Need Some Guidance with Rally/Enduro Riding in the UK

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Sean2017, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Sean2017

Sean2017 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey inmates,

Just a quick about me, Im an American who just moved to the UK, specifically the Suffolk area. I have a well loved KLR 650 and will likely buy some new bikes soon.

Im interested in becoming involved in trail riding and ultimately rally/enduro events here in the UK. Im familiar with RallyMoto and the cannonballs they put on but before I commit I was hoping some folks could point me in the right direction for local clubs or groups that I could get involved in or individuals that could give me some more guidance.

Thanks In Advance!

Sean
  2. Russtic

Russtic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome buddy
    First point of contact try the Trail Riders Fellowship a uk wide organisation which has local groups who organise rides most weekends good place to meet fellow enthusiasts!
    Try website
  3. Lewilewi

Lewilewi Ride it like you stole it......

Oddometer:
    Trf is a bit light weight riding tho, probably a good start...

Try a e.mail to lyndonposkittracing for guidance
  4. nickguzzi

nickguzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    A bit far maybe, but adjacent to the Swaffham raceway (banger racing) on the A1122 as you approach the A47 roundabout is a dirt bike practice/training setup on Swaffham Heath. Whole available area is forested.
    Never used it, couldn't find it on google, but has been going for quite a while.

Don't know what level you are at, there is a guy a bit further north who gives small group/tailored individual off road/ADV training. https://adventurebiketraining.co.uk/
  5. potus

potus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure where you're based (doh just read properly) but this crowd put on some great events ....https://www.ddbc.org.uk/

Worth the travel to Wales I can assure you
  6. Rhode trip

Rhode trip guided by voices Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. LOZ

LOZ Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. Sean2017

Sean2017 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys for the recommendations! Ill definitely check out the TRF...they seem like a good group. Also, Ive been a huge Poskitt fan for years and Ill definitely see what theyre team does around the island. Another note, how about on the road sort of groups and rides or clubs. And to narrow things down I am currently looking for a place in Cambridge so thats where Ill likely be.

Thanks
  9. nickguzzi

nickguzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cambridge is not in Suffolk.... They like speed cameras in Cambridgeshire, so keep watch.

The only people I ever see in groups on the roads are harley riders.
  10. Lewilewi

Lewilewi Ride it like you stole it......

Oddometer: