Neduro's SoCal Riding Clinic!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Zen Slug, May 31, 2006.

1. Zen Slug

Zen Slug Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is anybody driving their truck or car through Julian on your way to the clinic?:ear

If so, please send me a PM:deal
  2. Zen Slug

Oddometer:

You know, the one who had five of everything packed on the back of his 1150GS:evil
  3. dustjunkie

dustjunkie Got Stick Meat?

Oddometer:
    I could if need be, wassup?
  4. dustjunkie

Oddometer:
    Oh, yeah, that guy... well, half the cylinders + half the displacement + half the weight = half the s#!t...

Jake
  5. TwoWheelsGood

TwoWheelsGood Four Wheels Bad

Oddometer:
    I will have a coffee maker in the trailer and 1lb of ground Starbucks. Help me out and bring mo' coffee. Thanks.
  6. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:

= 5 X the fun !!!!!!!
  7. Streamin' E

Streamin' E Half-assed adventurer

Oddometer:

I have a small coffee maker and I can bring more coffee, but I have to plug in somewhere. Can I poach juice from the house?
  8. Spyder

Spyder Welcome to the Lair

Oddometer:
    T-Bone = 5 X the Danger!
    :rofl

Crap!
    [​IMG]
    Spyder
  9. dustjunkie

Oddometer:
    Is that a Cannondale? Are they now making that "Lefty" front suspension for motos? WOW, that is some high-tech s#!t you got there Spyder...:lol3

So, tell m , how bad is it?

Jake
  10. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    I don't want anybody to go out of their way... but if'n somebody is passing through there anyways, give me a holler on my cell at:

(eight one eight) six seven nine-seven four three four:deal

I won't be on-line again after 2pm today, so the cell will be your best bet after that.
  11. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    Just had one person drop out of the Saturday class and there's nobody on the "reserve list"...

anybody want the spot?:amazon

Call my cell number: (eight one eight) six seven nine-seven four three four
  12. hidesertbomber

hidesertbomber Doin' it in the dirt!

Oddometer:
  13. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
  14. Spyder

Spyder Welcome to the Lair

Oddometer:
    Received this yesturday on our local Boards for SDAR.

<<
    SR 78 to BE CLOSED–IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!!

The following is forwarded from Sherri Kukla, editor of San Diego Off-Road Magazine. I might add to what she wrote that the alternate route she mentions is not acceptable to many off-roaders with motorhomes and trailers. The next shortest route would be I-8 east to Forrester Rd. north to 86 north to 78 west.

Cal Trans has plans to close SR78 from Scissors Crossing to Yaqui Pass beginning this Monday, November 13 for eight weeks.

To get to Ocotillo Wells will require a huge detour up San Felipe Road, through Ranchita, onto Montezuma Valley Road and into Borrego Springs, some have estimated an hour long detour.

Call them today to POLITELY express your displeasure at closing this road at the busiest time of the off road season.

619-688-2556 or 619-688-6670.

They are meeting TODAY (Wednesday the 8th) to decide if they should attempt to reschedule it with the contractor. They said they have only received a few calls and are paying attention to whether people are concerned about this or not.

Please call right away to discuss the hardship for thousands of off roaders traveling that path and encourage your friends to call too!

If you don't get this in time to call on Wednesday, call anyway, because they need to hear from us. We suggested they wait until after President's Day weekend or even Easter to do this.>>

Thankfully, enough people called to let CalTrans know this would be a big inconvience to those going to Ocotillo Wells for Thanksgiving and New Years Weekends! The recording now states the work has been put off until later....:ear
    Thank you to SD Off Road Coalition for getting the word out!
    Spyder

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_2455-->
  15. neduro

neduro Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Poked around Ocotillo Wells today, and having seen all the stuff out there, I'm now really excited for the weekend.

A couple last minute details: This information applies to all 3 days.

We'll meet at Trey's at 8:30, and get started at 9 sharp.

After a quick introduction, we'll head about 3 miles east to start the drills. If anyone gets there late and we are no longer at Trey's, directions to where we'll be spending most of our time are below.

I'll be parking the van out in the desert at the place described below, so we've got an easy place to stash stuff, grab drinks and food, etc.

Temps were very moderate today- I think we lucked out on that front!

Drills area (again, only useful if you get there late- we'll meet at Trey's!):

GPS: N 33 08.983 W 116 07.766

Directions: Continue east on 78 for ~3 miles.
    Just beyond the Desert Rose Restaurant, and the junction with Split Mtn Road, you'll see a dirt landing strip to the North/ Left of road. The end of the strip is right around MM 92. Make a left onto the dirt road that goes around the Eastern end of the runway, and follow that back in a little (~1/4 - 1/2 mile). You'll see my van parked, and probably a bunch of bikes riding in circles or something. :D

There's a big white cross on the hill above where we're riding, which is a useful landmark...
  16. jhank

jhank not too gnarly adventurer

Oddometer:

If anybody's still at their computer, one of those people was me. Gotta work late tomorrow so I probably won't get away till noon Sat. I'm still interested in camping Sat. night and joining a ride (for the big bikes) on Sunday. I'll contribute to beer/food funds.

The map makes it look like about a 4-hour ride from where I live in Woodland Hills. Is this a fair estimate?
  17. RxRick

RxRick Seeker of Trout Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I've been too busy at work to check in so I'm late getting back to this thread. Again.

I'm leaving tomorrow (Friday) and should be up there by early to mid-afternoon. I'm trucking my bike up so I'll bring an ice chest, beer, snacks, etc. I have a room Friday and Saturday at the Iron Woods. If anyone still needs a floor to sleep on, you're welcome to crash in my room (warning: I snore like a chainsaw).

I'll try to track some of you down Friday afternoon - I'm in the Saturday DS class and I'm interested in a ride Sunday morning, if that's still an option. I'm coming up in a grey Tundra and I'll be riding a KTM 640 (orange, as usual). I'll bring a check for Neduro and cash for the map.

Anything else? I'm a big-time beginner and don't even have all the gear I should have, but what the hell. I'll do what I can.

See some of you tomorrow.

--RxRick
  18. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    If anyone has a copy of Dust To Glory and any other desert videos bring them. I'll have a DVD player there and there is a TV in the main area.
  19. jhank

jhank not too gnarly adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can fill that order. I plan to be there by Sat. late afternoon.
  20. dustjunkie

Oddometer:
    I'll bring "on any Sunday"...

Jake