new helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GS Jonny, Dec 13, 2002.

1. GS Jonny

GS Jonny Killer Bee

Oddometer:
    I went to a local dealer and tried on a few helmets. The only one that fit right was the Shoei RF-900. Their price was $350 for the solid color so I thought I might check online. I found a site offering it as a closeout for $229.95
    http://www.mps-shop.com/motoxtreme/default.asp?mscssid=DUMMYN7H359J8HE5L7E9G5XMF5JECU3F
    I also found a site offering to beat any competitor's price. (the helmet shop)
    http://www.helmetshop.com/index.asp?CartId=6625-ACCWARE-959FSCRE119
    The saleswoman gave me an attitude about wanting her to honor their claim to beat any price but she honored it anyway and I got the helmet for $229.95 + $8 for shipping. The helmet shipped late so they sent it out next day air at no extra cost, which was a nice surprise. The helmet came today in great shape. Good site I give this it 4 smileys :): :): :): :):

John
  2. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    My wife has ordered a couple of lids from helmetshop.com, and they are the best. Not being able to order an Arai from them sucks.

Jon
  3. AJ2

AJ2 Master of the Universe

Oddometer:
    It's going to be a bummer when your local shop goes out of business 'cuz of slow sales. How're you going to try on helmets then?
  4. GS Jonny

GS Jonny Killer Bee

Oddometer:
    I really wanted to buy from the local shop. If they were at all competitive I would have. I refuse to pay $120 to try on a helmet though. If they go out of business for slow sales people will still find a way to get the helmet that they want at a fair price. There will always be someone willing to provide a service that people need.

For instance, if all the local shops went out of business because they couldn't compete with the internet someone could open a shop that would fit you with the perfect helmet for a small fee $10 or $15. Then if you bought the helmet there they would discount that off of the price.

Would you have paid $120 extra for the helmet to subsidize the local shop? Maybe we need a poll on this topic :):

John
  5. Chopperman

Chopperman I am dead

Oddometer:
    Crapweasels suck.
  6. ChicagoF650GS

ChicagoF650GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, but I would have said, " I REALLY WANT to buy from you, but here's this GREAT price from this site. What can YOU DO FOR ME?"
  7. GS Jonny

GS Jonny Killer Bee

Oddometer:
    That's a very good point. I think I'll do that next time :):

John
  8. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
    I guess he better learn how to be competitive then.
    At least meet me half way on the price and offer some decent customer service.
  9. Chopperman

Chopperman I am dead

Oddometer:
    crapweasels suck