need a shop @ Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada' started by chauan, May 22, 2006.

1. chauan

chauan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a shop @ Vancouver is willing to do oil change and tire on both Suzuki and BMW bikes?

thanks!
  2. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hey chauan, :D

Head to Victoria & get SM Cycle to help you out. They are the best dealer I have found yet.:clap

Rick:D

]Hi,

Can anyone recommend a shop @ Vancouver is willing to do oil change and tire on both Suzuki and BMW bikes?

thanks![/QUOTE]
  3. lukex

lukex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Out of interest folks, is it easy to get across to Victoria from Vancouver with car or bike?
  4. rob_evans

rob_evans Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Piece of piddle, I did it twice when I rented a bike there last November. Just turn up at the dock and you'll usually be directed to a lane that will put you under cover (if it is raining) or just right to the front of the queue. There are two main routes, the short one between Nanaimo (on the Island) and Horseshoe Bay, and the longer one (but closer to Victoria) between Swartz Bay and Tsawwassen (I may have the wrong numbers of Ws and Ss in the there :-))

Have a look at http://www.bcferries.com/
  5. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    In Vancouver I would go to Shail's BMW service. He is not prejudiced and will do the Suzuki too. They are down on Pender Street near the Docks.
    You should come to the Island too. Take the ferry to Victoria and head northwest to Long Beach and Tofino/Ucluelet
  6. LongWays

LongWays Skiing up a hill...

Oddometer:
    City of Subdued Excitement.... no really it is!
  7. GSPD750

GSPD750 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another vote for Shails on Pender St.
  8. chauan

chauan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks ALL!!!

These infos sure help!! :clap
  9. Doog

Doog The Complete Squid

Oddometer:
    Gotta put a thumbs up for my man at Imperial Motorcycle in Burnaby (that's the 'burb right next to Vancouver). These guys have a serious background in bikes (the owner and key guy, Ted, on the wrench team for Britten way back at Daytona in early 80's) and him and Joe still race and wrench on weekends. They are honest as you can find, and know their stuff. Probably the best place to take a Ducati in town, but can take care of your bimmer and Sazook with no problems.
  10. drifter dave

drifter dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Burnaby Kawasaki just off
    Canada Way.
  11. Northern Rob

Northern Rob Con Brio!

Oddometer:
  12. Stily1

Stily1 Ex-pat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Earlier post may have inadvertantly suggested that caging it by ferry from Vancouver to Victoria is just as easy as biking it....not my experience. On a bike you're basically guaranteed to get on. In a car, not!

Depending on *where* in Vancouver you live/work, Carter Honda near Granville Island has gladly worked on my Suzuki. Ask for James or Shannon in service and say Seth sent you.
  13. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ted @ Imperial is a great guy. But, I think it was Gord McMurter [now departed to another small shop near Marine Way & Byrne in Burnaby] who was the Britten wrench at Daytona for Andrew Stroud and John Britten. He was well involved with the machine when John Britten had Gary Goodfellow [gosh there's an oxymoron for a last name] testing/racing early prototypes of the machine during the Westwood days, and Gord [and Ted] were mechanics for Gary at the shop at the corner of Gilley and Kingsway in Burnaby.
    Regarding a shop to work on both BMW and Suzuki, I don't think you will find any shop that will have BOTH oil filters in stock. Shail's [a BMW guy] may send one of his grunts off to find a filter for the Suzuki. The best tire prices without question will be found at Burnaby Kawasaki. Mr. Taylor takes challenge in getting a tire sale over other shops. His shop is open late Thursday nights. Imperial M/C will have an aftermarket filter for the Suzuki, but no BMW filter, and a great tire selection. The service dept @ Pacific BMW/Yamaha is to be avoided at most all costs!
    Ciao, Steve G.
  14. BeeCeeGS

BeeCeeGS WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer:
    Pop a BMW filter in your luggage and go to an independent shop.
  15. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Steve G.,

Your words bring back fond memories. I was squidding around Vancouver in the mid/late 80's on my then new GPz750. Got to know the boys at Bby Kawi real well. It's great that Brian, Manny, and Trevor are still there doing thier thing. After moving up to the interior 15 years ago, I can still phone there and they know my voice and greet me as if I was in the shop a day or two ago.

Back in the day I was a marshall at Westwood, it was always a kick to get the bike out on the track - just need transportation out to my corner really! Noboy seemed to mind if it took a lap or three for me to find my appointed spot! At the time Gary Goodfellow was racing the Britten... the sound nd fury of that thing spinning up the rear tire throught the "Esses" while booking along at about 120 mph is etched into my brain.

My wife was a member of the "Westwood Motorcycle Photographers Club", she has a big Rubbermaid tub of photos from back in the day. If you know anyone who used to go round and round out there, and want's a photo of what they used to look like on a bike 30 pounds ago, tell 'em to drop me a note -- we'll see what we can dig up.

Thanks for the memories, maybey we'll meet up on a B.C. road someday.
  16. BeeCeeGS

BeeCeeGS WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer:
    I cross-posted this info to the WMRC website. There is still roadracing in BC out at Mission Raceway--it may not be what Westwood was, but I'm having a great time racing my SV there as a novice.

I'm learning a thing or two about racing in the rain! :lol3