Need Help Finding Contour Storyteller Software

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by S.Ark_Rider, Sep 27, 2013.

1. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes
  2. saabarubi

saabarubi n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting the dropbox link! Just pulled my old ContourHD out of storage after moving. Downloaded Storyteller and back up and running.

Guess its a good thing I just got a Hero3+......
  3. iny46

iny46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good advice, thx :clap
    Storyteller works now and there are some new questions.

Does anyone know how
    to change the width from 170 ? done, register at contour and you are able to config the camera via storyteller
    but:
    how to use/show the gps dates in a film made by magix ?
  4. sbn

sbn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great......just bought the Roam2... downloaded storyteller from the dropbox link from this thread.

Wanted to change settings on camera. Had to register my camera and make a profile on contour.com...did that. Went back to storyteller and wanted to log in with my new profile login from contour.com. Storyteller said it did not know my profile.???

What do I do now??
  5. andrewhtf

andrewhtf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have yet to use storyteller to change settings. All this while I have been playing guess works with editing text file and then took a test video. Plus for some simple editing and joining works I could either use windows movie maker or youtube's video editor lol
  6. sbn

sbn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never mind... I worked it out... needed to put in the microSD card... Im such a dumba..!!
  7. BRad704

BRad704 Journeyman

Oddometer:
    This thread just saved me some very choice words and potential damage to personal property! I got a Used-NIB Roam 2 off Amazon and didn't do my research on software until I had camera in hand. Thanks all for the files and help!!!

One note about the instructions below... What confused me for a minute, was that my txt file is actually named "FW_RTC_DEFUALTS.txt". I'm guessing I would save under the new/shorter filename and delete the DEFAULTS file? Camera is operational without firmware update, so I'm going to wait on that...

8. andrewhtf

andrewhtf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    there are 2 text files in ROAM2. Ignore the one with the name "DEFAULT". If you cant see the other one, it could be hidden. Check your folder properties and tick on "unhide files"
  9. chapmanlj

chapmanlj n00b

Oddometer:
  10. Desert camo 82

Desert camo 82 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I AM so frustrated I cant get any simple instructions to get my Roam 1600 hooked up to the computer. Yes i suck at technology Problem is i am leaving on august 19 2019 for the Trans Lab highway (18 Days)
    Can anyoue dumb it down for me so i can just get it to play basic video??? Thanks
  11. Desert camo 82

Desert camo 82 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im so confused!!! If anyone is still looking at this old thread please help me out in plain simple terms how i can get my Labrador Trip off my contour and onto the PC. Just finished the trip 8/28/18 my first one and it was incredible did it solo!!!!
  12. Ridercam

Ridercam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Island of Alameda, across from San Francisco
    You have a choice - you use the usb cable which you use to charge you camera. Open the file explorer and you will see the files. Open them up, you don’t need the storyteller software. Any video player can read the files.

For what it is worth, the form factor of the contour and the on/off switch is still the best. It is too bad they got beat by GoPro - in truth they had a better product for almost 3 years. They blew the market. I still use mine and then use anti shake video editing software. The POV video is for me. If I ever show POV footage I limit it to 30 seconds or less.

Also if you use an iPad, you can edit using a card reader. I move or LumaFusion can open the files and edit saving you the headache of caring a ton of cards on a trip.
  13. Quaid

Quaid n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone have the Storyteller install file? I haven't used my Contour Roam3 for a couple of years now and changed laptops since...need it to change settings.
  14. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am really late to this parts but my computer died and I lost Storyteller. Any way to get it back? Anyone have a copy. I have 5 cameras and no software. :(
  15. bikeopeli

bikeopeli n00b

Oddometer:
    You can still find Storyteller installation files on web.archive.org. Even though the Contour company and website are long gone. Fire up the internet wayback machine and go back to when the site was still running to find the installer. I found 3.3.3 here, though you can poke around and maybe find newer versions at more recent checkpoints:
    https://web.archive.org/web/2011101...storyteller/Contour-Storyteller-Installer.exe

update - V3.5.3 is here: https://web.archive.org/web/2013092...storyteller/Contour-Storyteller-Installer.exe
    talmage and mouthfulloflake like this.
  16. desirydr

desirydr n00b

Oddometer:

** This link does not work. It fails to download. Do you have alternative? May be place it in google drive share if you a copy? Thank you.
  17. ozmoses

ozmoses .

Oddometer:
    Contour is gone ?!?

That figures; I returned a GoPro because I liked the shape of the Contour better- I actually have two units.
  18. Scotty707

Scotty707 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the windows installer. PM incoming.
  19. TurcoLoco

TurcoLoco n00b

Oddometer:
    I just located a few different versions of Storyteller on my NAS:
    - Ver. 3.4.2
    - Ver 3.5.3 (ROAM3 may not be detected with versions older than this)
    - Ver 3.6.2

If anyone has a ROAM(1) model, I can share the Contour ROAM hack instructions (to make ROAM essentially function like ROAM2).

Important: Do NOT try using the firmware (.bin) file of ROAM3 for ROAM1 or ROAM2. Just take my word for it!

I also have the Contour GPS, Contour ROAM, ROAM2 (v2.16) and ROAM3 (v3.01) firmware if anyone interested. I, too, have used a text editor (Notepad++) to modify the settings.

If anyone needs it, I can break down the settings within the FW_RTC.txt files for HD, ROAM2 and ROAM3 models which I currently still use.

I simply use Windows Explorer and run two batch files I created to delete or move & delete the video files. Simply create two batch files named Delete.cmd and Move.cmd at the root of the SD memory card (whatever drive letter it is using).

This is what Delete.cmd would read:
    Note: It simply deletes all the files inside the 100MEDIA folder where video files are stored as well as the reference files.

and Move.cmd would be:
    Move will try to move only the video files from 100MEDIA folder to the Contour Library folder that gets created by Storyteller at the default location. If it doesn't find the folder, it will attempt to create it. If it fails to do that too it will give you an error, otherwise it will move all the video files and then delete the reference files.
  20. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer: