1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

New Long-Range Energica Eva Ribelle Electrifies Streetfighter Game

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by jas67, Nov 8, 2019.

1. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
  2. longslowdistance

longslowdistance Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    When doing the cost math, remember that in the US you 10% back up to something like $2500.

I went from an SRF to an SS9+. With my shorter legs I definitely notice the extra 90 lbs and higher seat. O/w I find it easier to ride, especially on crappy roads. The SR/F riding position was an issue for me and the Energica is much more comfortable - for me. Really enjoying the big battery. Don’t think twice about a 100 mile ride on country roads.
    The walking speed reverse gear is super handy.
    voltsxamps likes this.
  3. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    In max range configuration, the SR/F (485lb + Powertank 45lb) weighs 530lbs, just 50lbs less than the Enérgica.. when I saw that, my decision to buy the SR/F quickly changed to the 21.5kWh Enérgica with more usable range, quicker performance, higher quality components, all while being less expensive, and most notably much faster charging.

Yup. Being able go further with much shorter stops is essential to e moto growth. Large capacity and DC fast charging is a must for any electric motorcyclist who wishes to leave the suburbs.
    jimmex likes this.
  4. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    I rode the 2019 13.4kWh SS9 & Ego.. both felt heavy and not particularly quick. Then I rode the 2020 21.5kWh Ribelle.. 20% more torque and lighter weight combined definitely made the bike more enjoyable and felt properly quick.

I was originally going to snag a good deal on a smaller battery model, but immediately changed my mind when I rode the big boy. Well worth the difference imo. I hope you get the chance to check out a newer one soon too.
  5. HadesOmega

HadesOmega Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmm I'll have to ride one of those newer models, someone did tell me they are different than the older model I rode before.
    voltsxamps likes this.
  6. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    Eva Ribelle ride through the Swiss Alps

Such a beautiful area to ride through.
    jimmex likes this.
  7. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ive ridden that pass many times; brings back good memories.
    voltsxamps likes this.
  8. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    The EVA specs and review you’re quoting are from an older first generation, not the newer, lighter, longer range, higher performing Ribelle, and the SS9 is even more different than the 1st gen EVA; the lower performance SS9 deviatating from the race-derived moto e chassis for example that both the Ego & Eva share.

It’s like quoting specs and a review from an older S and FX and relating that to a new SR as your post contains loosely related and outdated information.

Instead of referencing old semi-related articles, I’d encourage you to go ride one.. actually see what the new Ribelle is like. It’s noticeably improved in many ways over the first gen bikes. It’s lighter, quicker, easier to handle, brakes better, rides better, has improved features, goes much further, looks better imo, and costs less. It’s the best bike I’ve ever ridden, gas or electric.

Here’s a review of the new Ribelle:

.. notably he mentions the lower center of gravity, more neutral handling, lower weight, and greater off the line torque.

or this review in French.. and even though I don’t understand a word he’s saying(other than ooo lala!), though the sound of uncontrollable laughter brought on by loads of instant acceleration is universally understood. Check out: 3:25 in as he blurs out the speed in post edit :D
    jimmex likes this.
  9. HadesOmega

Oddometer:
    Wow all the SS9+ and Ribelle are sold out at the local dealer, guess I won't be able to ride one any time soon.

Update: I emailed them looks like they have them both and I'll get to ride it! =)
    voltsxamps and jimmex like this.
  10. jimmex

Oddometer:
    I think he likes it.
    voltsxamps likes this.
  11. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    Right?!! :ricky
  12. pnw-rider

pnw-rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is great progress but still nowhere neat what i need.

Ill open my wallet when the range is 200+ highway miles and a charge is 10 minutes.

