Need a new bike for my adventures 2up.

Discussion in 'Americas' started by lalispeed, Oct 2, 2019.

1. lalispeed

lalispeed Right handle addict...

Oddometer:
    So i currently have an 06 gs1200. And i did few looong trips with the person that sleep on the other side of the bed ...most of the times.....We love our bike, but....i bought a Van.
    Dodge promaster 3500. Im looking for a bike that i can load an unload easily, more lightweight and smaller. We are tired of long stints of HWY to get somewhere ( we live in Dallas). So the idea is do Day trips or few day trips on a bike that have some off road capabilities. We like to go Natiomal parks and hike or do nothing...or ride around. I was looking into the new KTM 790 and i love it... but the $ is to high and i can't afford it... Cause there is no way that im selling my BMW.... The TR650 sounds kinda right but where to find them... Xr650?.. sucks on twisty roads... desitions desitions...
  2. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    Most singles are not going top be fun 2-up. Some are not going to be that much fun on road rides even if you are going solo. So the question is - how much off-road capability do you need? If it's about the same as the R12GS, maybe a used V-Strom 650 would work. It's lighter than a GS, but still good enough to do any road trip and some off-road (off pavement?) two-up. Dirt cheap to buy and maintain. A Versys 650 is also a good option, more fun on twistes, less fun going straight, but more cramped two-up than a V-Strom.

Left field option (yes, I know I said most singles aren't going to be that much fun two up... :loco) - Duke 690.

Gustavo
  3. ktmjohn

ktmjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ktm 990 or 950 adventure.
    Smaller than a GS, easy to load in van and capable off pavement with decent tires. Loads of fun on pavement too.

Looking for something simple to ride around on 2-up once you get to the forest? DR650.
  4. Klinc207

Klinc207 To PERU!

Oddometer:
    Down on the coast or out in the sticks ME
    My wife and I have no issues on the DR650 2 up. Buy an airhawk for your passenger and ride on.