New Adventure Helmet - Scorpion's EXO AT950 - Modular Adventure!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Y E T I, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Xyphon112

Xyphon112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried an AT950 on in the store, but only for a little bit. It was comfortable, tight on the cheeks, but I don't honestly know how it fit for a long time. The problem I'm having with most intermediate oval shaped helmets is a hot spot above my forehead - Arai XD4 and the Shoei Hornet X2 have the same issue. Those of you with longer oval head shapes - how does this lid fit? Any comparison to the AGV AX9, Nexx XWED2, Bell MX-9 ADV or Klim Krios?
  2. David Crockett

David Crockett n00b

Oddometer:
    I have had my 950 for about 3 years now. Used it on a couple of long trips where I was in it all day. The comfort was as good as it should be for all day riding. The noise is a bit higher than I would like but I think that is part of the price paid with a modular. I love the peek visor. It’s great when heading into the Sun. The area in front of the mouth/chin is ample enough to not feel tight. Love the built in Sun Screen. Have used the helmet from 105 degree heat in Texas Humidity to near freezing rain in Colorado. Fogging up was not really and issue.
    JagLite likes this.
  3. Tundra Tom

Tundra Tom XLR8

Oddometer:
    Honestly most of the noise is from the Visor. I had to try it without. The “street” Helmet is the EXO1100 so the Visor stays on the ADV 950. Best bang for the buck IMHO.
    JagLite likes this.
  4. draco_1967

draco_1967 Spoon!

Oddometer:
    I have the same problem with the XD4 and the AT950. The Shoei seemed OK in the store, but the HJC DS-X1 and the Bell MX-9 ADV were both very comfortable. I had both on for about 20 min each in the shop back in December, and no hot spot. I ended up getting a Nexx X.WED2 though because it was so much lighter. If the Shoei gave you hot spot issues though, the Nexx probably won't work for you. Fit is similar.
    Of course YMMV...
  5. Xyphon112

Xyphon112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did try on the Bell MX-9 and it seems like a longer oval shape of the intermediate oval lids. I think the Bell would be my pick if it wasn't for the damn vents not being able to close. I ride in the rain and that's a deal breaker for me. The weird issue I had with the Nexx X.WED2 was that the size medium was pretty freakin big on me, but the Shoei is very snug in medium. I'm definitely between sizes on the XD-4, and I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat with the Nexx.