So maybe another 5 years or so? Worth waiting.
    AZbiker and davenowherejones like this.
  13. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    Most stops at DCFC stations can be as little as 15-20 minutes considering almost no one pulls in with the often quoted “0%” charge and 10 or so minutes is usually enough to the next destination and the next without worry. As far as long trips, I discovered on my last RT from SoCal to Canada and back was that most stops averaged 20 minutes or longer anyways.. stretching, restroom, grabbing a bite and a drink. On a gas bike, it’s just sitting there after I gas up waiting for me to finish my business anyways, so no difference to me time wise if it’s charging or sitting there parked.

Quick top offs are also what makes the mixed range of 150 miles completely acceptable. My Yamaha FZ-07 barely has 120 mile range and no where near the performance of the Ribelle.

It’s cool if you want to wait but I feel that with DCFC and a 21.5kWh battery, it’s as good as it’s gonna get for a while as there’s practically nothing bigger capacity-wise you can stuff in a motorcycle frame, and there’s nothing faster than DCFC. The only area I can see improvement is in price and for me, I’d rather ride electric now than later as the memories of riding surpass dollars saved years from now.

Just like the Yamaha, I’m going to ride the Ribelle from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. After that, going to connect the east and west coasts.

8F6A5A95-3C43-45FD-916D-F628A20FD222.png

The network of DCFC alone stretching across the nation makes it easier than ever to just hop on and ride electric!
  14. pnw-rider

pnw-rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is very promising.
    voltsxamps likes this.
  15. HadesOmega

Oddometer:
    Do you really ride 200+ miles in one stretch? Should take a break sometimes.
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  16. jimmex

Oddometer:
    He wants perpetual motion.
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  17. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    I’m not sure how much more battery can fit between two wheels and a frame. :jjen

2F34E534-0EED-4347-A88C-4397103EA031.jpeg

Add to that, it’s got a stout 25kW charger on board for max speed DCFC charging for this pack. It’s pretty much spec’d out to the gills. I’m pretty sure I can squeeze out 200 highway miles on a single charge (hey, I’m up for the challenge!) by riding straight and steady the whole way. Helps I don’t weigh much more than a buck fifty with gear either!

D0A10B81-C75D-438F-A918-5716C1052CDB.png 286AEB75-F3BF-4656-B908-C9FE47FD5CDC.png

These guys know what they’re doin.. made in Modena Italy where Ferrari and Lamborghinis are born and Enérgica’s parent company, CRP, engineers and manufactures for Formula 1 and aerospace and the single manufacturer for moto e.
    woodsrider-boyd likes this.
  18. PeterW

PeterW Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's 20% more range in there. Move the electronics under the tail ;)

I agree that in general they have done a good job. 200miles, ~320k, about 50k's shy of useful for me - :muutt
  19. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    The real world max range is listed as 400km/250mi, though that is at urban speeds. Those living in Japan or most parts of Europe are likely able to get close to this as their avg speeds are much slower (save for the Autobahn) compared to the US.

I presume though we’re all taking about US highway kind of speeds. My hooligan riding style is likely going to yield closer to 150, which is still more than what my Yamaha gets. I’m not saying I don’t want more (or maybe I am saying that.. don’t really want it any heavier lol) as we can all use a little more range, but ask any electric motorcyclist and if it’s between more range or faster charging, I’m confident most will say faster charging. Enérgica’s charge 82% faster than any PowerCharge equipped Zero which is saying a lot for it’s ability to absorb the electrons. With speeds like that, as long as you have sufficient range between stations, I honestly don’t think any more range is needed.
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  20. PeterW

PeterW Long timer

Oddometer:
    My fun loop on Saturday mornings is 350k's, no stops, home well before lunch, so no, it's not urban cycle and I'd want some reserve. Not 100kph but averaging ~80kph though some wonderful riding roads.

Fairly sure there's one charger somewhere near the half way point, or at least the Tesla I chased through the hills one day thought there was one - he had the embarrassment of not quite making it there ;). The problem there is it's all back roads and small country towns so there are good odds that if there is a charger it'll either be busy or dead.

So close though.