New lower priced sidecar DMC

Discussion in 'Hack Vendors' started by jaydmc, May 13, 2014.

1. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are developing a new sidecar and should have the first one done in about 3 weeks. We are calling it the M72B. We are taking orders now for it. If ordered before the end of May 2014 our 10% off sidecars we build offer will apply.
    The sidecar has the same hand laid fiberglass body as our M72C/D but on a much simpler chassis with fewer options. It runs a 19 inch wire spoke wheel.
    Introductory price is only $3995! It includes bike specific mounts for about 300 different models of bikes, universal mounts for bikes that we do not offer bike specific mounts for. The sidecar also includes as standard a seat, carpet on the floor, turn signals, brake and tail light. Standard finish is in black gel coat.
    Options include;
    Brembo disk brake $550
    Rear rack $250
    Front rack $250
    Front bumper $250
    Front bumper with lights $300
    Windshield $175
    Tonneau cover $195
    Seat belt $75
    Full carpet on the in side of the cockpit $155
    Carpet in the trunk $95
    Color match paint, Price depends on what you want and starts at $900
    Right now delivery times are only about 6 weeks as we have hired more staff to meet the demand, so order today and you can have it for this summers riding. We will have a demo at the BMW national rally this year.
    Dealer inquires welcome. This sidecar is offered only in right side mount.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  2. mikejjmay

mikejjmay Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Jay, this is sounding great. Just a few questions:

1) Any pics? I know it will look the same as the M72, but it would be nice to see the different wheel on there, etc.

2) can you expand on how the chassis is different from the other m72s? You say it is simpler, but does that just mean you have improved on your design, or the sidecar suspension is radically changed, or what?

3) The price ($3995) includes bike specific mounts. I already bought a complete subframe for my Vstrom from you, but am looking to upgrade the tub. Would I then just subtract the $850 cost of the subframe from this $3995?

4) would you ever just sell the tub alone to mount on an existing frame (if the measurements would work)?

Thanks Jay!
  3. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We do not have photo's yet as we have not built the first one. It is being built at this time and the first is going on my BMW F650 single. It is on our Kenna type chassis, this is the chassis we sell for people who wish to build their own sidecars. This chassis is much simpler less expensive to build. It will have a fender similar to the fender we use on the Enduro sidecar however we are changing the lights on the fender to a different style that will have the turn signals, brake and marker lights in them so that we will not have to run any wires into the body. It will run on the same 19 inch wire wheel we use on the Enduro. The body is the same body we use on the M72D but rather then mount it on rubber vibration dampers it will be direct to the frame with just foam tape under the body between the frame. Doing these thing and only building the sidecars one way rather then semi custom is how we are able to trim $1500 off of the price on the M72D
    We could credit you some on the mounts but as this sidecar's base price is only $3995 and they are on sale this month for 10% off, we do not have a lot of room to work on this.
    We will sell just our bodies, price depends on just what all you want with it.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  4. GypsyWriter

GypsyWriter Yup, I'm a girl.

Oddometer:
    Very cool!!!! :clap:freaky:clap

What's the clearance for the subframe? Would this work for the bigger GS rigs (i.e., go off road) or is it more for street? Do you have the proposed dimensions in comparison to the M72C/D? :ear
  5. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have not finished the proto type yet. It will sit lower then the M72D closer to where the M72C sits, It would work on the larger GS bikes but will not have the "A" arm type mounts nor will it have options like the electric trim. We will have one at the BMW national mounted to an F650GS single. The body is the same exact body as the M72C/D however the sidecar its self will be slightly narrower due to the narrower fender that is mounted closer to the body as we do not need to leave room for the electric trim.
    The body will not have any lights on it, instead the fender will have a combination LED brake, tail and turn signal.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  6. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that turn signal on the front & rear of the fender ?
  7. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We will only have a light on the rear of the fender. It is an LED combination tail, brake and turn signal.
    BTW, today is the last day for our 10% off sale.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
  8. monkeydad

monkeydad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just saw the Tomahawk...

.... I'm in lust!!
  9. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We also make the Tomahawk SE with a door in the side as well as an opening trunk and we just introduced the classic which is styled similar to the Harley sidecar from the 1950's. The classis has an introductory price of only $3995 complete with proper bike specific mounts.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    866-638-1793