Nettesheim Museum: The world's largest collection of BMW motorcycles

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by infinityedge, Oct 8, 2021.

1. infinityedge

infinityedge Long timer

Oddometer:
    https://www.revzilla.com/common-tre...-worlds-largest-collection-of-bmw-motorcycles

Nettesheim Museum: The world's largest collection of BMW motorcycles

If you aren’t in the know, you’ll drive right past the world’s largest collection of BMW motorcycles. And that would be a shame.

Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood in Huntington, New York, the street-facing side of the Nettesheim Museum masquerades as another Long Island house, neat as a pin, with stout wooden doors and a tidy driveway with no oil stains. But wait, is that Kevin Cameron looking at a BMW Isetta? This must be the place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ridepjride, spo123, Doppio and 10 others like this.
  2. infinityedge

infinityedge Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. thebisch

thebisch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is this open to the public? I can't seem to find any info about actually being able to visit.
  4. arbalest

arbalest Long timer

Oddometer:
    From the supplied link: “Nobody within 3,000 miles knows those engines like I do,” he says, pointing to one of his early BMWs."

I'd say he's never met Dave Percival. Dave probably knows more than anybody within 3,000 miles. He just doesn't brag about it. Two of Dave's early BMW's were featured in the Guggenheim's "Art of the Motorcycle" exhibit.
    darmahman, spo123 and lucky6600 like this.
  5. melville

melville Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I scored this book at the used bookstore a while ago and just got to reading it. All bikes inside are Nettesheim items. The prewar stuff is exquisite. The book was published in 2008.
    spo123, infinityedge and Pezz_gs like this.
  6. arbalest

arbalest Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not saying Nettesheim doesn't have more BMW's than Dave, I just think his comment about "knowing more about BMW's than anyone within 3000 miles" is just a little self aggrandizing. Personally, I'd put my money on Dave. As I said, he just doesn't brag about it.
    darmahman and woodgrain like this.
  7. Pokie

Pokie Just plain Pokie.

Oddometer:
    Bragging gets attention, but it doesn't necessarily make it so. Often the quiet guy knows more than he's willing to say.
    woodgrain likes this.
  8. arbalest

arbalest Long timer

Oddometer:
    Which one of them ran a successful vintage BMW racing team for years? Ask Mr. Nettesheim how many Rennsports he has, how many Rennsport motors he has. I believe one of them may have cornered the market in Rennsports.
    woodgrain and Pokie like this.
  9. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    What???