1. eNewsletter Sign Up

New 2018 750/850GS merged threadfest

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by GS-A-Day, Apr 12, 2017.

1. stinger17

stinger17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That shield is 18”. It comes with everything and mounts and looks exactly as is. You should go to their website. All the information you are asking is there.
  2. stinger17

stinger17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bike pictured is not lowered nor is the seat a low seat. The website explains how to measure your line of sight to determine what size windshield is right for you. It is actually not about total height per se but rather your eye level
    when seated.
  3. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has there been a discussion of tools people carry specific to these bikes yet? I searched the thread but didn’t see anything. Do these cover all the fasteners? I pretty much went around trying to stick a tool on everything and made a list.

12mm wrench
    17mm wrench
    12mm allen
    22mm allen
    34mm socket
    T25
    T30
    T40
    T45
    T55
    T60
  4. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone hooked up a GS-911 to the F850GS? Where's the plug on the bike? Has the software been updated for this bike? Thanks.
  5. dharmab

dharmab Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's what I'm carrying in my daily use toolkit right now: https://github.com/dharmab/bmw-f750gs-f850gs/blob/master/toolkit.md, however some of that is for aftermarket accessories. I've noticed that most of the fasteners on the bike are torx while aftermarket parts tend to use allen/hex.
    bikeymikey70 likes this.
  6. dharmab

dharmab Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    The plug is under the seat and it is an OBD2 connector NOT the old 10 Pin Round connector that BMW had been using. You must also have a WiFi GS-911 (Red) the old Yellow Blue Tooth will not work even with a 10 pin to OBD2 adapter cable that is available.
    morfic and JustBob like this.
  8. fozrunner

fozrunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at putting Skene photon blasters on the front of my F850GS, however Skene doesn't have the appropriate bracket or bolts listed. It looks like there are two bolts above the axle that I might use. I don't have access to my bike at the moment, does anyone have an idea about the specs for these bolts, or have installed Skene front lights?

Attached Files:

9. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    The updates are getting faster. BMW is working to reduce the time it takes to update TFT bikes. RR’s are taking about 40 minutes with TFT.
    SnoDrtRider likes this.
  10. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Now if the updates actually fixed the problems that would be something!
  11. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I will soon learn firsthand living with a modern BMW. My F850GSA left the warehouse yesterday, can’t wait. Now to sell El Tigre II.
  12. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    And if anyone is interested in the BMW rack for the BMW Aluminium cases just shoot me a message. They will be for sale as soon as it arrives.
  13. proeasy

proeasy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anybody changed out the counter shaft sprocket on a F850 with shift assist? Thinking of going down one tooth on the countershaft as I find low end launch in sand and muck wanting for a bit more and a little slower idle speed in 1 st or 2nd in tight stuff. Looks like at least 9 various fastener as well as the shift lever and shift assist piston.

Paul
  14. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just installed from Accessories International center stand on the wife's F750GS low, and part of the installation required removal of the shields and shift assist... I did mark the shaft before removing the shift assist... the removal of all of the parts was pretty easy...
    proeasy likes this.
  15. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well if anyone was wondering, there is such a thing as a GSA shipped w/o auxiliary LED lights. I now own it. Well Denali to the rescue and cheaper than dealer cost on the BMW auxiliary LED lights. I was just surprised when I noticed it didn’t have the lights putting it on my lift.
    DENALI Electronics likes this.
  16. DENALI Electronics

DENALI Electronics Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AdamChandler likes this.
  17. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    The auxillary lights are an option, but it seems few bikes are being ordered without them. If you are buying the bike new, then they should be the same price if factory or dealer installed. I specified what options and configuration I wanted on my GSA when I talked to the dealership. I left it up to them to figure out how to make that happen. They had three bikes in inventory, none of them were exactly how I wanted mine yet somehow they made one of them into what I asked for - no additonal cost.
    bobw likes this.
  18. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    DR1’s with amber lenses on the SW Motech mounts with GEN I controller. Sooo if you see an order to a dealership in San Antonio please get it here quick. Itching to mount them.
    bobw likes this.
  19. iamadventurous

iamadventurous Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a 2019 f750gs and am thinking about some heated gear. I know that the alternator on the bike is good for 416 W. I was wondering if anyone could let me know how much of this is left to use for gear once all systems are running (lights and all the other electric components on the bike). Also is the best way to run heated gear is to hook up directly to the battery? It comes with an accessory socket but I imagine that the fuse on that is good just for phone/gps charging. thanks. Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere (I did do a search but could find anything).
  20. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wife's 2019...bought in March now has 10,000 miles... she wears an older heated coat, bike also has two Clear lights on the front... no issues. The connection is directly to the battery (it is a two plug that we also use for the battery tender).
    bobw, iamadventurous and AdamChandler like this.