New Long Range LED Aux Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    my bad, didn't see the other thread where i should have asked the question.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/led-headlight-bulb-replacement-modules.948701/

thanks guys for the advice. i was thinking that the base of the H4 LED bulb will hit the inside rear of the headlight bucket - #7 and a round hole has to be cut. so, if not needed, looks like a direct swap. your website has the original and the Ultra. can i go with the Ultra?

[​IMG]

Darryl. Same here, this whole lock-down, stay-home, stay-in-place messed up everyone's planning. we're just a week away, in full motion and to come to a screeching halt. it sucks but for the sake of the general public and our safety too, i have to pull the plug. hopefully, this crisis will be over in another month.

wow....darryl, wish you a quick recovery.

p.s.

send me PM with shirt sizes so i can send you , s.o. and brian the noobs commemorative tee each. sorry no M but i have S, L, XL and 2XL only. heck, one for Wes also for his outstanding performance riding the 790.
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  2. Shaggie

Shaggie Unseen University Supporter

Oddometer:

BLOODY HELL Darryl!
    Get well soon from NZ

S
    Off Road Ryder and MAXVERT like this.
  3. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the well wishes guys.. Ill be back pulling wheelies soon!
    Shaggie likes this.
  4. arrcrussell

arrcrussell Gimme Dirt

Oddometer:
    Had an issue with one of my Long Range LED lights after 6 years. Darryl fixed me right up! Great service! Thanks Darryl! And best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    JMforPres likes this.
  5. TheBigMuff

TheBigMuff UNFKNBLVBL

Oddometer:
    Hi Joel
    I have an HP2 which uses the same headlight, the insert fits fine, you may need to play with the kit spacers to get a reasonable beam.
    While I am more conspicuous on the road, otherwise I have found this to be disappointing, it has not produced a meaningful improvement in lighting down the road. The verge is better but that is about it, what is gained in brightness/whiteness is often offset by being more dazzled by reflections from signs etc. So overall a nil sum gain, not a durable solution for me.
    I have a 7" (not Pheonix) Vortex headlight insert on my airhead which has been a significant upgrade. A better result for the HP2 would be the (not Pheonix) Vortex 5.75" insert but have not been able to figure out how to properly fit it into the housing.
    So I think you need to look elsewhere if you want more usable illumination.
    Good luck
    Lachlan
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir!
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately the HP 2 uses one of the worst headlights ever made by man. Try a good quality 5 3/4 reflector and you will see significant differences. since we do not use any spacers I have to wonder what you might be referring to. Dou you have a Cyclops 10.0 H4 bulb? if so are the glare shields placed level and to the bottom side of the headlight? Our bulbs do a fantastic job in nearly all motorcycle headlights on the market. I rarely hear even a small complaint.
  8. TheBigMuff

TheBigMuff UNFKNBLVBL

Oddometer:
    I have sitting on my shelf the older cyclops H4 LED globe, your invoice AB-9632 refers. It was the model prior to v10 and has two fibre ring spacers to adjust distance to reflector, it is an ordinary and disappointing product. So much so I have not considered even selling it, or upgrading to your v10 product. I'm not prepared to throw good money after bad or palm it off onto someone else...

I use your vortex 7" (not pheonix) insert and Optimus aux lights on my airhead, happily. Over the years I have contacted you a number of times wanting to use the vortex 5.75 as an insert for the HP2, without any result. Again I would be happy to consider it if you were confident it could be made to fit, I figure it would need an intermediate mounting ring (from a Jeep?) to match up with the oem 3 lug mounting fixtures, but in Australia I have no ready access to options that might be available. Or even judicious use of some silicon? I see this as a missed opportunity for you, there are thousands of BMWs using this crappy headlight looking for a solution. I have a complete spare headlight (1,2 7 in Joel's diagram) which I could mail to you if you were interested.
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir! That helps me understand quite a bit better.
    I rarely hear of a issue with the 10.0s so I was surprised.
    luckily most did not have the same feelings as you do about the early style bubs. I do understand. Had you notified us, we would have taken the product back with no hassle.
    Reviews all over the web should tell you how great the new generation of bulbs are.
    That order # would have been 3 generations of H4s ago. 4 years or so ago.
    Like any tech Things do change and get better, we were the first to offer a LED bulb that would work and offer any improvement at all in a bike. Some certainly did have issues with it.
    Now 6 years or so later the 10.0 bulb is the real deal and works very well in most any application. There is not a single part or design feature from the older 3200/3800 bulbs that still exist in the 10.0.
    I have set a few riders up with the 5 3/4 Phoenix headlight for the HP2 Im not certain what they did to get it to fit, Ive always offered to take them back if they had any issues but to date no one has done that. Being as we don't see an HP2 around here every day I still can not say what needs to be done. You are definitely making me want to see if I can find a local bike. I would be all in if I can find one.
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    a few recent installs with the new Aurora 2 inch 19 watt lights with DRLs. Compact, powerful and look pretty cool.
    [​IMG]

