Nebraska Tri-Cities and South Central NE. area

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by crashman44b, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    No need for fowl language. Just stating facts. On the original subject of the 650R the MSO does say for off road use. It can meet all of those qualifications but if the MSO says it is for off road use you are still boned. Which was my point. My guess is that it is the same for your 450. It should have been able to be titled but not registered. You got thru... Kudos to you.
    I know it has been done before... We saw a plated 2 stroke at fifth fest last year that met very few qualifications if you remember. No cop will ever pull you over and give you any grief either which is why I only brought up a scenario of an accident. Cause thats when attorneys get involved. I do work for an attorney and spend way too much time researching law and maintaining compliance. Maybe it makes me too timid. Some choose to error on the side of risk, I choose to just not error.

I think we need to get together and ride... It would be a funner argument thru a sena on a shitty Nebraska road!
    Tmaximusv and horsinaround like this.
  2. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fowl language

Good one.
    Bmrjockey likes this.
  3. crashman44b

crashman44b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guses I didn't see the 2 strokes at fifth fest. I did however see 3 questionable bikes. A TTR230 but it had blinkers, headlamp and a tail light. I asked him how he got it licensed and he said "don't worry about it". That was my cue to walk away. An XR650R from Kansas and my WR. The 650 had all the necessary means to be street legal besides the horn. I didn't finish fifth fest last year as nobody did because of the rain but I was with the group that rode the most miles and pulled into camp at 8pm.

I completely agree we need to sick together. That was the whole point of this thread. If somebody showed up on a plated KX450F I would tell him he is asking for trouble. Plating a dirt bike bike in Nebraska can be done. The question is do you want to ride it or not on the road? The bike in question is 300exc. It has a headlamp, tail light, and odometer. It's missing a horn to be street legal according to the DMV. There's no EPA to mess with in Nebraska.
  4. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    I can agree with you on the KTM... Ktm has been under fire for a while now for not complying with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards by the DOL. I personally hope they continue to be as bull headed as we are! I dont think they put the statement on ANY of their bikes!
  5. Bmrjockey

Bmrjockey Dirt Stalker

Oddometer:
    On a side note... Has anyone else in this area noticed an alarming amount of skunks along the county roads. Saw at least a dozen on my ride home from Davis Creek this afternoon. Most of them real young. They are so small, yet Im so scared!
  6. NOPLCLKNEB

NOPLCLKNEB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Want to try the meet up and ride again this Saturday at St Paul Casey’s? 8:00 am? Weather permitting.
  7. NOPLCLKNEB

NOPLCLKNEB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cedar Run. Love this place when dry and not crowded

Attached Files:

horsinaround likes this.
  8. crashman44b

Oddometer:
    https://www.usdualsports.com/listing/adventure-palooza-adventure-ride/

Anybody interested in this??? OR

Camp at Niobrara state park and run fifth fest track from there. Half way point would be Bloomfield. We could get a cabin at the state park (up to 8-12 people) but your on your own with food and beer. Dates would be the same. September 27th to the 29th. Cabin is $200 or so a night with bunks, stove, pots, pans, TV, electricity etc. Pretty cheap split multiple ways. Fifth fest isn't happening this year so we need a replacement. If I can get 4 plus riders, we'll run fifth fest track. If not, I'm headed to Missouri.

Hash it out and let me know. Thanks...
    horsinaround likes this.
  9. AUstate

AUstate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Both ideas sound great, I can't commit to any dates just yet. But will let you know as soon as I find out.

Good on you for trying to keep it alive!
  10. horsinaround

horsinaround Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let me double check my work schedule but I think I am off that weekend. Is this a ride I can do on my 2 stroke or is it more of a big bike ride ? I hope to also have a big bike by then but who knows for sure.
  11. crashman44b

Oddometer:
    Fifth fest track is mostly gravel, dirt and sand. Big Bores 650's do fine unless it's wet. Adventure bikes struggle unless they have a good rider. Its a lot of gravel road 50-60 mph stuff. Small dualsports seem to be popular. A 1190 ktm, 690 KTM, 500 exc, 3 CRF250L's , TTR230, WR450F, TT350 rode the most miles last year. It was super wet last year.

The event in Missouri, I'm not sure. I would imagine it would be a good mix with lots of gravel road stuff.
    horsinaround likes this.
  12. horsinaround

Oddometer:
    Ok I was thinking the fifth fest track. I will keep you posted.
  13. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    For FF, stay at cabins in Verdigre city park, run the loop.
    crashman44b likes this.
  14. NOPLCLKNEB

NOPLCLKNEB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mike just moved to Broken Bow, and I’m up there a lot since my wife’s family still lives there. We met Sunday afternoon and had a good ride SE of town. Lots of potential for a nice long loop up there.

Attached Files:

15. horsinaround

Oddometer:
    That's me ! Fun ride for sure !
    crashman44b likes this.
  16. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I’m not on much these days. After TEN YEARS of hosting Fifth Fest, I decided to take a year off. Lots of reasons, but time is the biggest for me. The bridges still being out in that area are another.
    Look for it next year! More than likely, a self supported camp out, BEFORE football season (so coach @flyrodder can attend).
    superdan00, zontar, joentess and 2 others like this.
  17. crashman44b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm headed to Missouri if the bridges are out up north. If anybody else wants to go, let me know. I have room for 2 more guys and bikes.
    horsinaround likes this.
  18. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Long timer

Oddometer:
    If anyone is not otherwise busy this weekend, the annual Kite Fly in Callaway is on. Come see some amazing and LARGE kites. 10-4 Saturday and Sunday and Monday. Kidds events, food, watermelon. What more would anyone need?
    crashman44b likes this.
  19. NOPLCLKNEB

NOPLCLKNEB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok fellas,

One week from today (Sunday September 15th ) I’m going to ride a loop from Sam’s in Grand Island to Boelus/Rockville/North Loup/Cotesfield/St. Paul/Sam’s Grand Island.

Gas stops in Boelus/ North Loup/St Paul. You’ll need a 55 mile range so 2 strokes should be fine.

About a 150 mile loop that will be (guesstimate) 50% gravel, 40% minimum maintenance, 10% Asphalt.

If you don’t want to do the entire loop it will be easy to peel off and head back to Grand Island.

Kick stands up at 9:30. Sam’s Parking Lot Grand Island September 15th. Anyone that would like to ride is welcome.

Attached Files:

AUstate and crashman44b like this.
  20. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our CMA chapter was assisting at the Central Nebraska Vets Home Car and Bike Show today (eastern edge of Kearney). Probably close to 100 vintage cars and bikes on display and hundreds of people out to see them. All proceeds go to provide Christmas gifts for the Members (not called residents).

If you get the chance, go have a look at a truly marvelous way for folks to spend their last year’s with respect and comfort.

Sorry, I was selling burgers inside so didn’t get any pics and missed many of the cars.