New 950 S!

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by JediBri, May 2, 2004.

1. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    Well, I picked up a 04 950 Adventure S (GO!!!!!!!) yesterday. I'm in love with the 950 all over again :evil

I met up with Woodsrider today and he snappd a few pics. I have yet to send/attach a pic on AdvRider, but here it goes...

Brian

Attached Files:

2. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    Here is a shot that shows Woodsrider's orange beauty...

Attached Files:

3. CroMag

CroMag Gelande Sauté It

Oddometer:
    Beauuuuuuutiful! :nod
  4. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    Does it say "STOP!!!!!!!!!" on the other side?! :lol3

Just kiddin' it's a beautiful bike- congrats!!!!! Now GO!!!!!!!!!! ride the shit out of it!
  5. PeeBee

PeeBee Giant leap for me!

Oddometer:
    Great bike, great pics. Why is this I'm living in country so flat???
  6. woodsrider

woodsrider .........................

Oddometer:
    Congratulations again -- the GO!!! machine is beautiful in person!! :thumb :evil
    Lynn
  7. Greg Minor

Greg Minor The Trespasser

Oddometer:
    Be sure to put several coats of wax on that beautiful tank before you ride it anymore so don't scratch it with your knees
  8. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    Will do! Thanks! I didn't even think about wax... I do want to look into plastic but wax seems to be a perfect solution.
  9. K2ride

K2ride Single track mind!

Oddometer:
    Congrats! :thumb

That is one good looking ride! :nod
    Then again, I`m a bit bias on the subject. :lol3

Stand proud of the GO!!!!, even when your own son sends you images such as this one kuz, once you`ll have riden together on thawing dirt roads, he`ll stop laughing just as you`ll start laughing &, believe you me, it won`t be about aesthetics! :wink:

The secret is having the riding intructions clearly written in big white leters on both sides of the bike not to mention that it also serves as a warning to riding buddys as to whom will laugh last! :oscar

Attached Files:

10. Greg Minor

Greg Minor The Trespasser

Oddometer:
    Here is a shot of my tank with the plastic on . It dulls the paint and does not look so well but It does save the paint I lost the one on the left side and just waxed the heck out of it and it has not scratched but I'm sure it would if I got mud or alot of dust between my legs and the tank

Attached Files:

11. Doug Matson

Doug Matson Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What happened to the "old" 950?
  12. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    I took the hit and traded it in :cry
  13. PeeBee

PeeBee Giant leap for me!

Oddometer:
    I've been reading this forum just long enough to not understand what this post is about: may I ask, JediBri, did you trade a 950 for a 950S? Or did you have a bad 950 first. Just curious...
  14. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I traded a 03 silver in for a 04 S. The S was the bike I really wanted when I bought the silver back in September...

The only real issue with my silver was that it's coolant foamed a bunch and turned black over time (???). I had a couple of issues due to dealer service errors but I never did find out what was causing my coolant to turn black (I didn't 'see' any oil in the coolant). It didn't start doing this until after the 600 mile service. I 'think' it was due to either a leaky head gasket or low grade coolant at the 600mi service.

Brian
  15. Craig Connor

Craig Connor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    JediBri
    Did you trade your silver 950 in or did you work out some sort of deal since you were having problems with your silver bike. I am just curious as I am having problems with my left case seal leaking oil onto the mag. Was fixed once but still leaks. KTM told the dealer that they needed to ad a coat of some sort of sealant around the seal. They also said that KTM had to replace a case on one bike that they couldn't get to seal. I also had problems with the gas tanks leaking. I have had the bike for almost three months and it has been in the shop for at least a month of this time. I am at the point you are in just get rid of the bike and get a new one..
  16. AntWare

AntWare Lost In Translation

Oddometer:
    Just curious on your reasoning mate, don't you find the extra seat height to be a bit of a nuisance in everyday use?

Anybody else want to chime in?

I'm thinking offroad, loaded with camping gear etc, that extra height could be a hindrance rather than a help in tight technical stuff.