New Long Range LED Aux Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:

The 16 1290sa is not an issue. Its only the bikes with the new KTM LED headlight.
    StuartV likes this.
  2. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    On that, the ideal situation would be to use PWM on that power port for the jacket. I.e. constant voltage and pulse width modulation - not varying voltage. That is how the "good" heated jacket controllers work.
    davyjones and Off Road Ryder like this.
  3. sheikyurbouti

sheikyurbouti Just got it home

Oddometer:
    Optimus and Skene harness order is in. I got caught in dense fog a few mornings ago and it was not a pleasant experience. I still may get a set of lights for the lower forks. I have heard too many stories of riders getting rear-ended so this is the next Advrider search topic. Thanks everyone for contributing opinions and experience.
    davyjones, DRV and Off Road Ryder like this.
  4. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
    I have been rear ended sitting at a stop light. Not fun in any way.. One of the reasons we came out with the new EVO safety blinker inserts. I also really like the Skene P3
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Evolution-safety-turn-signal-inserts_p_204.html
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Skene-P3-TailBrake-Lighting-System_p_161.html

We will be introducing a new license plate frame in the coming months, it is lined with LEds and offers additional tail and brake lights, there may also be a version available with integral blinkers.
    davyjones likes this.
  5. phlazm

phlazm ad maiora nati sumus

Oddometer:
    Can I get a clarification on the warranty? The vendor page says “Lifetime warrantied LED Auxiliary lighting ADV discount of 5% discount code ADV”, but when I look at H7 LEDs on the website it says only one year. I was looking particularly at the R1200RT kit code CIL-RT and that one doesn’t list the warranty at all so I’m assuming it is one year?

The H4 in my R1100R has been awesome for nearly 5 years now.
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Absolutely, and Thank you!

We warranty LED auxiliary lights for life. The led headlight bulbs are a completely different animal, we warranty those for one year in full, and offer discounts for the following year should there be an issue.. The thought that LEDs will last forever is just not true, Much more power, and less space to cool are the biggest factors on why an quality LED headlight bulb will not last like a quality LED auxiliary light is capable of.
  7. rs42sport

rs42sport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there any deals coming up for Black Friday? I’m looking for leds for my 2011 Bmw 1200rt
  8. hooligan998

hooligan998 Save a life, grope your wife.

Oddometer:
    I've have the Cyclops H4 LEDs in my '03 FZ1 for nearly two years and love them. I do a lot of night riding, so good lighting is high on my list. Hopefully I'll be getting a set of the auxiliary lights soon.
  9. rs42sport

rs42sport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The discount code is invalid
  10. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try ADV again, we just reset the counter minutes ago. Thanks drv
    rs42sport likes this.
  11. Xyphon112

Xyphon112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to stop by this thread and say how much I've appreciated the Cyclops team. I bought a Raider system for my GSw and have been having issues with getting my Optimus lights to work correctly with it and they have been nothing but helpful. I definitely feel like this is a company that supports their customers and offers a quality product and if something isn't right, they will correct it.

Hats off to you all for all you've done. I really appreciate the help and the care you've put into your business. :clap
    davyjones, DRV and Shaggie like this.
  12. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey All, I wanted to share one of the testing processes we put our lights through for months prior to considering the light for use in the real world. We call it the washboard test. Vibration can be a real light killer. We are working on a couple of light options for release later this year. a 20W 2" light and a 3.5" 3 emitter light.
    Thanks for looking drv.:ricky

[​IMG]
    Yellow Pig, Terek, 75monza and 2 others like this.
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    We are very close to releasing our KTM 1290R , SD and 790 canbus interface along with a new 25 watt 2 inch light.
    The small light (sub 2 inch) market has been suffering with low power options the new 25 watt light will allow more output in a tighter space. perfect for ADV bikes where space is at a premium.
    We are just finishing the E mark rating requirements and hope to have this out mid Summer, along with a complete new line of sequential turn signals that will not break when your bike takes a nap. along with adding full time running light features to the front and back of your bike. They also look pretty cool. Photos to come.
  14. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    Will you be making a Plug and Play lighting system for the KTM790R? Something along the lines on the Optimus.
  15. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yes Sir. our 790 test bike will be here Monday, planning on the new 2 inch that is very much like the optimus but double the power and half the size.
    Thank you for asking.
    davyjones, Shaggie and Migolito like this.
  16. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    davyjones and Off Road Ryder like this.
  17. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    We are really happy to be servicing Police motor units. departments across the USA are setting up their BMW and Harley fleets with Cyclops products.
    They need and appreciate the reliability and performance Cyclops products deliver.

Here is a R1250Rt and R1200rt both sporting the Cyclops headlight bulb kit, and Cyclops Rt auxiliary light kit, featuring our raider canbus controller and Long Range lights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a little before and after
    [​IMG]
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I mentioned a few weeks ago that we are working on a 790ADV aux lighting kit
    Both the 1290R and 790R use a Canbus system that will not allow typical dimmers to work reliably. We are just about to release the Raider Canbus controller for the 1290R and thought it would also do the trick on the 790, well almost but not quite. The 790 is a little different and will require a revamp of the Raider control box.

While we work on that, we are moving forward with 790R specific mounts and a new light kit, utilizing our yet to be released NEW 2 inch 25 watt single emitter light, a true game changer in compact lights.
    We hate to use Lumen ratings, but everyone asks so these will be just over 5000 lumens for the set. Great Optics are the true key to powerful beam patterns in aux lights...
    Here are a few sneak peek photos, the production mount will be similar but quite a bit smaller.
    Along with the new aux lights we have a few turn signal options coming out for the 790R and most other bikes. So much fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Migolito, DRV, Shaggie and 1 other person like this.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    We are really happy to have received our emark rating for the new 2 inch 25 watt light coming soon. One more piece to the puzzle on this Cyclops manufactured product.
    about time to get some professional photos :)
    [​IMG]
    Shaggie likes this.