New Improved Richmond VA Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by jgiacobbe, Jun 19, 2014.

1. riderjacob

riderjacob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not part of the tag but I wanted to share photos of that as well. For the more adventurous, you may be able to go down in the quarry through another entrance. I took these when I went back in April.

IMG_1840.JPG IMG_1844.JPG
  2. Knobby-by-nature

Knobby-by-nature Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Grab! Lucks stone, brilliant view

Attached Files:

riderjacob likes this.
  3. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    damn I miss riding down there....
    my bike is in the holding tank, away from salt... dammmit..
  4. Knobby-by-nature

Oddometer:
    I did see the alternative entrance to the quarry and wanted to check it out, but my wife wouldn't go down with me. Is it fair game after hours/weekends?
  5. Knobby-by-nature

Oddometer:
    Here's the tag. Head east and you'll see the best xmas lights in rva.

Attached Files:

6. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    :imaposer:imaposer:muutt:amazon:cromag:hide:snore:snore:snore:snore:confused

Rule #1 "One tag at a time, the tag must be find-able and on legal roads of any type (paved, dirt gravel, etc). We don't want anyone trespassing to place or grab a tag. Include clues in your tag. Don't make the clues useless, not everyone is a Jeopardy contestant wanna be." Also be sensible. We want to be safe so don't stop in the middle of the highway to take a picture of mile marker 76 on I95 north as a tag.
  7. Knobby-by-nature

Oddometer:
    :photogwhoops
    Jack is on Patterson in westend
    house number is even
  8. Knobby-by-nature

Oddometer:
    If no one claims tag after xmas day i will delete and replace with the tag i was initially to ride to. Still think its worthy of a visit, most of these lights/characters look homemade (in a good way). I want to keep the game going, so try for a more appealing place and im guessing with colder weather people probably prefer to find the exact place online then ride to it. Whatever ba-humbug!

Attached Files:

9. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    not trying to be Scrooge, or a dick, but having played the game there when I lived there, moving a "tag" is not an option, so, just to keep the game going..even tho your pal might pull the deco's down after Christmas ( not likely), just take this advice, and next time create a tag, that can be found year round.. i.e., not something that will change... you are a new blood, playing, and that is great, just look back thru the life of the game, and see how it's done... merry christmas.

here,:
    I'm in ohio, so... I miss playing this time of year, like when I began playing.

meet some of the inmate in Richmond, they can coach you on the game, and even more important, they will be friendly, and help ya out... they are good folks...

https://advrider.com/f/threads/richmond-va-chatter.416843/

Attached Files:

10. Knobby-by-nature

Oddometer:
    You're not being either. Rules are rules, thanks for the advice. The fact that you found it gives me hope. Since you moved to Ohio have you been to AMA vintage days? Ive made the pilgrimage the past 2 years and i cant wait for next year
  11. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    I go every couple years, but I don't make it a "must do event" anymore.

I do apologize for passing on info, and saying to "follow rules", but it is only because I loved playing there,it is such an awesome target environment, for really interesting subject tags, it should be simpler to drop and repeat.. we had turnover in the early game sometimes 3 per day.... and I spent many nights running all over Va., to play. At one point, we had a BUNCH of players, but when people began making it time consuming, it wasn't "commuter tag" any more.. It really is a simple game, and to add to simplicity, making the tags drops simple, and the clue simple, and concise profits all.. nobody wants to sit, and figure out a location, for hours... kills the game. That, in effect, is what killed the Gen I game... I'm glad to see it respect itself, and look forward to watching it.. so Play on man....
  12. riderjacob

riderjacob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tags that have a riddle that gives hints and or signs in the background that help people search google are very effective. Even if someone isn't familiar with the area, they can find the spot and still enjoy the adventure of getting to the destination. All of my tags have been grabbed relatively quickly because I always gave hints so that people could find them. Let's work together to keep this tag going!
  13. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is this game still active and if so where is the most recent tag picture? All I see is a random house with no clues? Cheers, j
    bigloop67 likes this.
  14. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    Yes. There were only minimal clues, and during the Christmas light season, in the posts above mine, it would have been easier to find.
    check your p/m's, so you can get the game rolling again, please. Best of luck, and be safe.
  15. bigloop67

bigloop67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just for the record, While I THINK I have heard one is normally not supposed to pick up his own TAGS, I believe your TAG was in the spirit of the holidays..... The holidays are over therefore the TAG has somewhat lost its Christmas spirit. For the sake of the game, I (and most others) would have zero issue with you placing the tag at another location if you are still of the mind to do so.
    Thanks....Just my 2 cents.
  16. Knobby-by-nature

Oddometer:
    I would love to get this going again, and redeem myself for killing the game. I will go to ENSEMBLE THEATRE with another bike and then post a new tag tomorrow. Any objections?
    bigloop67 and jgiacobbe like this.
  17. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    I actually sent JHVA the street address back in March.. so.... I dunno...

Before moving it, just put the actual street address up, and someone playing can go take the "shot".. and they can post.. sound ok?
    sounds reasonable to me.. but.. I'm not there anymore.
    Ride safe y'all...
  18. Knobby-by-nature

Oddometer:
    Tag is at:
    4630 Patterson Ave
  19. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    No photo?

Edit, didn't see MoB post.
  20. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    GOOOOOOOOOoooooo...... nice C14 shot always good...
    :imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd:pynd:rilla:super