1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

New F750GS owner with a question about Ride Modes

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by PSYOP SGM, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Kwafo

Kwafo Two wheeler

Oddometer:
    hahah like, it should be possible to wheelie with traction control off. but even then, it seems easier in enduro pro mode
  2. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I've made a couple half-hearted attempts with no results, and wondered about this!
    I will have to play with different modes...
  3. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am assuming that there is no wheelie control in enduro pro is so you can lift the wheel over obstacles.
  4. Kwafo

Kwafo Two wheeler

Oddometer:
    Indeed
  5. Wrastler

Wrastler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like Dynamic mode for spirited riding, but Road for highway - softer ride. I was never sold on ride modes in the past on my F800GT because they all felt the same, but the ride modes on the F750GS actually work.
    Kwafo likes this.
  6. RSDA

RSDA 2019 F 750 GS

Oddometer:
    Another important difference with Dynamic mode (besides throttle response, exhaust note, and suspension)—perhaps the most important difference:

It takes more to activate ABS and traction control. Or, in BWM-speak, ABS and traction control engage at "high coefficients of friction" rather than "all coefficients of friction" in the other modes. For ABS, this means "late control" and "reduced rear wheel lift-off assistant." For traction control: "support reduced" and "reduced front wheel lift-off assistant."

Translation: allows ever-so-slightly more hooliganism?

All explained in this crystal-clear chart:

https://www.revzilla.com/blog_content_image/image/54776/Screen_Shot_2018-11-01_at_10.30.40_AM.png

Definitely useful info for new riders. Personally, I wish I could get the nice exhaust burble/pop of Dynamic mode but with the better ABS/traction control protection of Road. It's too bad there isn't a Custom setting where you can adjust these settings individually.
    PSYOP SGM likes this.
  7. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    "All explained in this crystal-clear chart:"

HAHAHAHAHA!
    But, new riders won't have "high coefficients of friction"...

" Personally, I wish I could get the nice exhaust burble/pop of Dynamic mode but with the better ABS/traction control protection of Road."

Put a pass thru pipe in place of the collector box! You'll get lots more sound of all kinds. In any mode you want.
  8. Kwafo

Kwafo Two wheeler

Oddometer:

Indeed, but that said, BMW modes are well balanced.
  9. rcb78

rcb78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's too bad, on the new 900 models there is a Dynamic Pro mode that does just that. I get to customize throttle response, DTC and ABS independent of each other. I do exactly what you mentioned, increase throttle response and keep DTC and ABS on the road setting.