New Adventure Helmet - Scorpion's EXO AT950 - Modular Adventure!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Y E T I, Jun 1, 2016.

1. MikeCMP

MikeCMP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh, forgot to note. I have Scott OTG goggles. I could flip up the visor, and wear the goggles. I could even close the visor with the goggles on.

Just adding that in case anyone was curious.

Mike
    Y E T I and elcabong like this.
  2. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Plenty of room for my Sena speakers in this helmet. It is very snug for a large. If you are in between sizes on other helmets, you should consider the larger size.
  3. cardoctor1

cardoctor1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    went to revzilla today to try on the at950 helmet. my other helmet is a xl nolan 104 . to my surprise the xl scorpion was actually to big and unfortunately the size large was sold . guess ill order the large and see how it fits .. im surprised other companies arent jumping on the adv modular helmet bandwagon seems like an untouched market.
  4. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Been reading reviews (thanks yeti!) and videos of the AT950 and decided it was going to be my next lid. I've been wearing a Nolan N44 which I really love but I also just picked up a Sena 20s. The Nolan/Sena union would require major helmet surgery and I'm still not sure the boom mike would even fit well. Also I've had flip ups before and I've missed that convenience.

Looking at the webbikeworld review again last night and I see they're having one of their garage sale and lucky me...they have their reviewed AT950 for sale at a killer price. Thought a minute and grabbed it. I have a lg Exo-900 so hoping it fits simular. If not, look for it on the FM.
  5. helicrazyjared

helicrazyjared One can never have enough aircraft or motorcycles

Oddometer:
    I'm about to pull the trigger on an AT950 this weekend. Going to go through cycle gear, that way if I don't like it, I can return it. Plus they said if I order it from the store, not online, they will get two sizes for me to try out. I'm going nuts with the horrible wind noise and no ventilation on this crappy GMAX modular I have! Looking forward to hearing how you like the AT950!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  6. cardoctor1

cardoctor1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    has anybody looked at the caberg tourmax . yes i know its not dot which im not to worried about . would love to order the at950 but really would like more color choices and pinlock
  7. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    I have not. The AT-950 will be getting a Pinlock shield soon.
  8. helicrazyjared

Oddometer:
    I was looking at the Caberg (online), I'm not worried about the Dot or snell rating, as I rode with a novelty beanie helmet for years on the Harleys, but saw a lot of negative reviews about the chin bar being too close. The other thing is I can ride the AT950 from cycle gear and return it if I don't like it. Don't think I'll be able to do that with the caberg here in the US...

9. appliance57

appliance57 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For what it's worth, the Cabergs get very good Sharp ratings. No rating system really tests the chin area though, or modular hinge safety.
  10. Bad Dad

Bad Dad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They also have a 100% record of their system helmet chin guards staying locked and closed under testing impacts, and although the N44 is somewhat different to the other helmets that have been tested, it’s encouraging to see that the locking mechanism on its removable chin guard is all metal too.

http://billyscrashhelmets.co.uk/tag/flip-up-modular/

That said I just got My AT950 today, Hyper silver ordered from motorcyclegear.com. In the lower range of size large so thats what I ordered, little snug in the cheeks but all my helmets are, Shoei, Arai, Shark, and my other full face scorpion. Quality, finish, all looks good, heavy breathing produced no fogging, once again like my other Scorpion. I'll test ride it tomorrow! Just got done wearing it in front of the computer for over an hour, I think it's gonna be O.K.
    mbabc, Y E T I and helicrazyjared like this.
  11. Questor

Questor More Undestructable

Oddometer:
    I did a little product testing while competing in the 2016 Cycle World Adventure Rally Rockies Edition over the weekend.
    [​IMG]

We rode hard for two days and scored a victory.
    [​IMG]

:clap

Q~
    jvloyola, eddyturn, Y E T I and 3 others like this.
  12. jonnyquest264

jonnyquest264 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. MikeCMP

MikeCMP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just wish I could find an XL in stock somewhere in the high viz color.

Oh well......

Mike
  14. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I want a white one...
    TonyKZ1 and bisbonian like this.
  15. elcabong

elcabong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    According to ScorpionUSA, Pinlock shields for the AT-950 estimated availability is late August or September.
    Y E T I likes this.
  16. helicrazyjared

Oddometer:
    I'm picking my new helmet up in about an hour, had Cycle Gear order a small and a medium because I am somewhat between sizes. I have about a 400 mile trip planned for tomorrow to test it out, will give a small review here later. I can't wait to try it out!

17. Dennisb40

Dennisb40 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just received my helmet yesterday. Order a large since I wear a Shoei large. Fits perfectly. Love every feature of the helmet. Fit and finish is top notch. Noise level are acceptable. I have 2 complaints. The shield is not optically perfect like the Shoei. I wish the shield had more stop points for fine tuning opening. I like to ride with a small gap for air flow and this moved at 1 inch"ish" intervals.
    elcabong likes this.
  18. bisbonian

bisbonian Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm with you. I have no use for the colors which are available at this time.

I'll take a second look if Scorpion starts to make it in white.
    Thorazine likes this.
  19. Poweranger

Poweranger Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would have already ordered one if they had white. Just don't care for the few color options they have.
    Thorazine likes this.
  20. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    Anyone currently use the AGV AX-8 DS EVO helmet and can compare it to this new AT-950?