New Adventure Helmet - Scorpion's EXO AT950 - Modular Adventure!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Y E T I, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    Should be a sticker stuck somewhere on the foam under the padded liner.
  2. Topher749

Topher749 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used my Breath Box for the first time last weekend. It worked great but I didn't like the way if felt. It was low on my nose and kind of pinched off my nostrils so it made it difficult to breathe. My try to mod it a bit.

Toph

Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  3. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    I've had my breath box installed for a couple weeks of commuting now. And had the exact same issue with it. I found that I had to spend quite a while adjusting the metal to fit my nose, and to press against my cheeks, so my nostrils weren't being squeezed or pressed upon. Now that it is adjusted better to fit my face, I hardly notice it.
    JagLite, Eatmore Mudd and Topher749 like this.
  4. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
    I run the breath box upper without the lower chin skirt alot. Stuck some Velcro on the snaps on the dangle straps and on the chin bar ans stuck to that to keep em outta the way.
  5. kumatae

kumatae Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone have issues with keeping the cheek pads nicely secured with a SENA 10SMH? I find that pads will not clip in fully because of the mount. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
  6. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
    No problems. I'll try and get some pics posted for ya this evening so you can see how mines working.
    kumatae likes this.
  7. Ridge

Ridge Faster than farm equipment... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had the SMH10R installed in mine since day one and have had zero issues.
    kumatae likes this.
  8. kumatae

kumatae Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would be much appreciated! I'll take a picture of mine as well.

9. Biddles

Biddles Suck it easy!

Oddometer:
    I'm more of a "Round Oval" guy, but I'm considering this modular because I've grown a beard and a regular full face helmet with a beard can be annoying to take off. The problem is I'm on a naked bike, so how does this handle airflow, and hows the wind noise?
  10. kumatae

kumatae Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The pad on the side where the Sena mount is very loose and I can’t get it to clip in the helmet no matter how much force I use. I have the speakers inside the pads though I might move them outside. Maybe I should try reinstalling?!

IMG_0455.jpg
  11. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
  12. JoToPe

JoToPe JoToPe

Oddometer:
    What’s the best price any of you have seen for this helmet?
  13. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought mine for $100. A dealer was closing out their Scorpion line.
  14. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
    They have any more ??
  15. loosesprocket

loosesprocket Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had this Helmet for a couple years and wear it year round, have a Shoei Neotec which is better in winter but heavier. I would like a pinlock shield and insert but $75 seems expensive. Whats your experience or opinion ?
  16. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    They ran out of stuff pretty fast. This was in August. For once things worked out in my direction, as I'd had my new Bell MX-9 destroyed in a head on collision a few months earlier and was on the hunt for a good ADV lid.
  17. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:

Scorpion has a double pane winter face shield aka visor for the AT 950 that we can buy as an accessory. Mine works pretty good. It comes standard on most snowmobile versions of this helmet. Different graphics and options and branding are the only differences when it's marketed in the Snowmobiles world.
  18. DMack_762

DMack_762 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've worn Scorpion Helmets since 2006/2007. This is my first modular lid. I just ordered two, for my wife and I, from RevZilla. XL for me, L for her. My question is not so much about the helmet, but about comms. I don't group ride, but I ride two up with my wife very often. What would be the best comms system for this helmet, for Music and intercom use? I'm not too worried about being able to connect with 30 other riders, just something that fits the helmet well, is water resistant (I'm in Florida and we get rained on a lot). Music is primary, phone and intercom with my passenger is next in the importance scale. Talking to other riders is not that much of a concern. Thanks a lot for the input, I read this thread in it's entirety. ~ Darren
  19. DMack_762

DMack_762 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered the Cardo Packtalk Bold Duo set for our helmets. I will update once the units arrive.
  20. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
    The best answer depends on what you prefer.
    We're rocking Sena SMH-10's because they're a good fit for us and they shrug off Seattle wether. They're the Honda Camry of comms in solid reliability, simplicity and ease of use. Intercom wise they rock but if you're an audiophile you probably won't love them because the music plumbed in through the Bluetooth or the aux jack won't be Bose high fidelity.