New Adventure Helmet - Scorpion's EXO AT950 - Modular Adventure!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Y E T I, Jun 1, 2016.

1. BTWilliam04

BTWilliam04 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the afx41 in XL. Ended up with XL in the AT950 as well which I was surprised about
  2. Bunce1260

Bunce1260 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I bought an ADX-1, the Euro version because I wanted white. It came with a better chin strap that's like a ratchet and a pin lock visor. Today was the first ride, through cold, fog, rain, and I am totally sold on pinlock, no fog. Brilliant. I had the helmet on for the best part of about 11 hours. I found that my jaw was aching pretty bad as it was being squeezed.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Would cheek pads from a bigger helmet work to give my normal sized jaw a bit more room?
    JagLite and Eatmore Mudd like this.
  3. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Smaller check pads may work. I'd contact the company and see what they recommend.

Could also remove them and put something heavy on them for a day or 3.

JagLite likes this.
  4. BTWilliam04

BTWilliam04 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't even know this existed , would have loved to have a ratchet strap, dang it
    JagLite likes this.
  5. Slowklr

Slowklr Attempting to fall in style

Oddometer:
    Anybody have issues with ventilation in this helmet? I tried loving it for the past year but I have to ride with the shield cracked to get decent airflow.
  6. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I had jaw pain in my e1 it was from the neck roll. A liner from a larger (designated) helmet let it sit lower on my head and fixed the problem.
  7. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    The cheek pads are changeable within the helmet shell family. In the medium helmet you can put thinner large cheek pads into the medium helmet medium pads in the large if you need more
    That's what I did, ordered the ( thinner ) cheek pads for the next size larger helmet and voila ! problem solved.

BTW two plus years in and I'm still liking this helmet.
    kojack06 and JagLite like this.
  8. JagLite

JagLite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My cheek pads felt real tight the first few times I wore my new AT.
    I looked into changing pads but after the first few rides I didn't notice the tight feeling anymore so I never changed them.
    I think the pads may have softened up some but it is probably mostly me getting used to a helmet that fits they way it should.
    It is good that various pads will interchange so we can get the helmet "just right" for our heads.

However...

Where you live I think the only hope is a helmet with built in A/C... :pep :knary

Does your bike have a windscreen?
    If so, that could be blocking the airflow.
    If not, well... The AT950 doesn't have as many vents as other helmets so it will not work as well. :hmmmmm

Maybe mount a small solar powered extraction fan on the top vent?

:hide
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  9. Slowklr

Slowklr Attempting to fall in style

Oddometer:
    I'll look into the air conditioning I was contemplating an xd4 helmet, I'm hoping that would have more ventilation.
    JagLite likes this.
  10. PaydayGabe

PaydayGabe It's never a DAMN tail wind !

Oddometer:
    I just received the AT950 in small/ Silver for the girlfriend. Hopefully she enjoys it once broken in.
    My last Scorpion modular was extremely comfortable. It served me well until the chin bar release broke.
    My next new helmet will be the AT950 also, in White. Currently I'm in a AGV Modular w/ the Ratcheting chin strap.
    I love that feature. I don't understand why more manufacturers use this. Ride safe everyone, G.
  11. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    Earlier in the thread some info was posted on the other brands this helmet is sold under in the snowmobile world.

What I'm saying is you've got lots of options on color schemes and accessories.
  12. PaulTim2000

PaulTim2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I ride the Stelvio, with it's windscreen, I find I tend to ride with the visor cracked as the chin vents don't do a lot for airflow. On the '72 Bonneville I find the airflow fine. Guess the 'still' air behind the windscreen has a major impact.
    JagLite likes this.