Need central America tracks and waypoints

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by irishdec, Aug 7, 2006.

1. irishdec

irishdec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all.I Need central America tracks and waypoints from whomever has been down there and has found nice SAFE accomadations ,also nice spots to camp etc.I dont intend to do much offroading,but do want to see the real country.This is my first trip (lasting ,I hope,for six months) so be gentle !!!.
    I drive a 2000 KLR650 with all the trimmings,incld.quite a lot of my own inventions (if anyone is interested in seeing them send me an email) Also give me some pointers on what to watch out for on the trip-yes that also !!!
    ALL HELPFUL COMMENTS WILL BRING YOU CLOSER TO BUCK ROGERS!!!
  2. Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang vvrrrooooommmm...........

Oddometer:
    I traveled through Honduras this spring.... I have traveled a bit around the world..... a strong impression was made regarding its beauty and banditry.... Loved the country, geography and people... but found the level of danger a little higher than expected...... alot of AK47's, shotguns and machetes..... worth exploring but was not expecting this hightened level of alert.....

Went to Guatemela.... absolutly loved it..... will be going back.....

I've attached some GPS tracks.... the roads were decent.... you wont get lost.....

Attached Files:

3. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    I moved your thread over here. You will see on post with some Costa Rican waypoints. Not sure what you mean by Central America, but there is some Mexico info in here as well.
  4. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try this web site for a garmi loadable map of Central Americ

http://rwsmaps.griffel.se/

I was in Honduras early this summer - Copan Ruinas is a great place, from la Ceiba you can ferry your bike out to the Islands (Roatan/Guanaja...) - great beaches and scuba. I loved Copa Ruina - safe and laid back with ruins and other things to do - a good twisty road in to there from San Pedro Sula (Sorry don't have the tracks or waypoint)... You can get there from Guatemala.

If you make it to the capital, Tegucigalpa, here are some tracks and waypoints around the capital plus a twisty trip up the moutain north of Tegucigalpa, El Atillo. the track continues up on good twisty dirt to Parque El Tigre - you can stay there in the rainforest pretty cheap... Que te vaya bien... Edit - here are some Costa Rica tracks http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116282

Attached Files:

5. eap

Oddometer:
    Sawadi Luang - sounds like you are from Thailand Mai?
  6. Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang vvrrrooooommmm...........

Oddometer:
    Mai Chai.. No... not from Thailand.... Seattle... but spend some time in SE asia.... most recently this july in Veitnam..... and you?....
  7. eap

Oddometer:
    I did public health work in Northeast Thailand refugee camps in the early 80's. I was in NonKhai, Thailand across from Ventian with 'Lowland" Lao, then later with Hmong hill tribes a bit further up the Mekong in Ban Vinai, Loei Province. Fantastic country, as you know!

Sawadi Kung Khap