1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

New Long-Range Energica Eva Ribelle Electrifies Streetfighter Game

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by jas67, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ultrarnr

ultrarnr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    voltsxamps, I got the grey. For options I got the side cases, windscreen and heated grips. Energica threw in the keyless ignition as well. The side cases are a lot better than the old versions. The lid portion has a web divider with a zipper. Easy to put tools are whatever in there and still keep the main part free of stuff. The temps here in NC are getting into the mid 40's at night this week so it looks like I will test out the heated grips on the way to work.
    voltsxamps likes this.
  2. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    DFB3F5EB-7E3E-445B-A8A1-CB9E2F01EA4A.jpeg

B419561A-76B3-40A0-A367-F88A3333E9F4.jpeg

CB309E06-8C40-4B82-ABC1-E7BC780687FF.jpeg
    :ilmostro Top bags/cases and panniers can be added to Enérgica’s.

For adventuring/roadtripping, heavy items such as tools, spares, cooking gear, etc. should be down low in panniers instead of in a topbag/topcase, though light stuff such as clothes or rain gear can go up high without adversely affecting handling.

DF92286E-F789-49C4-8F56-CA35C640676A.jpeg

Pannier bags are preferable over top cases and tank bags in terms of COG, lending stability and steering benefits over a heavy top case, and most notably under acceleration and/or cornering, and more so when the road is rough/wet.

As both a pannier and top case user myself, I can personally attest that this is true. If one must load heavy items in a top case/bag without panniers, counterbalancing the rear with a loaded tank bag can help maintain linear tracking, braking, and steering, but as more weight is carried up high, the more a bike’s handling is affected.
  3. ultrarnr

ultrarnr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the side cases shown on my Ribelle but really don't think they will stand up to heavy loads.
  4. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer: