New Michelin Anakee Wild Tire

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Disco Dean, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Kevin Dixon

Kevin Dixon Motorrad Abenteurer

Oddometer:
    Will probably end up going that route although the mileage reports don't seem to be any better than the tried and tested TKC which is also available in GSW sizes and easy to source.
  2. TrailCruiser

TrailCruiser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am running K3s now and am up to about 2,000 miles. Am planning a trip to CA in late August where I'll put at least another 2,000 miles on them and will report back. Of course I'm worried about them not going the trip distance and having to deal with replacement on the road, but we'll see.
  3. Justice

Justice Funbuster

Oddometer:
    I think you'll find the K3 a little better on pavement than the TKC.
  4. o*o

o*o Cutting fruit for campers at 30mph."

Oddometer:
    Ushuaia Argentina, Deadhorse, AK & points between.
    Read the whole thread hoping to get a milage est from anyone's Anakee wild front and rear. no one has worn them out yet? :huh

My Karoo3 rear is lasting a bit more than 1/2 the Anakee3 milage that was OEM when I bought my GSW in August'14. Put 13,000 mostly USA miles on the A-3 and less than 3,000 Brazil miles so far on the K-3 and much of the rubber is gone. Was hoping the wilds would be closer to the 3's with good grip for varied conditions. :\

Any update would be nice before I find a replacement set next week. :clap
  5. Kevin Dixon

Kevin Dixon Motorrad Abenteurer

Oddometer:

I don't think the wilds were ever released. And I don't believe it is possible to get that kind of mileage out of a dirt tire. It's just not possible to provide superior off road grip at the same time giving wear of a street tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:
    They are not out, and certainly not ever released in the US
  7. GSAJunkie

GSAJunkie Gone riding....

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any updates on availability of these new Anakee Wild's??
  8. cessnadog

cessnadog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Michelin had them in the booth at the MOA rally. They promised they will be out by April. I reminded them that they told me a similar story last year... They admitted that the release date had "slipped".
    GSAJunkie likes this.
  9. K7TNT

K7TNT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know of three GS Giants that are testing them. What I have been told they are very good compared to the tkc 80s. I hear that they are a bit noisey on the road.
    GSAJunkie likes this.
  10. rvt

rvt Big Fat Trail Bikes

Oddometer:
    Must be all that power... :D
    GSAJunkie likes this.
  11. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
  12. sarathmenon

sarathmenon Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    But, when was it ever offered to start with?
  13. K7TNT

K7TNT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its not out yet! testers are still out riding on this new tire. I know of one in Idaho, one in Colorado and one here in Wyoming! I believe it will be released soon. Tire is doing very good by the reports from on the BIG GS. :D The tire was at the Michelin both at the MOA in Billings this July. The GS Giant also had the test bike with the Wild tire and the riders at the both helping and giving feed back about this new tire. It looks very good and reports to be a step up from the TKC's. (( from Ed one of the testers, It hasn't been introduced yet, so I don't know how they can discontinue it. Release date in Feb 16 for the wet heads. April for older GS. ))
  14. K7TNT

K7TNT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From Ed's ride yesterday. (( Out trying out the Michelin Anakee Wild tires some more. Didn't do it on purpose but got into some freshly bladed scoria. About 3"-4" deep. Pretty close to the top of my most least liked surface to ride on. I was amazed how the Wild handled it. Not near as twitchy as the TKC80, and I felt I was able to move from side to side under control. I do believe they have a winner here. )) I hope this helps you all just a little .
  15. MarkM

MarkM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any news on when these will become available? I'm hoping by spring because I'll be due for new tires and these look terrific.
  16. MarkM

Oddometer:
    OK, answering my own question. I contacted Ed in Wyoming, who's been a tester for this tire since July (mentioned in previous posts by K7TNT). He says, "I really liked them. Better than the TKC80. Wear a lot longer. Excellent wet traction on pavement. Great in the mud and sand. Way better than the 80's on the twisties. Available in February for your bike. April for the older GS. I highly recommend them."
    GSAJunkie likes this.
  17. sarathmenon

sarathmenon Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So it will take them three years (assuming this tire gets launched on time in April) from announcement to make a tire widely available? Good grief. Companies put out entire new bikes in that time frame.
    TwoTiredRiders likes this.
  18. MarkM

Oddometer:
    Their motto must be like the wine company's: We'll sell no tire before its time.
  19. 90%1200gsadv

90%1200gsadv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You are killing me. I had a serious laugh when saw your comment about the blue font. Thank you for that.
  20. MagyarBetyar

MagyarBetyar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also know of a person that has a set here in California Bay Area. I have seen them on the bike and they look very nice although the rear look a little narrow for my tastes. Curious to hear what he's gonna have to say about them.
    K7TNT likes this.