New Long Range LED Aux Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. sanfordturbo

sanfordturbo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Update to post from page 71.

It has been over 2 years now with my cyclops lights. One of them has failed. Worked in the morning on the way to work, but failed to light up on the ride back home. All highway miles, no rain. Checked the wiring harness and it was still secured with zip ties to the crash bars.

I wasn't sure if the LED bulbs were replaceable, so I decided to call the Cyclops Support number to see if I could order a replacement bulb.

The phone was immediately answered by a human being. Sandra was pleasant and able to pull up my order based on email address. I was pleasantly surprised when she told me that the lights came with a lifetime warranty! All i have to do is mail the dead one back and wait for my new one to arrive.

Customer for life. I was considering adding some of these lights to my pontoon boat for night ops. Now i KNOW that i will be ordering a set of Cyclops for my boat.
  2. Hopey

Hopey Hopey

Oddometer:
    Hi all
    Looking for some GOOD additional lights for my 1190R.
    Not a lot of place to mount big lights.
    In winter it dark going and coming from work and I have 130k round trip the wildlife is crazy in our area I normally mount big hella HIDs but was wondering what people thought of these
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Long-Range-Dual-LED-Auxiliary-light_p_21.html
    Or is there a better option?
    I have the Cyclops LED globes but need more distance.
    This is my GSA and the light setup is wonderful- I have a phobia of the dark.
    Hopey
    [​IMG]
    GoatKiller, Off Road Ryder and Valker like this.
  3. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    I have their Optimus round lights with the Skene dimmer and both clear and amber covers. Ambers add lots of conspicuity in the day, and clear give me a great spread of coverage after dark. If I am using them at night, I pivot them outwards just a bit which washes both shoulders and wood edges with light and let’s me see any critters.
    Love my set - can’t believe how much output they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. markgsnw

markgsnw WTF?

Oddometer:

Love your lights. I had Lightforce 140's on my GS, those were my all time favorite lights.
  5. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Occasionally things do happen even with the best products. We Thank you very much and hope all goes well.
  6. Oddfellow

Oddfellow Beasty Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm running the Cyclops set long-range set made for the KTM 690 with the amber covers and a Skene dimmer. It covers so many options; conspicuity with the covers (and they gate the output to DOT style beam pattern) and then with the covers off they blast into the night on both high and low beam settings! I love the Cyclops set and I used to ride a GSA and ran both PIAA 959 and 910's. Cyclops service and trouble support is top notch as well.
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I would recomend the Long Range extremes over the dual long range.Its extremely hard to beat those for all out distance and performance.. It comes down to optics,, bigger optic = more light, the ability to use the optional filters allows you to really tune your lights for varying conditions and uses. Fitting on the 1190 is doable, the regular long Range lights are also no slouch.

8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir!
    Hopey and Oddfellow like this.
  9. Hopey

Hopey Hopey

Oddometer:
    Ok
    Thank you
    I’ll have a look at them and come back to you?
    Any agents in Australia?

Hopey
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Yes sir Dalby moto has some stuff. Adventure bike Australia, mostly DR stuff but he will order for you ( Mal is a great guy!). Here is our Dealer locator as well, it needs updating but should have more info.
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/cyclops-dealer-locator.html
    Hopey likes this.
  11. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Here is something a little different, many here may not know that we have been involved in the single ski/snowbike development and scene since 2004 One thing we need in the mountains is very good lighting that did not add a bunch of weight or pull a lot of power.
    here are some photos of our latest dirtbike/snowbike light.. Its a power house featuring a combo beam pattern, weighs less than 1/4 lb at the light head, uses a go pro style platform mount and is adjustable to 4 different levels. There are models to fit every Motocross or enduro bike out there

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Explorer-Dirtbike-Snowbike-Light_p_178.html
    Shaggie likes this.
  12. De-Silva

De-Silva Been around a while....

Oddometer:

I have a FJ-09 and think these lights would be a good addition.

