NEOhio ADV & TAG!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by SlipChip, Sep 11, 2007.

1. bumknee

bumknee Work Hard, Play Hard

Oddometer:
    Interesting Question. The Brave man I am refering to broke many records, however I think there is only one number that was close to his heart.

My other clues may help you as well.

I agree the landmark is on a route that is long and straight and would not encourage anyone to search from tip to tip. The section I ride is quite lovely and there are several interesting small towns around this tag to check out and get some education.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I sometimes stop in the town to gas up when I am out pionering a trail less traveled.
    <o:p></o:p>
    I often pass this landmark on my way home to the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Chagrin</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Valley</st1:placeType></st1:place> and must have driven past it 193 times. Others who live our way may have passed by as well hurrying home from visiting out of state relatives.

Now fire up google maps, and if you have correctly established the route from my first clue, you will be able to pinpoint the location of my tag witin a couple of miles.
  2. hateithere

hateithere anytime now

Oddometer:
    got it, guy down the street has small motorcycle shop and sometimes has dualsports forsale. girls gone wild will never be filming at that campus though:lol3 :lol3
  3. bumknee

Oddometer:
    Thats not a hint, thats an address. Might as well send the Waypoint right to my GPS. But it is on a great loop - worth picking up, and I have riden in the vacinty many times and never stopped. Now I have a reason to pull over.
  4. lorazepam

lorazepam Two fisted burger

Oddometer:
    I use my browser and gazetteer to find all the Oh tags. Most of the ones in SW OH I have figured out by sight. I use the tools at my disposal.
  5. bumknee

Oddometer:
    :rofl FAIR ENOUGH - I like your spirit.

Dont bring a knife to a gun fight.

Woddy Hayes was beating the Wolverines 50-14. At the end of the game, Hayes decided to pursue a two-point conversion rather than a simple kick for an extra point. When Hayes was asked why he "went for two," he responded "Because I couldn't go for three."

Gazatteer - new to me. Now that you have opened your tool box and shared the secret.......
  6. rxwar

rxwar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    both locations are in Boston Twp. the garage is on Boston Mills Rd and the bridge is by Hale Farm and Village. I spent lots of time in the valley in the 90s

Attached Files:

7. rxwar

rxwar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    other pic

Attached Files:

8. rxwar

rxwar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    number 3

Attached Files:

9. blimpman

blimpman Fla Trail & Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Good Job!:thumb
  10. blimpman

Oddometer:
    Built in 1825 or so. First brick house in the area for a long time.

[​IMG]
  11. lorazepam

lorazepam Two fisted burger

Oddometer:

http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?beginIndex=0&item=268&section=10096
  12. bumknee

Oddometer:
    Just placed the order. Much better than the atlas I use now and I am sick of trying to judge terrain by switching between Hybred and and Map view on google.

Thanks
  13. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Well I guess this is what you get when you say "We will make up the rules as we go along." , Anarchy! Dogs sleeping with cats, Google vs. Gazeteer, people posting tags without fetching tags first. Anarchy, I tell You!
    :kboom Aint it great...:rolleyes
  14. SlipChip

Oddometer:
  15. blimpman

Oddometer:
    Did three is one day so I posted... I mentally got the Ravenna Arsenal... That count's for something, huh? :rolleyes
  16. bumknee

Oddometer:
    :huh It wasn't anywhere near the arsenal! That chopper was up in Jeffferson. Take a ride up there and see for yourself.

Anyway - I like the anarchy approach. Lots of rules in Central. Our tag is like golf (except not a bore) - an individual game where you keep track of your own score.

By the way - I nominate Chip for 1 point for finding Squires Castle from ADV IN OHIO and starting this thread... and feel free to post another pic.

I am finally able to get out of work tonght at a reasonable time, looks like no rain, and I have no carpools or soccer games. I may just head into the park and pick up a few of those easy tags. Not much daylight left for after work loops.
  17. blimpman

Oddometer:
    Dang it, Now I remember seeing that chopper when I did this... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263250

Maybe it was a tank I saw in front of the Arsenal.

Double bogey.. :baldy

18. goldmembermn

goldmembermn n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I am looking at the map now and I will give it a run tonight! BTW, I have passed the same '08 KLR (red, pilot in high vis yellow touring jacket) twice now at the same spot right at Brainard and Cedar. Anyone on this list?
  19. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    :snore

What's the score? What's the prize?:ear :ear
  20. SlipChip

Oddometer:
    After you get on River you can either run it all the way till it ends (bridge out) at Miles and turn left and head into Chagrin Falls for Pie and Ice Cream or make a little loop by heading left at SR87 (So. Woodland) then first left onto County Line and another left when you hit a T at Old Mill again.