Need help scouting the Pacific Ridge Crest - Lake Isabella to Yosemite - Sept 20-21

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Jean-Luc, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Mary-Anna

Mary-Anna n00b

Oddometer:
    When are you planning to ride any of these sections, and do you have room for one more rider?

Also, can anyone tell me how to change my username? And how to add an avatar? (Yes, I'm new not only to AdvRider but also to this whole process.)

I don't want my avatar to end up being: :confused
  2. Mary-Anna

Mary-Anna n00b

Oddometer:
    Do you have sections of the trip already planned with dates? How do I sign up?

I am new not only to this site but to the process of using a site like this. I welcome advice on how to change my username and how to add an avatar.

Thanks!
  3. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    so you want to say something like .....

Hi,,I'm Mary-ann poppins and I'm not a WUSS....

welcome lady mary-anna,you are more of a trouper than many guys..

just leave that stupid jessy tool box at home next time...

sorry i'm clueless about the avatars my self...
  4. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Hello and welcome aboard Mary-Anna:clap This particular ride is more of a scouting ride where a couple of riders check roads for accesibility for a planned ride next year so it will be some time before this ride is official. As regards your avatar and username, go back to the control panel and follow the instructions they're pretty user friendly.
  5. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    Dawg, thank you very much for your information! I think I understand my confusion: the road where I took the picture is actually the Long Valley Loop! I have no preference for one route or the other as long as they're open which seems to be the case for Kennedy Meadow, R-dubb is the master here and I'll do what he prefers.

On the 2 options:
    - Kennedy Meadow is much closer to the PCT but is paved after the 9 miles canyon rd junction
    - Rancheria is further west but has more dirt

R-dubb, it's your call and you have to let me know before Friday 11:30 AM!
  6. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    J-L,

I think you should ride the original plan. We know the Kennedy Meadow route will be nice and easy. For the ride next year, it is likely the best choice. We don't know much about the Rancheria plan, so you ride that one and tell us whether it's worth it or not. Then we'll decide next year.

have a great time!

:dj
    R-dubb
  7. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    OK Chief, it makes sense! We'll try to have fun for all that can't make it...
  8. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Jean-Luc,
    Ok, I saw you posted last night. So where's the report on the ride?

Greg
  9. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    No ride report for me because aborted ride :(:

We were gone for 6 hours (41 x 33) when I called my wife from the gas station: she told me she was having health trouble. Without entering into to much details It could have been dangerous and difficult for her to manage (go to the emergencies) while taking care of our 14 months daughter and so I decided to headback ASAP via the 5. My wife rested a lot and is okay now.

I gave my GPS (but no mount) and maps to cRAsH and Kevin and I hope they will be doing OK...
  10. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jean-Luc,

I'm sorry to hear you had to return. I ceratinly hope that your wife is still doing well and that this is nothing serious.

Family always comes first. let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

:dj
    R-dubb
  11. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Family comes first, good man Jean Luc! Hope everything is OK, there is always another day to ride.
  12. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Jean-luc, Sorry to hear of your aborted trip. Hope the better half is doing OK. Guess we'll have to wait for the alternate crew to report back.

Take care,
    Greg
  13. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    Thank you guys I really appreciate it (and Jocflier via PM)!

I had put so much effort into preparing the trip: begging Scuderia to have a bike ready on time then a date for the 600 service, working with R-dubb, even have help from Jimmy... Everything was tight but everything worked fine until that issue :arg I also felt bad letting the buddies down... thankfully they were 2 left for the ride.

When shit happens all the above doesn't count and you're happy to give it up if only that could help. We'll now for sure this Friday if everything okay. Thanks again!