Needed Vietnam MC tour/tour guide

Discussion in 'Asia' started by wadenelson, Aug 13, 2014.

1. wadenelson

wadenelson Rider/Writer

Oddometer:
    I've got a friend who wants to ride from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) with his bride for his honeymoon. They're both pretty good riders.

He's a professional chef so the FOOD en route is a big thing.

Can anyone recommend a tour company, guides, packages, etc.

Probably need some references from U.S. folks who have ridden with you if you ARE the tour operator...or a private guide.

If anyone else wants to go, might drop me a line...

Wade Nelson
    wadexsubx261@wadenelson.com

Now REMOVE the "X's and ADD ONE to the last digit in that email address.....
  2. whizzerwheel

whizzerwheel Easily distracted Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. crazy cat

crazy cat Crazy cat

Oddometer:
    Slowcruzetours tours owner is an inmate .
  4. gavo

gavo Slacker

Oddometer:
    Offroad vietnam as suggested above . Very friendly and well organized, wife and I plus friends did a Northern trip with them which included some homestays.
    Small group, 6 but they do custom tours as well. Also used by Australian motorcycle journalist's. Ahn Wu is the boss.
  5. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    just cancelled our bike rental, US citizens cannot legally ride-drive in vietnam. they dont accept-legally our drivers license nor IDP. So youer travelers insurance is not valid. I know many do it nutthere it is , FYI.
  6. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    that last comment didnt answer any questions.
    I was to rent thru tigit motorbikes, they have much info and the "top gear" tour info also which I found would be a great all around tour.
    if you google "Top gear tour in Vietnam, many sites will come up with the tour operators web.
  7. gavo

gavo Slacker

Oddometer:
    I knew about the licence issue before hand and e mailed the Vietnam consulate in Canberra their reply was if you are traveling with a recognized Vietnamese company you will be ok. As for the insurance contact them and ask the question I believe some companies will ok it. Also if you hunt back through Viethhorses Vietnam thread Ihttps://advrider.com/f/threads/vietnam-by-motorcycle-or-by-the-bikers.897756/ think he mentioned that International permits have been or are soon to be recognized or just pm him.
  8. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    For some reason, the UK is being treated differently. checking all the govt sites that address the drivers license the license conversion is only done for those with a resident visa. Being in the US, companies have the basic line" legally driven" in the first section , it is hard to find travelers insurance for US citizen, just getting past the 125cc limit, World Nomads is one but they only reimburse you.