New Improved Richmond VA Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by jgiacobbe, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmm. I might have to stop at Joe's Inn and waddle to the bike afterwards to pick this one up.
    riderjacob and Mike Garner like this.
  2. Mike Garner

Mike Garner Time longer

Oddometer:
    This TOR really needs more than 3 players...
  3. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a spectator.
    riderjacob likes this.
  4. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    it used to be pretty populated, and prolific;:drif:velvt:velvt spread the joy, at least you 3 are trying to revive it.
    :imaposer:happay:ricky before all the RTE's...:dukegirl:dukegirl then it kinda died :muutt:bert:bert
  5. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    Grab

Old Bon Air Library
    MVIMG_20190811_101217.jpg MVIMG_20190811_101043.jpg MVIMG_20190811_101303.jpg
  6. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Tag

Rock Star Power in Reserve

MVIMG_20190811_111105.jpg
    Ludicrous Speed and Mike Garner like this.
  7. Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    Nice pic! View will be changing shortly after OJRP goes does.
  8. Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    Grab :augie

983B3F54-0358-4C75-8662-56581F5FC483.jpeg
  9. Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    Loitering around a park by the river with a monument .

1E4B97E7-F224-45D4-B685-AB25A0F0B553.jpeg
  10. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Joe's was tasty and filling by the way.
    Ludicrous Speed and Mike Garner like this.
  11. Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    :dirtdog
  12. riderjacob

riderjacob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Ludicrous Speed I finally figured out where that photo was taken so hopefully I'll be grabbing it soon!
  13. Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    Damn, i didn't realize it would be that hard. Didn't mean to make it as such. I chose that spot because it's somewhat central for everyone. Though to be fair, anyone coming from southside will have to pay a small toll.
  14. riderjacob

Oddometer:
    Grab

Attached Files:

Ludicrous Speed likes this.
  15. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    You should state the name and location of the tag/grab so folks learn where it was. Back when this game was going good, the location and clues would be tough to figure out crating a challenge. Posting the name and location gave the other players the solved mystery. I think we all know this is the Carillon in Byrd Park, but going forward the game is more fun if the Tags are tougher to figure out and off the beaten path and the clues are good, but not an easy giveaway. Solving the location from the tough clues and racing to get there first was what kept it interesting. Back in the day you also had to race home to an internet connection to be the first to post. Being slightly out paced and defeated by another player was called being "Bruced". This is likely a good time for MOB to post some more info about the former glory of the game and the good ol days. Get these new guys psyched up and on track MOB.
    MAN OF BLUES and riderjacob like this.
  16. Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    I've already got a few in mind. I didn't choose those because i don't want it to be so tough that the thread dies because no one finds it (or wants to go there). They're all local, just off the beaten path a bit. I have a figure 8 loop i run from my house, about a 3 hour ride. After exploring a bunch of different routes i've gotten one nailed down pretty good that avoids the major roads (except for crossing them), has plenty of twisties (almost surprisingly so) and decent road quality (for the most part). Added bonus... the route has a number of historical markers and sites along it. I'll be looking forward to posting some of them.
    (FYI, though the route is 3 hours, it's never more then 30 minutes from Richmond as i go one direction then loop back almost reaching my house before going in the other direction, part of it is through Ashland, a good stopping spot to drink etc.)
    riderjacob likes this.
  17. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    It was a lot of fun when I began playing it, back in '07-'08 ? iirc;
    I think we hit over 100 tags that year.. sometimes 3 changeovers in a single day, or a trifecta of Richmond/Hampton roads/Va. State combined with others..
    When clues got to be too "cryptic", some simplification was needed to keep the interest up, and away from the computer searching for hours.. but it is a target rich environment... Kinda miss that, running around in the middle of the night, in January, ending up in some cemetery, or worse... It dwindled rapidly tho, people lost interest and just wanted to ride to restaurants..
    When I was planning my move back to Ohio, I watched the "Original" Farnsy's game, and also the N/E/O games, and jumped in when i got here.. It has since dwindled a lot also.. They "areas" on Ohio games are huge, so even tho it's a big playing field, a lot of guys don't want to play in Cleveland "city"... due to traffic and "un fun" roads...
    The size of the original "zone" for Richmond T.O.R. was pretty much perfect, didn't take 2 hours to do a grab/drop/ combo... and with all the cool stuff there, it was a pretty easy game... wish it would continue like it was, because I love to see the spots we did 10 years ago come around again...
  18. riderjacob

Oddometer:
    Take a ride downtown and park across the river from Ancarrows Landing to catch this view. In my opinion, one of the best times to come to this spot is around sunset right after a storm. You'll see amazing colorful reflections off of the new Dominion building and many others in the area.
    IMG_1543.JPG
  19. Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    Grab!

85F4A28F-0BC4-4CE3-A872-CBF18A882521.jpeg
  20. Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    Tag. From the wharf, if you head east for 10 or 15 minutes (depending on how spirited your riding is), you will find this historic hill.

98DAAEFA-9DBE-4777-9266-44F10E39AC1F.jpeg
    MAN OF BLUES likes this.