Need experienced riders for one in a lifetime motorcycle expedition

Discussion in 'Americas' started by salcar, Feb 24, 2008.

1. salcar

salcar Riding 4 Health

Oddometer:
    For those that are interested in participating in this expedition we need a non-refundable deposit of $1,600 by April 8th. We are still looking for 3 riders.

The $1,300 will be used as down payment for a brand new 2008 Yamaha DT 175cc that you'll be riding. If we accomplish the expedition successfully the motorcycle will be named after you. $300 will be use to cover the cost of creating a multimedia presentation of the expedition.

Then all other costs will be out of pocket - budget $100/day. The plan is to be 15 days on the road but preferably buy an open airplane ticket.
    Tickets to Nicaragua should be approx $600-700 depending where you are coming from.

I highly recommend buying evacuation insurance which from a place such as MedJetassit that cost approx $85

You'll need to bring all your riding gear, camp gear, water filter etc. We'll just provide a bike, the route and expedition plan.
    Departure date is still toward the end of April. Once we have the deposit from a couple riders will set up the exact date.

all the best,
    S.
  2. salcar

salcar Riding 4 Health

Oddometer:

APRIL NICA MOTO EXPEDITION IN THE NEWS!
    CHECK IT OUT HERE

[​IMG]
  3. LaOutbackTrail

LaOutbackTrail Certified Smartass

Oddometer:
    Cool!!! I was able to translate and understand most of the article. But, if you were rattling it off like a pissed off mother in law... you would get an expression on my face that would look similar to a confused rock. :deal

"La vuelta" that means the "flight" doesnt it? or does it also mean like "trip" or something?
  4. salcar

salcar Riding 4 Health

Oddometer:
    :D

Vuelta in this case means "going around" or just "around"

Flight is "Vuelo":evil
  5. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    Atleast I didnt think vuelta=onion (cebolla) :lol3 So, Atleast I was close-ish. I got the idea anyways.:deal
  6. Gringacho

Gringacho Una Aventura Loca

Oddometer:
    Just ran across your thread. I would have loved to join in on the adventure yet the timing just won't work out. I even have my bike stored about 1.5 days (riding) away in Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras at my mother-in-laws house. Am also mechanically inclined (engineer) yet don't know the first thing about medical.

I was down September thru January in Honduras and was looking for an excuse to make it into Nicaragua, yet had to come back Stateside for a while.

I'll be back in Honduras May, yet the wife and I are planning on heading North through Mexico. Again good luck and to bad the timing didn't work out for me. If your ever in Honduras drop me a PM and Good luck on your adventures. :beer Always good to read about someone doing something on a Motorcycle for a great cause!!:thumb
  7. salcar

salcar Riding 4 Health

Oddometer:
    Hola Gringacho! :wave

thank you for the kind words and too bad you won't be able to join us. Before you head to Mexico in May you should do a quick run into Nica and theeeen you should head to MX:D

Once I get my my bmw fixed up or get a new bike i'll start riding into other central america's countries... so i'll let you know when i head to honduras another country with little tourism but ton of great adv roads.

all the best.
    S.
  8. DavidFarrellGarcia

DavidFarrellGarcia Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Vaya" con Dios. :wink:
  9. salcar

salcar Riding 4 Health

Oddometer:
    the trip is post pone till may... i got in an accident playing american football and have 3 stitches on my knees and a few cuts. the doc say it will take approx 10+ days to take the stitches off and then another 3 days to be good to ride. The rainy season will start a couple of weeks early this year and it will be one of the worst for Hurricanes.

If anyone is still interested departure will be around the first days of May.
  10. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    Giving me time to ride down there aye???:lol3 Actually, my riding partner cant leave California until June 1... so I'll have to wait for that.

Do you have anyone going at all Sal?

I know a fella that might be interested... I'll give him a call and see what he thinks. He rides harleys, but, I did buy my XR650L from him and he is pretty well off and likes adventure.
  11. salcar

salcar Riding 4 Health

Oddometer:
    got a lot of interest so i'm expecting someone to come through and join me. the problem has been that 2 weeks is a long time and i don't know exactly how much time it will take to go around the country.

here is a picture of my knee.

[​IMG]

Once I recover from this i'm heading out for this adventure. we'll see how it goes since the rainy season is starting and it suppose to be a very wet year:evil
  12. salcar

salcar Riding 4 Health

Oddometer:
  13. Mike Butt

Mike Butt Agent Provocateur

Oddometer:
    Ouch, sorry about your knee. :eek1