On this older Gt we used two sets, both ran from a single dimmer with 10 settings of low beam adjustability. No added switches for dimming required.
    On this bike we ran a drop out switch so the upper lights can be turned off in low beam independently from the lower lights. Great for fog , rain or dust.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JMforPres likes this.
  11. JMforPres

JMforPres Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those lights with the amber halo look great!

Two questions:
    1. Is there a photo of a R1200GSA with them mounted on the Auxiliary light mount?

2. Is there a beam filter to make the main light amber?

Thanks
    Jon
  12. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you Jon
    They have been a huge hit, Riders love the DRL and the potent punch of the 19 watt emitters.

No photo on a GS or GSA quite yet. Unless a great customer happens to have one?
    Yes we pulled the trigger on the amber filters for the main light, these will be available in approx. 45 days, hopefully less.
    Darryl
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yamaha T7 kits nearing production. We will have a kit using the potent Aurora 2 inch lights with the ability for a low and high beam setting, no extra switch on the bars for dimmers.
    as well as the DRL setup.. We just finished prototyping the T7 high fender kit and are working today on the low fender mount. Here is a sneak peak of the basic mounting in progress. More photos to follow.. should be approx. 3 weeks for production of the all inclusive plug and play kits.
    [​IMG]
    Shaggie likes this.
  14. shrini23

shrini23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you guys have any mounted on a pic of Long Range Optimus LED Auxiliary Light Round 2014 & up GSA
    Off Road Ryder and JMforPres like this.
  15. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    The new T7 kit is about 3 weeks out we will start preorders next week

We will have some options.
    Lights with or without DRls
    Low fender and high fender kits
    Lights that operate as low and high beams with the factory low/high switch.
    Here are a few sneak peak photos

DRLs on only, high fender kit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Shaggie likes this.
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yes Sir this is my personal bike.
    [​IMG]

There should be a few more here in this GSA kit, all these are for the GSA's that used factory halogen fog lights
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/BMW-GSA-LED-Fog-Light-Replacement-kit_p_118.html

This is a our mount that can be used with all 14 and newer GSA,s
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports....and-Newer-Including-R1250gsgsa-H2o_p_225.html

here are a few customer bikes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    PARIAH and Shaggie like this.
  17. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    What do you riders think of using the DRL on the Aurora light as a turn signal? some creative customers are doing it. I always had that thought in the back of my mind, but now it might be time to finish the kit.

The main aux light would turn off once the indicator was turned on.
    Shaggie likes this.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    HI Riders
    We have the T7 kit just about ready to go. the mounts are at the local laser cutter and then off to the powdercoater. in the mean time we are busy building the bike specific wire harnesses and dimmers. preproduction orders will start soon.
    The bike we used to develop the kit had a high fender kit installed on it, so we are looking for a local bike with the stock fender to get some photos with.
    You get a free Aurora with DRL aux light setup and install for allowing us to use your bike, you just cant beat a deal like that.
    Give me a call or send an email if you are interested. Sorry only one bike is needed.
    Shaggie likes this.
  19. CRracer712

CRracer712 Africa Twin Rocks! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm wanting aux lights on my 19 AT. Kinda torn between the Aurora and Pegasus. Is there an advantage of one over the other?

I'd also like to have the instrument cluster fog light indicator function and was wondering if your kits include the 4 wire plug to access the free plug behind the fairing which as I understand it, has the wire in it that when powered activates the fog lamp indicator light.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Hello
    Sorry for the late reply I was on vacation last week.
    Both lights will work very well. the Auroras will definitely shoot out a farther beam, while the Pegasus will offer a wider combo style beam with both 10 and 25 degree optics in one light.
    We have a plug and play Africa twin kit that uses all factory plug ins. this does not include the factory Honda fog light switch. It utilizes the factory high/low switch to activate the lights as well as set the low beam intensity (should one opt for the Dimmer setup) The only reason to add the Honda fog light switch would be to disable the system.
    We do make provisions for that if we know about it. No extra charge.
    Shaggie likes this.