New Helite Vests and Jackets

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ErikMotoMan, Feb 1, 2017.

1. helitemoto

helitemoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AZ

Yes. If you have a one of our vests, you can remove the back protector in the jacket. Keeping it in the jacket while using our SAS-Tec back protector will only add weight. It won't add any significant protection.
    AZQKR likes this.
  2. Uke

Uke visualist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not this rider. I have actually used my Turtle Vest as it was designed (and gratefully deployed), I would not remove one bit of armor from my gear, in fact, I wished my then jacket had better shoulder and elbow armor. I willingly lived with the sprained thumb and scrapes to my elbows when the elbow armor shifted, given the lack of trauma to my body's trunk, legs and head. As such I can accept the torn rotator cuff, repair surgery and subsequent P.T. My bike probably faired better than me as I rode it 225 miles home after the get-off. It was road-ready again long before me.

I'm convinced I walked (and rode) away from the incident due to my Turtle Vest as well as the rest of my ATGATT. My replacement jacket has back armor, never will I consider removing it.

PS: I've also added a Helite Touring Jacket for anticipated journeys to cooler areas than coastal Texas.
    C330F, Carlisja, helitemoto and 2 others like this.
  3. Patek

Patek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! The problem is that Helite does not have the Turtle II on their site--you have to go to Revzilla or some other site to buy it.
  4. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    No sir, reach out to Zak as I suggested in a PM to you. I ordered mine directly from him [ turtle 2 hi viz ].
    helitemoto and Uke like this.
  5. helitemoto

helitemoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What AZ said.

We had an initial run of Turtle 2 vests however they sold out very quickly. Receiving another shipment sometime late next week. That means if you want to order a Turtle 2 reach out directly and we can get you taken care of!
    Starstruck, Patek and AZQKR like this.
  6. B.R.

B.R. Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. DMack_762

DMack_762 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am a dedicated, daily wearer or the Turtle Hi Viz vest. What (if any) are the significant changes / differences / improvements of the Turtle 2 vs Turtle 1?
  8. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    The difference I see from the Turtle to Turtle 2 is the CO2 and connection is protected from the weather enclosed in a velcro "pocket" for a better word. I have the turtle 2 hi viz and wear it as ATGATT
    DMack_762 likes this.
  9. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    This is my Turtle Vest... Don't know if it's a 1 or a 2. I also wear it every single day. Eidt to add... I just looked at the new Turtle 2. I can tell that I have a version 1 by the way my CO2 Canister is attached. Awesome product! 3DB17EED-85CD-4C4C-AB4E-588FBB04FFCD_jpeg.jpg
  10. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not the turtle 2, your CO2 is showing :D
    Liberator and DMack_762 like this.
  11. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Viz vs Black....

I wear a Hi Viz jacket and ordered a Black Turtle II due to aesthetics, primarily fading and bugs. How is High Viz been holding up after lots of time in the sun?
    AZQKR likes this.
  12. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think if my hi viz fades, it'll then be a black turtle 2 :D. I'm thinking of picking up their jacket next.
  13. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    55576230_727380550992767_6563586188731482112_n.jpg I wear mine every day, going on about seven months now... almost 10k miles. I live in Florida and commute daily, so it sees the sun at least five days a week. I can tell no fading, or discoloration. It's holding up very well.
    Uke likes this.
  14. djakefry

djakefry n00b

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a Hi-viz as I ride with black leathers once the weather cools. And in the Pacific NW it gets dark early.

I also just picked up a new 2019 1250gs - I've only had a few rides as I just just got the bike - I absolutely love it - Not only is it my first gs but it the first time I've had a bike that not over 20 years old. ( my past bikes r90s and 1100s ) . This said My question is where have usesr found to be the best location to anchor the lanyard?

I am assuming one would only need to extend the length of lanyard if you go off-road and need to shift to standing posture.
  15. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I anchored it under the seat on a frame tube on the right side. I just make sure the lanyard is centered when I put the seat back.
    DMack_762 likes this.
  16. djakefry

djakefry n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks - Are there any thoughts/ experience you had around using it when you are in a standing position, Do you need to extend the Lanyard?
  17. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    I have mine teathered / attached to the frame on the right side, just where the front of my seat rides. I have mine adjusted so it's tight when I stand. Not so tight I can't move, but where the elastic is almost fully extended.
  18. djakefry

djakefry n00b

Oddometer:
    great info thanks
    DMack_762 likes this.
  19. abramsgunner

abramsgunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a Turtle 1 from the discount section in boring grey :D

Hi-Viz and Black are only available in small size, and the orange was just too much for me...LOL

My Stitch is dark blue with grey trim so the grey should work just fine, and my summer mesh jacket is already Hi-Viz but my pants are grey, so maybe they won't ban me from Starbucks.
  20. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    If I could wear a 100% Hi Viz suit, I would. Especially daily commuting in my area...
    LAFS, abramsgunner and Uke like this.