near the river in Southwest Iowa. If you find some dirt/street riding, let me know, because there is another buddy of mine that is looking for some more trail riding also. He is the GM at a HD dealership, and rides a DR350 for a dual sport.
  16. Red Roadster

Red Roadster Roaming Redneck

Oddometer:
    Weather ain't looking too bad this weekend, anybody up fer a ride?
  17. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Sorry I didn't see the post here in time for the weekend ride. I did get out though, it was damn windy!! Can't wait for the weather to warm up some more and the wind to STOP...not that it will :(:
  18. flip18436572

flip18436572 Broke ex-YMCA employee

Oddometer:
    I was in the trails on both Saturday and Sunday, because I just got my radiator guards on and just finished rejetting the DRZ, and wanted to see how well everything worked. Luckily I didn't have to test out the radiator guards, but rejetting was definitely needed.
  19. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    What trails where you on?
  20. kschlotz

kschlotz n00b

Oddometer:
    I am located in Sw Iowa and am open to meeting fellow Stromer and/or some dual sporting. DL1000K2 V-Strom
    DR350SER