Nepal 2019: Father/Son Ride 3

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by MnMauler, Nov 12, 2018.

1. MnMauler

MnMauler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My Dad and I have done two international rides in the last couple years, South Africa and Patagonia (short highlight videos are below).

We are looking at riding Nepal in Sept/Oct 2019. I would love advice from anyone. I would rather not do a tour, we've done the other two trips on our own and really enjoyed it. Will we be able to do a 10 day trip on Royal Enfelds with just the two of us? Rumor has it we need to carry a wrench. Or just rent a BMW or something else.

Thoughts? Thanks!

South Africa:
    Patagonia:
  2. Tricepilot

Tricepilot Bailando Con Las Estrellas Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm going to Nepal in April 2019 as part of a do-good mission to bring water purification units to villages from near the border with India up to the base area around Annapurna, high in the mountains.

I guess you could say it's technically a "tour" but tourists wouldn't be taking this route. About 6 riders on Royal Enfields and a couple of Land Rovers to carry the water purification units, tools, and camping equipment, and food. Flying into Kathmandu to meet up with the team, then heading out. I've heard that these expeditions book out fast. I don't much like straight touristy tours either, but this mission seemed like the perfect blend of adventure and giving back.

Clean Drink Adventures
  3. MnMauler

MnMauler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is very cool, enjoy!!

4. Tricepilot

Tricepilot Bailando Con Las Estrellas Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Clean Drink uses an outfitter out of Kathmandu for the Royal Enfields and another one for the small support team. I suppose you could use the same bike supplier. PM me if this interests you.