1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Link -- GPS Waypoints For BMW Dealers In US and Canada?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by marco polo, Feb 14, 2006.

1. marco polo

marco polo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi all, I just replaced my PC after it gave up the ghost. I was only able to retrieve some of the stuff on the old hard drive. I was not able to get any of my GPS files, or any of my internet favourites. Can anyone please show me the link to the website where someone has assembled GPS Waypoints for all BMW dealers in the US and Canada? I found it quite handy.
  2. GSbiker

GSbiker new and un-improved

Oddometer:

Look here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42331&highlight=dealer+waypoints
  3. marco polo

marco polo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, that was fast. Exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't find. Thanks a lot.
  4. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    If your GPS can handle custom POI's (2720/30 or other newer GPS) I have that set up and converted as well based upon McCurdy's list. Makes finding them much easier since they stay in the GPS instead of having to include them as waypoints in every route that you make up.

Linky
  5. marco polo

marco polo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got a 276C, so I don't know if that supports custon POIs, but I think it does. That said, I'm not sure I really understood how to do it. I'll read it agin in slower time. Thanks for the info.
  6. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    It doesn't, but download McCurdy's list and save it as a .gdb file and then after you make up a route, and then load the list of dealerships and you can rubber band and select the ones near your route.
  7. marco polo

marco polo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've saved the dealer list(s) and then when I open in Mapsource it's a long list of waypoints. Instead of loading the entire list(s) and filling up my GPS with things I don't need, I create a new waypoint file with just those in the area that I plan to ride in. That's what I load into my GPS. Sorry to be thick, but is that what you meant by "rubber band"?
  8. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Eggggsssactly. To keep it simple, you can open up the master list and then zoom out so the area you are going to be riding in is completely visable.

With the pointer tool, you can then rubber band the area where all the waypoints are, you will see them highlight to yellow on the map. When they are highlighted, they are also highlighted in the waypoint list, at which point, you can right click and copy them to the clip board as one group and then paste them into the route you created - just an easier way of dealing with a lot of data.
  9. marco polo

marco polo Long timer

Oddometer:
    PhilSpace, good tip. That's easier than the way I was doing it, for sure.