NEVA Rally – August 5 to August 8, 2021 - Galeton; Potter County, PA

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by blaustrom, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Tengai650

Tengai650 Random Task

Oddometer:
    Just saw this. I live in Wellsboro half the week and I have a camper near Galeton, so I have no excuse!
    eddie bolted, Wood1 and dirtbagger like this.
  2. blaustrom

blaustrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NOTE: Rides have been posted

Friday:

We have prepared 2 routes for Friday going to the Kinzua Bridge via the Austin Dam Memorial site. The all black top (designated as “BT”) returns via Benezette, the center of the PA elk country. The mixed blacktop and gravel route (designated as “GR”) returns via Emporium for the lunch stop mainly via gravel roads.

Saturday:

We have prepared 2 blacktop routes for Saturday. One going to the Lock Haven Piper Museum, Woolrich and Hyner View State Park. The other going to Hyner View State Park and the PA Grand Canyon via Renovo.

We prepared one mixed blacktop and gravel route that is mainly gravel and visits Hyner View State Park and the PA Grand Canyon.

The GPX files are designated as R- for route files and T- for track files. There is a track and a route file for each prepared route.

For Lunch Stops we suggest some options in the Ride and Lunch Info. But since you all have smartphones just search for a suitable place when you get hungry or are lost :-).

Go to the website, navigate to the Rides tab and the Download Link below for the GPX files and the Info PDF.
    gsweave and Racer111v like this.
  3. B-Mac

B-Mac Aged Beef Supporter

Oddometer:
    I Just made reservations at the Inn for this event and I was informed it was the last room.:knary
    Looking forward to some Adventure riding in NW PA.

Accommodation 1 - Standard Room
    08/05/2021 - 08/08/2021 1adult 3nights $ 267.00:hmmmmm
  4. Borghi

Borghi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ***REMINDER***: July 22 is the last day to sign up for the buffet style breakfast and dinners. If you do not sign up for meals on the spreadsheet at http://www.nevarally.fun/, you will NOT be able to participate in the group meals. You can still order meals at the on-site restaurant, or at a local restaurant of your choice. Also please note that the Pine Creek Hotel and Campsites restaurant DOES NOT serve breakfast. If you want the on-site breakfast buffet, you must sign up on the spreadsheet and indicate what days you want breakfast. You will be charged for meals and lodging upon arrival.
  5. Wood1

Wood1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ok Ron, you talked me into signing up
  6. Borghi

Borghi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Spread the word around!!
    Wood1 likes this.
  7. Borghi

Borghi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Details for arrival at Pine Creek:

Welcome NEVA 2021

We wish to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host this year’s event. Below is some information that may help you navigate the weekend. We are happy to assist in any way during your stay.

Property Contacts: Jenifer (JJ) and Shannon or see Bartender for immediate assistance.

AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES CALL 717-840-9237 or of course 911 for medical attention

Riders with Motel Reservations – please check-in at the motel office as normal. Your charges will be billed to the credit card on file.

Tent Riders – Tents may be placed throughout the front lawn area. Please check in during the following times to pay for your spot. The fee is $10.00 per person per night. CASH PREFERRED.

CHECK IN TIMES- THURSDAY & FRIDAY 3PM-6PM

SATURDAY 9AM-12PM

Meal Plan (Must have pre-registered online)

Breakfast Buffet in The Tavern Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7am-930 am. $10.00 per person

Dinner Buffet in The Tavern Friday & Saturday at 6pm $20.00 per person

** Again, CASH PREFERRED. Those getting the meal plan will receive a wrist band. Alcohol may be purchased ala carte at the bar. Non-meal plan riders may dine ala carte Lunch & Dinner during normal business hours.

Group Campfires permitted in the Community Fire Pit behind Cabin 4. Wood for sale at the Motel Office

CHECK-OUT SUNDAY AT 11AM.
  8. blaustrom

blaustrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NOTE: Signup for meals will absolutely close after the weekend.
  9. c_m_shooter

c_m_shooter Ninja Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which weekend?
  10. blaustrom

blaustrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Final Countdown:
    Have a safe trip to Galeton!
    Please remember to bring cash, they prefer cash for camping and the meals :-)
    tjzondrz likes this.
  11. Chirosyd

Chirosyd Never get off my bike without a smile

Oddometer:
    Arriving on Thursday, sometime in the afternoon with Don and Steve. Looking forward to another great N.E.V.A. Thank you Blaustrom (Harmut) and Ron for putting this together. It's going to be great to get together with this Motley crew of riders. :1drink:clap:rofl
  12. tjzondrz

tjzondrz Non-Nefarious

Oddometer:
    All packed up. See you folks tomorrow,
    3B9ABE6E-CB69-493B-A2DD-26C8D84C27D0.jpeg
    scootac and Wood1 like this.
  13. snowman318

snowman318 Future Corpse

Oddometer:
    I'll be at your place tomorrow morning. The bike started, so I'm good. Rode by this site many times, maybe a stop by this weekend.
    GPS location of site is: N 41 degrees 33.646 minutes

W 77 degrees 35.184 minutes

elevation 1804 ft. This is the center of the circle about 75 feet from crash site.

Plane crash location from Leetonia Road:

Take Cushman Road to Francias Leetonia Rd. from this point you will go 3.1 miles to the right on Francias Leetonia. About 100 yds past Cold Springs Camp (picture 1) on the right you will see a logging road gate that has fluorescent green paint on it. (Pictures 2 & 3) From this point you will go about 1.5 to 1.75 miles up to the end of the logging road. The first half a mile is between a 10-20% upgrade after that it is not too bad. At the turnaround at the end of the logging road at about eleven o’clock you will walk about 75’ to the crash site and memorial. The whole walk at a fair pace takes[​IMG] about forty minutes one way.

There isn’t a lot left of the wreckage, which has been pillaged by souvenir hunters. I took a picture of the twisted aluminum body still sitting at the site. Lee Anne said she heard the propeller to the plane was once hanging on a camp in Slate Run, a fact that needs further investigation.
    Wood1 and tjzondrz like this.
  14. navjetmech

navjetmech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Leaving in the morning.
    Wood1 and eddie bolted like this.
  15. Wood1

Oddometer:
    On my way 66D55AEE-EF44-4941-9B18-55FA1CC2DF99.jpeg 7425E0DA-3FE0-42F1-BB7E-89A83752E626.jpeg With a slight detour
  16. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Wood1 likes this.
  17. Wood1

Oddometer:
    I needed to make sure I had enough beverage to stay hydrated.
    scootac and navjetmech like this.
  18. navjetmech

navjetmech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    On my way. See ya around 4
    Wood1 likes this.
  19. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    On my way image.jpg
    YesRush and Wood1 like this.
  20. navjetmech