Nebraska Tri-Cities and South Central NE. area

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by crashman44b, Apr 22, 2012.

1. NOPLCLKNEB

NOPLCLKNEB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This Saturday, August 3rd, I'm going to ride NW of St. Paul looking for good dirt road routes for an upcoming ride with the Nebraska Dual Sport Riders group. Meet behind Casey's at 8:00 am. Kickstands up at 8:10 am. Heading to Davis Creek Dam area and back. Maybe eat lunch in Scotia? Gas in Scotia, North Loup, or Elba. 100 to 150 mile loop. If interested be there.
    AUstate, crashman44b and Tmaximusv like this.
  2. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    Pending a babysitter... Im in!
    NOPLCLKNEB and crashman44b like this.
  3. AUstate

AUstate Adventurer

Oddometer:

In!
    NOPLCLKNEB likes this.
  4. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    Sitter acquired!
    NOPLCLKNEB likes this.
  5. NOPLCLKNEB

NOPLCLKNEB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you have a Sena bring it.
  6. horsinaround

horsinaround Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok question for you guys. I know I won't get my ktm 300 street reg transferred to Nebraska. Once I get settled I want to pick up a 4 stroke to do some dual sporting with you guys. I was thinking of a xr650r. Do you think of I bought a plated bike they would transfer it ? Maybe I could pass it off as a 650L ? I am not sure how the registry works in NE. Here in CT they run the vin in their computer and it comes up exactly what model it is so there is no question. I will most likely leave my 300 registered in another state. The 650R i would street ride ALOT more and don't want to get hassled with out of state plates. I don't really want to buy another 650L. I had one years back.
  7. NOPLCLKNEB

NOPLCLKNEB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lots of rain last night. I’ll be coming back from South Dakota and will check dirt road conditions this afternoon NW of St Paul.
  8. faceplant1980

faceplant1980 Adventurer

Oddometer:

im sure it will be the normal nebraska dmv nightmare. Depending on where you live, small towns might be more forgiving. FYI there is a 2000 650R on facebook market place right now in primrose nebraska.
    horsinaround likes this.
  9. horsinaround

Oddometer:
    I was hoping Nebraska DMV would be good to deal with lol ! CT isn't too bad. Mass sucks. I did see that one in Primrose. I am going to broken bow. I haven't checked to see how far apart they are.
  10. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately the odds of getting it thru the DMV here are slim. I know a few who have tried, but none successfully.
  11. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Long timer

Oddometer:
    If it’s titled and plated in another state, shouldn’t be a problem having it done here, too.

Process:
    1. Go to sheriff’s dept with vehicles and titles to be transferred. (Yes, all of them)
    2. They run VINs
    3. Pay $10 per vehicle to sheriff
    4. Go to courthouse with notes from sheriff, titles and much money to pay registration fees on book value, plates and transfer fees.

If it’s not plated but titled should be workable. If no title, I have no idea.
  12. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    So... If I buy a licensed Razor registered in South Dakota with a title, and bring it here they will register it here? Ill answer this myself... NO. If the MSO had a OHV tag (like the 650R) it cannot be registered for on road use in this state. There have been some that I have heard of sneaking it past a dim-witted clerk. But stories are just that... Stories. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!
    horsinaround likes this.
  13. horsinaround

Oddometer:
    If it wasn't going to be a semi daily rider then I would just register it in another state. I don't want to get hassled by local pd.

Maybe I will try to find a factory road legal old lc4 ktm or something...

I am a big guy so a 650r would fit me good. Like I said if I can't plate it in NE I won't even bother going that route.

It's odd they won't take a street titled bike from another state. Say a 650R with a S Dakota street title but it us what it is.
  14. NOPLCLKNEB

NOPLCLKNEB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The ride tomorrow out of St Paul is cancelled. At least I won’t be there......muddy mess and still raining
  15. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    Not ODD.... Just plain STUPID. I wish we were more like SD. (Without all the Wall Drug signs)
    NOPLCLKNEB likes this.
  16. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update on Little Sis (Monica Harvey) funeral arrangements.

Funeral will be this Tuesday, August 6 at 10:30 at the Stapleton High School. Luncheon at Stapleton community center following the internment.
  17. crashman44b

crashman44b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This process is correct. I have a plated WR450F from out of state and a titled CR500 that was also from out of state. Probably depends on the county also.
  18. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
  19. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    The other problem here is the penalties. YOU must know the law when entering a jurisdiction. The clerk giving you those plates has no recourse. If in a accident "on road" with that bike plated you are at fault no matter what. And can be faced with charges of ficticious plates, Invalid Insurance, and driving without registration. All of which you would argue and lose. Especially since you know the prosecuting attorney will find THIS POST. (Cant say you didnt know) Most are a slap on the wrist. But fictitious plates I believe is a class 2 misdomenor which could mean up to 90 days. (I doubt they would take it that far) All of them carry a driving privilege suspension.

Whether you do it or not is up to you. But giving other members incorrect information which could lead to them having legal issues is inappropriate.

If I can delete this post I will do so in a couple days. Not sure if that is allowed here.
  20. crashman44b

crashman44b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only thing his KTM would be short of is a horn according to DMV page just like my WR450. Most the 300's I've seen have a headlight and tail lamp. I have been observed by the police several times and even tailed and never been pulled over. Then again I wasn't riding like an asshole either and I used my hand signals properly.

No false information was given. No advice was given on how to murder his wife either. If your a cop, thanks for your service. If your somebody who couldn't get their bike plated, I'm sorry. If your my insurance agent, your fucking me. If your an attorney, go get fucked.
    horsinaround likes this.