New Garman GPS loadable Baja vector map.

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by LarryB, Jan 19, 2005.

1. LarryB

LarryB Baja GPS Maps, LBMaps.com

Oddometer:
    I have an early version of the Baja Garmin GPS base map I am continuing to developing for www.LBMaps.com At this point I and am asking if anyone would be willing to take a look at it and give me feedback. It self installs automatically to MapSource and then can be loaded to mapping Garmin GPS's. Since the Mexican government doesn't seem to have the quality of geographical date that the US does it is much more difficult to come up with a decent map. Some areas are very light on detail and it is no where near what Garmin offers for the US but it's a start. At this point there is no search or autorouting. I'm only aware of one other GPS map of Mexico and it is quite feeble.

Anyway, I've been given the OK to send out 10 evaluation copies for free. If you can help me by giving me feedback as to what you think needs improvement, email me at info@gps4baja.com and I'll send you a .exe file that will install this map into your MapSource. Uninstall is just as easy, no worries. If anyone plans to be riding in Baja over the next few months I would sure appreciate some tracklogs too. This way I can verify accuracy.

All feedback appreciated!

[​IMG]
  2. johnlt

johnlt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds great. Sure wish you'd do one for the Copper Canyon area. I know there would be a lot of takers.
  3. Steelhead

Steelhead It's all good

Oddometer:
    Great sign me up!!!!!
    Late Feb. I'm starting a months ride through all of Baja (mainly offroad), then ferrying over to Mexico mainland via La Paz. We are then riding back north through the Copper Canyon area and further north along the Sea of Cortez coast line back to Puerto Penasco and on back into the US at Tecate.
    I have a GPSMap 76CS and happy to provide you tracks of the trip in trade for a little help loading the maps and trouble shooting should the need arise.

I will also email you at the provided address.

BTW: looks like a nice map.
  4. desmoss

desmoss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    5 of us will be heading down the Baja in mid March, would love to try your maps out!
  5. LarryB

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the responses. I emailed out maps to those that sent me their addresses. Let me know if you have problems installing. It should be real simple.

I too will soon be leaving for Baja. On the 30th of this month I'll be driving down and flying back on Mar 3rd. I have a friend in Los Barriles that will trailer my WR450 back north in May. If anyone will be in the East Cape area in Feb, let me know and we can have a Corona or two.
    :freaky

I'll have email so keep me posted on how the maps work.
    Cheers!:D
  6. Steelhead

Steelhead It's all good

Oddometer:
    Just loaded my Baja map and they are great!!!!
    Muchos gracias Senior. :clap

Planning to be in the La Paz area early March so maybe that Corona is in order? Will get the Baja tracks back to you upon my return in April. :thumb
  7. terry.mc

terry.mc Stop ruining my vacation

Oddometer:
    I'm interested and heading to Baja in Feb.

PM sent!

Thanks!

Terry
  8. LarryB

Oddometer:
    OK, that's 10. Sorry if you didn't get one but we can only give away so many. If we decide we need more help I will post here first.

Thanks to all!:thumb
  9. wetworker

wetworker Prone to Wandering

Oddometer:
    Greetings: I am headed down to Baja on Feb 11 and crossing over to mazatlan and going up to El Fuerte and through to Copper Canyon after that. I was down in Baja last year and would love to be able to play with your map. I'm prety good with GPS and can probably give reasonable feedback.
    Thx Bill