May I know what is the range of usable light from the spots in terms of feet? This seems to be the best of both worlds in terms of spread and throw from the spots.... thanks a lot!
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thank you, we are working on Isolux charts for the New Pegasus lights, this is done through outside sourcing at a test facility.. From what I can tell with teh naked eye we are getting approx 300 ft out of the pegasus white lights.. Ill try to get some distance photos asap..
  14. Raconnol

Raconnol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi @Off Road Ryder

Do you know if anyone has successfully installed your 9005 LEDs as replacements for the late model (2018) Dodge 1500s with Halogen Projector headlamps? I found a video of something close so as long as the 9005 LEDs are not any longer (82mm) total and 26mm from mounting ring to the back of the fan, then the ones in this video, I should be good assuming the Canbus decoders also works with your bulbs.

I was rather impressed with your LED Bubs I installed in my Triumph Tiger. BTW for anyone asking they fit without any issue at all.
    I also picked up a pair for my son's KLR and two pairs for my 2007 Nissan Titan (lows and fogs), and the Cyclops Led bulbs are great in everything.
    If I turn off the Titan with all four LEDs on, the four little fans do sound a bit like four angry bees, however, if the motor is running no sound can be heard.

On another note, when I first installed these in my Tiger, I thought there might be a problem with the fan and bulbs overheating in hot weather, given that the fans are mounted within the headlight housing.

However, after a father/son month long trip to Mexico this August, I can report, but the Tiger and KLR Cyclopes LED bulbs worked without any issues, including some sinking hot days (41c) along the north-west coast of Mexico.

Rick

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Raconnel, ORR is out of the office until Monday, And thanks for your business nothing like real world examples! That's awesome!
    I just acquired a 2017 1500 it does not have projector reflectors however I'm sure I'll end up working through the canbus issue on the truck. If the planets align I'll be doing that this weekend. (My RAM uses h-11 LB 9005HB and H-11 foglights) The trip looks like a great time... Thanks again drv... :ricky
    Raconnol likes this.
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    The guys at Upshift Online are really liking the new Pegasus lighting setup.. one light has 10 and 25 degree beam patterns 20 watt draw and a full relayed harness designed for a motorcycle, in this case a complete plug and play kit using Honda connectors.
  17. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    I want to upgrade the headlight on my old 2005 KTM 300 EXC. It has the small alternator, 35 or 40 watts I think. I realize it's A/C and requires a rectifier to convert to D/C. I don't want to go to the expense of upgrading the alternator. I plan to add a small battery pack, because the bike doesn't have a battery and the lights turn off immediately when the engine isn't running.

I'd like to get the 7000 lumen bulb, but it draws 50w on High. Will a battery allow me to use this bulb, if I mostly use Low and occasionally use High? Will the bulb be damaged if it doesn't receive the full 50 watts?

Also, will my old style headlight housing be able to accept an H4 bulb? Would I have to change headlight housings? Is there a decent cheapie that will fit my 05'? (I'd like to change the orange plastic to white anyway.)
  18. Hopey

Hopey Hopey

Oddometer:
    Ok about to bite the bullet on some lights
    Cheap eBay $300(HID or LED)
    These Long range extremes $550
    Or
    Clearwater Savanas $1000+ OMG
    I get you get what you pay for but but
    I have the Cyclops LED inserts already so very good spread
    Just after a bit more light up the road but don’t want to see two round dots 500 meters up the road as you end up starring at them all night
    Oh dear choices
    Anyone seen either of these in action?
    They say the give the same distance but 7 leds to one big Lens but slightly smaller light OD
    $500 to $1000
    What to do.
    I’m used to this.

Thanks
    Hopey[​IMG][​IMG]
  19. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello GlennR, on the 2005 KTM 300 we would recommend the 3600 Lumen bulb which is 20W LB and 30W HB, And you are correct it will be AC and require the use of a rectifier. There are also 2 options for the stater on that bike. If you have a single yellow wire this is approximately a 40W stater and 2 yellow wires will be approximately a 100W. with out a proper charging system on the battery the bulb will draw down the battery quickly and once low the bulb will not fire. Thanksdrv.
  20. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer: