New Helite Vests and Jackets

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ErikMotoMan, Feb 1, 2017.

1. helitemoto

helitemoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all

The US leg of this MotoGP season is happening next month (April) and we're going to be there. If you're in the area or if you are planning on seeing the races, stop by the vendor village and say Hi!

We'll be doing deployments and probably have a ton of schwag to giveaway. We'll have special discounts available as well, but you have to be there to take advantage of them!

Tickets are available here: https://www.americas-moto-gp.com/en...MIy4DR09Tx2QIVhWx-Ch3kCwA9EAAYAiAAEgLzKPD_BwE

See you at the track!
    MotoGP Austin 2018.jpg
  2. tmark1301cc

tmark1301cc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My wife and I will be there, and will stop by and say hello. What is the code word?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  3. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    No code word. Just come say HI and you'll know what deals we've got then!
  4. ErikMotoMan

ErikMotoMan Airbag crash survivor!

Oddometer:
    In Motorcycle Heaven since 1990 - So Cal!
    This weekend I will be celebrating the 1 year anniversary of my almost fatal accident. Thanks to Helite I survived! IMG_6548.JPG

I would ask all Helite users/survivors to take this opportunity to help spread the word!
    SmittyBlackstone, Uke and Liberator like this.
  5. Liberator

Liberator Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As a commuter in the Northern VA area (outside DC) the above is my personal nightmare. Vest ordered! At no extra charge I also get some spouse peace of mind. :)
  6. Liberator

Liberator Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is that grey pretty much the same color as the ADV jackets you sell?
  7. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, the Helitemoto website shows a new adventure jacket (black only). What are the differences between it and the "Previous version A" jackets. It would be nice if the website would elucidate the changes.

Still happy with the Turtle, but never know when I'll be needing a new jacket.

- Marty
  8. Dirtdogie

Dirtdogie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Recovering?...I read a few of your post, and I also saw your crash. Was it not you the guy rear ended on the 405 in so-cal? I thought you walked away without injuries due to the Helite? I fear rear end crashes sense the lost of Nicky Hayden. I just like to know; weren't you the guy hit from the rear?... didn't you say Helite did its job?
    We know the digital airbag vest will respond in time to save us in a rear end crash. But we know little about lanyard airbag vest having the same abilities to protect us from side or rear end collisions. We understand a crash that separates us from our bikes the lanyard systems work well. Not so well in T-bone crashes or immediate contact crashes where the cyclist hasn't been thrown free.

In the event of a rear end crash, most riders will quickly meet the windshield of a car like Nicky Hayden (but I'm sure Hayden wasn't sporting a full face helmet nor a Helite). So I ask was your mechanical airbag vest fast enough to give protection (meeting the windshield) in your rear end crash, or were you tossed free to the ground?

I understand at 50mph no airbag jacket is can effectively deploy fast enough (lanyard or even a digital systems) to save a life. But how about at city speeds of 29mph?...and if you could; could you please tell us, about how fast you were hit.

I see most describers of their crashes leave out this most important facts. Yes; speed and angle they hit or involved in their crashes.

Note: "I was traveling about 80mph when I lost control of my car and hit the brick wall." I've herd too many exaggerations like the aforementioned... so most of the times I shut my ears off when I hear foolish folk talk.

What actually happen was, he was traveling about 60mph. Lost control. Slammed on his brakes, and by time he hit the wall he traveling 20mph. If you decide to describe your event in detail please please be as honest as possible. Basically I just need to know, what object did you first come in contact with...I know the motor bike's first contact. Thanks!
  9. jolly green giant

jolly green giant biggles

Oddometer:
    I've been riding with a Helite vest for the past 2 years and actually used it a couple of weeks ago in Sicily while riding along a rural road which was covered with a film of clay. Was not going very fast, lost traction at the rear and the bike went down. Helite vest inflated instantly and I did not suffer any injuries.

As you can imagine riding in summer in the central mediterranean region is a challenge of sorts in view of the high temperatures. Wearing a hi-viz Helite does not help ventilation, but l it is amazing how many drivers actually see me on the road and what a reassurance it is in having a safety vest at the ready should I have to use it.

I'm 6'7" so I bought the Large XLong size which is somewhat heavier than the regular size due to a larger CO2 bottle.
    Uke, AdvRich and helitemoto like this.
  10. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    So glad to hear you were wearing your Helite out there! Keep riding safe!
  11. KingOfFleece

KingOfFleece SplitWeight(tm) waterproof seat covers Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use the vest. Like it.
    You folks need some better colors, though. Black jackets? How about some much more neutral in color with a FEW hi viz highlights? Not stealth and not an electric billboard but in between.
    SmittyBlackstone and Uke like this.
  12. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    Hi King

I agree. I pass all feedback back to Helite HQ when I get it from you all in the forums. If we start offering hi viz accents in our products, you'll definitely see it here first!

Thank you for wearing Helite airbag protection in the meantime despite only having the darker color options!
  13. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My girlfriend and I just bought two turtle vests and I was wondering what's the right spot to anchor the cord for the rear passenger? Any part of the subframe from either side works fine? Under the seat?
  14. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    Hi Ocho

You can secure the passenger lanyard to a sissy bar or under the seat on a sturdy part of the subframe. For optimal installation make sure the passenger's lanyard is taught when they are standing/elevated on the passenger pegs.

In fact, what make and model is the bike. I may be able to give specific recommendations for the lanyard installation.
  15. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    Hey all

Wanted to bump this thread and give a heads up that everything on helitemoto.com is 15% until the end of the year. As well, use the code SENDIT and you'll get free shipping.

The sale is not compatible with your forum discount.

if you have any questions please don't hesitate to follow up with me directly - zak@helitemoto.com
  16. GotFog

GotFog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    After a season of riding, my Hi-Viz Turtle is kind of grungy. It needs a deep cleaning.

Any suggestions out there as to what really works well?
    helitemoto likes this.
  17. Uke

Uke visualist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't laugh, I've used windex to clean a couple of grease spots on my Hi-Viz Turtle vest.
    GotFog likes this.
  18. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had a couple of friends hose me off at a carwash in Anchorage. Got it a lot lighter and cleaner.

At home, I've used Campsuds or dish detergent and a wet sponge. I've thought about but haven't tried Simple Green.
    GotFog and Uke like this.
  19. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    Simple Green and a scrub brush works! It works the best. I have had plenty of riders ask this question and every time once they attempt a deep clean with Simple Green are impressed.

Let me know how it goes.
    GotFog and Uke like this.
  20. GotFog

GotFog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've tried a couple of different things but I haven't tried Simple Green yet I'll give it a shot in another five or six days thanks for the information everybody
    helitemoto likes this.