New Aprilia Tuareg is coming?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by gimpo, Oct 14, 2019.

1. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    I watched the video and it certainly looks as if the front is a proper 21" hoop. I like that. The subframe is a trellis unit, so that's good. High mount exhaust on the right side of the bike. The tires look like crappy 50/50 tires, but that's easily remedied. Front travel looks pretty good, too.

It also looks like a low-mount fender? If it were me, I'd swap to a high mount as soon as I could.

Man... what a time to be looking for a middleweight ADV bike! This Aprilia, the KTM 790, the Husqvarna 901 Norden concept, and the Ducati Desert X concept.
    dwenglis, Hamamelis and wheresbaoskee like this.
  2. dwenglis

dwenglis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    when are they supposed to unveil this bike?
  3. wheresbaoskee

wheresbaoskee Perpendicular to Everything

Oddometer:
    One of the Italian article I used Google translate upon had a comment of being revealed in "1 years time."

But fairly cumbersome to try finding that again on my phone.

The A&R article linked above speculates it'll be a 2021 model, so that tracks.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Always liked Aprilia's from an aesthetic standpoint, but I've no experience with them personally.
  4. dwenglis

dwenglis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wait..... so we don’t get to see what’s in the box behind the bushes???
  5. wheresbaoskee

Oddometer:
    Found the article I mentioned, translated link:

https://translate.google.com/transl...60-2020-prime-anticipazioni-eicma&prev=search

Excuse me while I prepare myself for the deluge of inevitable "What's In The Box!?!?!?!?!?!" memes about to take over this thread.... :jack
    dwenglis likes this.
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Hide the bike in a box with fake plants? :scratch
    Who comes up with this shit as a way to hype a bike?
    danketchpel and cyclopathic like this.
  7. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some Filipino blogger interviewed rep and he said 2021 model
    eakins likes this.
  8. wheresbaoskee

Oddometer:
    And yet, here we all are on the internet getting hyped about it, lol.

Looks like it worked. :lol3
    BobcatSig and eakins like this.
  9. pedronet

pedronet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Aprilia-Tuareg-Concept-Adventure-Bike-2021-5.jpg
    Aprilia Tuareg Concept Adventure Bike 2021 (2).jpg

This can be a beast!!
    Hope to see updates soon!

Attached Files:

10. Turre

Turre Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the idea of 660 engine platform was introduced in RS660 sport bike concept in 2018. The latest is that it will actually go to production. But there has not even been any journalist "1st impression" test rides yet. I guess it is possible that those happen early this year. And then the bike is available in Europe in summer.

the 2nd introduced bike was Tuono 660 in Eicma 2019 show. Available one year later? And the 3rd bike, Tuareg, year after that, in 2022? Or could Piaggio fasten the development. There sure seems to be demand in less than one liter ADV category.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  11. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm guessing there's alot of recycling going on so most likely it is essentially same bike with many common parts like G650X X-Country, X-Challenge and X-Moto were (which BTW were designed by Aprilia for BMW). So whatever they had in the box could have been a pre-production they just didn't wanna show off prematurely, had crude plastics or were not satisfied with styling.

If it is question of cosmetics and supply chain complete production bike at 2020 EICMA and Q2 is not out of reach. But I am from show me state will believe when I see it.
  12. DavidM1

DavidM1 Unicorn hunting

Oddometer:
    There should be plenty of power in a 660 Tuareg, since the RS660 has 100hp. MCN - "maybe it’ll be joined by a Caponord 660 in 2021 as well".
    Probably too much for me.
  13. BobcatSig

Oddometer:
    I still love the idea of this bike. Though for me, is the bike going to be an ADV-tourer that can do some dirt... or, a proper dirty ADV that can do some pavement miles. My guess is the former. I'd be stoked if it's the latter.

The ability to own a non-KTM, middleweight ADV bike for the dirt would be great. Mega bonus that it's an Aprilia!
  14. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know. Touareg single is a proper KLR/XT660Z type of dirt bike so Tuareg 660 = Italian T700?
    danketchpel and BobcatSig like this.
  15. redneckK20

redneckK20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really hope this is basically just a P-twin dirt bike.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  16. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    I don't think there is a real chance that it's a p-twin dirt bike. Not based on what you see in those pictures/clips and not based on what Aprilia has revealed. In Italian, they called this a street oriented big trailie (which is what this category was called in the 80's-90's), or what we call today an ADV-touring bike. It may (yet to be seen, of course) be as capable in the dirt as a T700 or 790A, but it's not meant to be a dirt bike.

Regardless of how well it does on dirt, Aprilia usually makes bikes that are good to ride, so I think it's a great additional option to what's in the market today.

Gustavo
  17. BobcatSig

Oddometer:
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. I didn't intend to mean that the Tuareg is a dirt bike. More it's a big dirt bike that's good on the pavement and highway, not unlike the 790 ADV R.

To quantify that; a mid or low 400-pound bike with plenty of suspension travel, and a 21"/18" wheel set-up. The parallel-twin should make for a decent highway engine and be plenty off the tarmac. Ergo, a big dirty ADV bike that can do highway no problem.
    srelegante likes this.
  18. srelegante

srelegante srelegante Supporter

Oddometer:
    Totally stoked about this bike.

Then I begin to consider Aprilia's dealer network and warranty reputation here in the states and my excitement wanes. I have not owned an Ape in years-anyone have more current warranty claims experiences?

I am sure it will be rocking bike, can't wait for a look-see. :beer
    cyclopathic likes this.
  19. BobcatSig

Oddometer:
    I do. I bought a 2016 Tuono in 2017 as a left-over. Nary a problem with it during my ownership and it's much higher strung bike.

The issue will more be service. For me, the local dealer finally shuttered. The closest Aprilia dealer is way the eff up in Seattle. No way I'm trucking my bike up there for a valve. Otherwise, parts from AF1 is no issue.
    srelegante likes this.
  20. srelegante

srelegante srelegante Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same situation here. Fortunate enough to have two to pick from-each 2-4 hours away.