New Aprilia Tuareg is coming?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by gimpo, Oct 14, 2019.

1. jay dub

jay dub dudeman

Oddometer:
    If you need Aprilia service in Eugene-I'm really good friends w/ the head mechanic of the recent dealership that closed here locally. He works out of his garage now and has all the tools and pads for diagnostic work. He rides a souped up TV4, and is the only guy I let touch my Aprilia's.

Message me if you'd like his info.
    danketchpel and BobcatSig like this.
  2. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer:
    This kinda looks like a finished product pic from Aprilia. Hope it is.

[​IMG]
    mantan, aftCG, BobcatSig and 2 others like this.
  3. gimpo

gimpo Guzzi, what else?

Oddometer:
    Mmmh... seems a photoshop artifact. But I could be wrong.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  4. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:
    I blew that picture up a ton, and if it's a photochop, it's a good one. The small details like the space in the sump guard for the pipes, no lines ending in space, etc. I hope this is it. It looks terrific.
  5. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:
    goddammit!
  6. gimpo

gimpo Guzzi, what else?

Oddometer:
    Confirmed. It is a photoshop artifact from the french motostation.com website:
    "Cette Aprilia Tuareg 660 est un photomontage"
    https://moto-station.com/moto-revue...a-tuareg-660-arrivera-t-elle-trop-tard/472632

The article was wrote to grab attention about the Tuareg 660. Unfortunately, because of the COVID-19, nobody knows exactly what plans have now Aprilia.
    I still think that the Tuareg will be produced in any case. They invested a lot of money in this model, and it would be an incredible capital loss if they cancel the program.
    pennswoodsed likes this.
  7. motomoda

motomoda Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I were ten years younger I'd be all over it, or a Tuono, like a rash. It fills me with great sorrow that Aprilia may get the honour of having the interesting, modern, designs while Guzzi is condemned to producing uninspiring rubbish like the V85.
    joe cool likes this.
  8. gimpo

gimpo Guzzi, what else?

Oddometer:
    The problem of Aprilia and Guzzi is the management from Piaggio: they are constrained to move extremely slow on the market.
    Piaggio management is focused on scooters, that is the market segment where they make (a lot of) money. For many years they considered Guzzi and Piaggio just like an accessory of their company... :(

Anyway, I would not consider the V85TT as rubbish stuff. I was talking with many owners and they are enthusiast.
    I tested it and I was absolutely impressed. The overall quality is nice and the engine is damn good: absolutely smooth. After one kilometer I thought myself: "damn! it seems an Honda, not a Guzzi!" :rofl
    The V85TT is the new Honda Transalp, i.e. the bike good for everything. In Guzzi they work even on Saturday because they are full of orders and cannot satisfy all the requests.

The situation of the COVID-19 made things difficult in Italy for almost two months. Production has been completely stopped because of the iron-rules emitted from the italian government to fight the virus.
    BobcatSig and danketchpel like this.
  9. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:
    I would bet we'll get a full look at it at EICMA this year, but I would also bet it won't roll out til mid to late 22.
  10. motomoda

motomoda Long timer

Oddometer:
    The prosecution rests yer 'onor.

It's a bloody bloody Transalp with a Guzzi badge. It's the same as the current crop of 'Jaguars' and 'MG's' from India and 'Benellis' from China. It's a characterless turd that doesn't 'Perform' on any level and people love it!

That's fine. It's what most people seem to want and it will be a huge commercial success which I'm glad of and applaud. But it will lead a once great name further down the road of flaccid conformity and ubiquitous dullness.

YOMV but I am equally entitled to mine.
  11. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:
    I was really hoping the V85 was going to be like the teased Aprilia Tuareg. I was very disappointed that it's basically a less capable version of the Stelvio. I rode it. I wanted to love it, but it really didn't speak to me on any level. The fueling was really nice, but that was about it for me. It's not the bike the Stelvio is, that's for sure.

Fingers crossed that Piaggio doesn't fuck up this Tuareg too. They have an opportunity to have a real competitor in that segment with that awesome 660 motor.

btw gimpo, love the windscreen mount I got from you!
  12. Bovino

Bovino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Talk about a biased opinion:rofl
    Either ways, as I am bike shopping I keep looking for 85's in Germany. Plenty of 2020 models for 10k EUR or even tad under - with some room to haggle. That's a good 20% off the list price. Given the current situation it should be quite the opposite really. Still it is a lot of lot of nice bike for the money, my 701 was about there. It also tells you something about the future value of it, they will be hard to get rid off.
  13. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    If you look closely, that's a T7 with Aprilia livery. Actually, if that is what they make, an Aprilia tuned and suspended T7, it would be the best bike they ever made... :deal

Gustavo
    breakm, DavidM1, danketchpel and 2 others like this.
  14. motomoda

motomoda Long timer

Oddometer:
    The clutch pull is magnificent too Doug. Pity that the suspension is woeful rubbish and it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

As for the Tuareg? Aprilia motors are usually a joy to work on.....on the bench! The problem is that they're often damn near impossible to work on in the frame. At least without taking off dozens of fiddle little parts and then there's the requirement to have hands so tiny they'd make Donald Trump look like Popeye!
  15. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's a good thing you don't have BMW G650X
  16. motomoda

motomoda Long timer

Oddometer:
    No I don't. And I know nothing about them. Are they notoriously difficult to work on?
  17. AUSTIN_221

AUSTIN_221 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I noticed that too, the Tenere 700 front fender looked familiar but funny enough whoever made the photoshop used a Dorsoduro rear tail section/seat/ and tail light which suprisngly kind of looks good from that angle but would be way too wide as it has underseat exhaust, sadly I just sold my dorsoduro, which honestly that frame and motor isnt all too far off of being able to have made a ADV type of bike or maybe even something closer to a FJ-09 from the bones of it.
  18. Pcfly

Pcfly Dude?! Seriously?? Supporter

Oddometer:
  19. DavidM1

DavidM1 Unicorn hunting

Oddometer:
    I hope this is at least 10kg lighter than the T700.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  20. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    upload_2020-9-28_10-32-38.png
    That is some huge a$$ exhaust...