Nepal 2019

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by mikenepal64, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mikenepal64

mikenepal64 n00b

Oddometer:
    I am planning a tour in Nepal in April of 2019 including a 220km run from Kathmandu to Pokhara of 200 - 300 Royal Enfields on the Nepali New Years Eve an annual event that raises funds for local charities called "The Poker Run".

I will also include 10 days around Nepal on Bikes and adventure activities such as paracending flights, rafting and Elephant Safari (it would make a cracking Christmas present or chance to see one of the most beautiful countries in the world)

Mike

Now have a website with all details, route, dates etc ottmotorcycles.co.uk
  2. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    If time allows, I thoroughly recommend that you take the trip up to Muktinath in the Annapurna's along the Mustang valley. It can be tough, but the little Bullet can do it with ease. You need two days up, over night up there and one day back to Pokhara. Stay at the Bob Marley guest house for free, but you must eat your meals there. Try the Yak burger if you are that way inclined. The time of year is perfect. We did last year two up on a 16 Africa Twin. Much easier on the Enfield for sure. Oh you need two permits from the local tourist board, they will cost $40 US.
  3. mikenepal64

mikenepal64 n00b

Oddometer:
    I did a tour about 5 years ago and a couple of riders did the Muktinath trip with Enfields and a Nepali guide (I stayed in Pokhara with the rest of the group) This was before the road was put in a couple of years ago I know you realize that the Nepali definition of a road is different from ours:beer I lived in Nepal and India for 5 years in Kathmandu and Darjeeling (Great place to ride)
    I take it you shipped your bikes to India and rode up to Nepal would you do it again?
  4. Hairibac

Hairibac n00b

Oddometer:
    4 of us rode a circular route Kathmandu, Pokara, Muktinath, Lekhnath, Hetauda, Nagarkot over 9 days this October. Contact me if this interests you. We used Pulsars ex Kathmandu.