New member from Ontario saying HI

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Raphy, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Raphy

Raphy Adventurer, eh?

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone,:wave

I've been a lurker for a while but those sneaky "yo, lurker, why don't u register" comments made me register - which I was going to do anyways...

I just wanted to say HI and introduce myself. 25 yrs old living in Toronto and I ride a 750 cruiser (Shadow 750 ACE - my 1st bike). I'm fairly new to motorcycling but cant get enough. Just completed my second season riding. I've noticed I really enjoy the day trips and longer hauls. So far the longest trip for me was a 4-day venture from Toronto to Pennsylvania this summer. A buddy and me just took the tent and went exploring. I plan on hitting Vermont and other places next season. Seems that the 1-2 hour rides just don't do it for me - I need to be out the entire day at least :evil. I'm getting into the adventure bikes a lot - don't know about the GS, but my next one might be a VStrom 650...

Just made my 1st GPS purchase a week ago - still waiting for it to arrive... Garmin Quest 2... We'll see how it works out as I have read mixed reviews. It was off eBay so I hope all the unlock codes, etc. won't be an issue...

That's it for now, hope to get to know you all and I promise to post pics of my rides.... we all know how much we love pics.:rofl

Cheers!:freaky

Raph
  2. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hello and welcome.

Sounds like you're pretty adventuresome and have a good attitude.

Why do you keep goin East? (not that there's anything wrong with that!) :D

Take care. Have fun.

Mark H.
  3. Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen (Formerly KTMike)

Oddometer:
    Welcome Raphy,

Check out the Ontario Riders thread in this forum. Lots of local guys from Ontario (mostly GTA area)

Come out & ride with us next year and get dirty!
  4. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the "Asylum". it won't be long,soon you will be riding a bike that has one side scraped to hell,down a trail somewhere nobody has been on for a long time,and nobody knows if you can get through..........ADV
  5. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:

Damn Kari, I can't believe you would ever do that to a bike!!

:rofl

I finally got time to look over some of those disks you sent me, great stuff!

I gotta play the Hektogilders disk for Steve, he's gonna laugh his ass off!

How the hell do you lose your brother for three days!!!!
  6. rockjock699

rockjock699 BorealBomber

Oddometer:
    Welcome. It's a better world on two wheels.
    Cheers,
    R.
  7. tor1150r

tor1150r --

Oddometer:
    Welcome!
    Great board. Plenty of info, reports, pics and characters:rofl
    Keep reading & surfing. Gotta pass the time until April somehow!

Enjoy
  8. Bern

Bern Is it hot in here?

Oddometer:
    Hi Raphy:wave
  9. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Hey Raph

Welcome to the insanity.:norton Like KTMike said join us in Ontario Riders and see what we're planning for next summer, we'd love to have you come along.

Sounds like you're and advrider just waiting for the right bike to come along to fulfill that burning sensation for adventure that's deep in your gut. Start explaining that to your SigO now cause it takes years. :rofl:huh

Cheers

Fin
  10. Raphy

Raphy Adventurer, eh?

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the welcome everyone - I am looking forward to joining you on some rides next season !!

You hit the nail right on the head... Im having dreams of Vstroms....lol
  11. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Then you'll dream of knobbies, then crash bars, then...:norton It never stops. I swear the last thing I think when my head hits the pillow is what ride I'd like to take next. I'm sick... :huh

Fin
  12. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:

I know exactly how he lost his brother. I rode with Kari a couple of days in Mexico. We camped at Basaseachi, had breakfast and packed up. Kari says "I have the GPS, I'll be road captain and lead us to Creel". Fine with me. I don't even look at my map. On the way out of town I stop and take a pic. At the T I look around, where's Kari? So I poke around for a while and can't find a clue. I stop at a tienda (store) and get some supplies then just decide to head for Creel on my own. I see the falls and have a nice ride to Creel. When I get to the Creel KOA there's Kari just finishing setting up camp. It turns out we were only 15-20 min apart. That's my ride "Captain".

If he rides the hooligan gxxr I won't have a chance to keep up with him.

Hektoglider...I'm allready planning next year. I think entering Creel from the south (via Alamos) might be fun. Will the gxxr make it thru Urique? or Batopilas? You would like Alamos. Maybe from Huachanera, to Moctezuma, Santa Rosa,south to Rosario, then SE to Alamos. I'm guessing then to Choix and Tubares. From what I researched, Tubares is the best chance at a river crossing. Of course you laugh at river crossings.

your trailing bud Viejo Loco
  13. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    Hektoglider...I'm allready planning next year. I think entering Creel from the south (via Alamos) might be fun. Will the gxxr make it thru Urique? or Batopilas? You would like Alamos. Maybe from Huachanera, to Moctezuma, Santa Rosa,south to Rosario, then SE to Alamos. I'm guessing then to Choix and Tubares. From what I researched, Tubares is the best chance at a river crossing. Of course you laugh at river crossings.

your trailing bud Viejo Loco[/quote]
    Loco Viejo I enjoyed riding with you,you got the right kinda spirit for this style of expedition riding.I am going next year again 100% for sure.The "Uno Grande"(hooligan GiXeR) can do the routes,its light,and low center of gravity.I may scrape the 4 into 1 tuner in some places.I have been wrenching on it,and its looking good.The fuckin thing hauls ass!I'll throttle back once in a while,actually I'll take er' mellow,you recall the surprises along the way.I really want to stop at Moctezuma,and Hauchinera again.I am saving my time off work for down there,it was real good.We'll put a route together for 07......
    The HektoGliders :we've been from the highest of the high to the lowest of the low,we've seen the fastest of the fast to the slowest of the slow 2002 Route66