New Helite Vests and Jackets

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ErikMotoMan, Feb 1, 2017.

1. jules083

jules083 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That sucks.

I’m still on the fence to be honest. I generally switch between my Aerostich for commuting or my Klim jacket/pants if I’m just riding all day. So either way I’m generally decently protected.
  2. Uke

Uke visualist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The addition of the airbag vest or jacket with integral airbag is a whole order of magnitude greater protection than without.

My Helite Turtle vest over my armored mesh jacket is my essential warm weather gear and my Helite Touring Jacket is my essential cool / cold weather gear. I will not mount my bike without one or the other.

Read the testimonial and see his video of the rider striking a deer at night, seeing is believing.
    AZQKR and jules083 like this.
  3. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I concur, when I get mine it will be utilized with a mesh armored jacket with the back panel removed whenever I ride. Colder weather, same set up on the outside of my Olympia Ranger jacket with thermal liner. I may entertain getting the Helite turtle jacket next year.
  4. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Started a conversation with you on this.
  5. helitemoto

helitemoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the head's up Jules

We updated our site and I think the code was disabled after making the changes on the backend. I re-enabled the code just now!

That being said we have another discount happening this weekend for MotoGP.

Use the code MOTOGP when checking out and you'll get a show-level discount on your entire order at www.helitemoto.com

Let me know if you have any questions!
    jules083 and AZQKR like this.
  6. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    MOTOGP2019 DISCOUNT.jpg

Contact us directly with any questions.
  7. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    What the discount? A % of order?
  8. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    It is! However you need to head over to www.helitemoto.com and input the discount code to find out how much of as discount.
    AZQKR likes this.
  9. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    thank you.
  10. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up everyone. We're blowing out 3XL and 4XL Helite Adventure jackets of the original design in black for $525, shipping included (domestically inside the US)

Reach out to us directly at zak@helitemoto.com for more information.

Thanks
    [​IMG]
  11. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Need an update on the turtle 2 hi viz vest being available. I ordered and paid for mine 4/3 with the caveat it would be two weeks before the hi viz were in and ready to ship. Called two weeks later as no word through email when it was shipping and told it might be another two weeks. Now tomorrow is 4 weeks and still no word on the turtle 2 hi viz ship dates.

Someone should be able to give us an eta on these and not just the "it'll be another two weeks". Helite should be able to give a firm date on shipping/availability. I've got a trip planned that I've put off now for a few weeks waiting on this product.

Please check with the makers and get back to us who have ordered and paid for the vest on when we can expect delivery.I want to ride with the vest on this trip, not have it delivered while I'm away.

Thank you.
    Uke likes this.
  12. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    Hi AZQKR

Sorry for the delay. The Turtle 2 is not going to officially be released until June and for those who contact us directly they can get it a little sooner. There was an issue with the sea freight shipment which has extended ETA from ~ April 20th to May 10th. Again, sorry for the delay but shipping is not always as straightforward.

As soon as the Hi Viz vests arrive they will ship to you. That means that when they arrive on the 10th, they will ship that same day.

If you need to change your order, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly - zak@helitemoto.com
    AZQKR likes this.
  13. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    That date works fine for me, I look forward to getting in the next couple of weeks, now I can plan the trip for somewhere around May 15th or so/

Thanks for the heads up.
  14. HunSolo

HunSolo Mad Monk Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is the mesh jacket available or going to be available in hi-viz?
  15. Quest01

Quest01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in Helite turtle 2.
    The question is whether you only wear Helite, or an additional back protector inserted in or under the jacket. Now I'm wearing Forcefield PRO L2K dynamic back protector. Is Helita turtle enough protection that I no longer need to wear a Forcefield back protector?
  16. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Helite has a back protector. Unless you want two back protectors, the Helite alone is fine.
    helitemoto, Uke, AZQKR and 1 other person like this.
  17. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    I pulled the D3O protector out of my FirstGear jacket. Made it lighter and more flexible and I saw no advantages to having redundant back protectors.
    AZQKR and Quest01 like this.
  18. Patek

Patek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any forum specials on the Turtle II?
  19. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was informed that they suggest if your jacket has a back protector to remove it. I've removed my back D3 armor from 3 jackets. The armor is unnecessary, adds weight and bulk.
  20. helitemoto

Oddometer:
    Patek!

That's a great question. We provide a 10% discount to all forum members for orders made at Helitemoto.com by using the forum code ADV when checking out.

However, reach out to me directly and I can try and hook you all up a little more. But you need to reach out to us directly - zak@helitemoto.com