new for 2020 Klim Carlsbad jacket

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by motoinmoab, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Rock709

Rock709 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My previous jacket was the Klim Overland in XL. I just bought a 2020 Klim Carlsbad in XL, and the fit is practically the same, maybe a tiny tiny bit bigger, or just fits a bit better. The sleeves are a bit more loose, and has awesome vents on the forearms! And has orange trim :super
  2. CoatsEast

CoatsEast 1999 R1100GS, 2007 G650X

Oddometer:
    So love love the suit. But if you order the large jacket, know that the sleeves are long. I'd say 34/35. with my 33 arm length, its almost impossible to pull them up and get the wrist zips fully closed. Unfortunate. Pants are perfect. I may try to return and try a medium but prob will keep as the medium will not allow as much layering as I'd like.
  3. motoinmoab

motoinmoab Questioning Reality Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am in the same situation as you. The sleeves are too long, my previous model was perfect. But going down one size won't leave me enough room for comfortable cold weather layering around my chest and belly. The new for 2020 Carlsbad jacket is definitely a little bit larger everywhere and it fits me better thru the body. But to many posters here it seems like they went too far on the sleeves?

If you've got looong arms this is your coat! -said the guy with T-Rex arms...
  4. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    So.... Does anyone with the jacket also have the connecting zip face the inside? I didn't catch this until much later since I was lazy about sewing, but this requires you to pull across the inside of the jacket which is kind of annoying, especially to unzip.

Every other brand I've had has it the other way around. IMG_20200426_084343.jpg
  5. ShaftEd

ShaftEd Long timer

Oddometer:
    That’s got to be a mfg error. I have the older model Carlsbad and pull is on outside. They would not do that on purpose.
  6. GotMojo

GotMojo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine is like that as well. My latitude is on the outside.
  7. The Smokester

The Smokester n00b

Oddometer:
    I discovered this, too. Klim screwed up on this. Actually, the pair I discovered had the zipper in backwards, in the sense that the jacket and the pants faced opposite directions when zipped together. Every Carlsbad pant in the store was screwed up!