1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

New London CT to Bridgeport CT

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by sweetlou, Aug 11, 2015.

1. sweetlou

sweetlou small body, big balls

Oddometer:
    Hey all, I am on Long Island, looking to take the orient point ferry to New London in the AM and return Bridgeport ferry.

Any route recommendations? Curvier and longer the better... All pavement please, no highways. Back roads and single lane stuff! Never really ridden out that way. I have a garmin Montana 600 if you attach any GPX or trac files.

Thanks

Lou
  2. AndytheElder

AndytheElder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMHO the best riding in CT is in the corners(NW and NE). Long coastal rides hit a lot of commercial zones and can become tedious. I traced out a route on Basecamp that stays a little inland and goes through some areas I have found to be fairly enjoyable. I've ridden on all these roads but not in the form of the route I'm putting up. It skirts the bigger cities on the coast so it kind of meanders. This should be treated as a "suggestion" and not a route because I haven't proofed it with a test ride. The danger being that it may bore you.

Attached Files: