New Pelican-based Luggage System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaribouCases, Oct 28, 2005.

1. TheIglu

TheIglu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally placed my orders for the 35L Pelican based setup on Givi racks with the optional keepers. Very excited to get them in and mount them!
  2. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    Hello KTM 1190 owners,

Our rear top case systems and cargo plates for the KTM 1190 (all models) are now available. Top cases available in 25 Liter, 34L, 35L and 40L sizes. Please visit cariboucases.com for more information and to order.

Thank you!
  3. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    From the department of "What Will Those Cairbou Customers Think of Next"...

Pretty cool, especially for guitarists out there. You can do a lot with a Caribou DIY kit.
  4. TheIglu

TheIglu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Worked flawlessly on a 3 day camping trip up to Acadia National Park and back. Love these things.
  5. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Today marks the 10 year anniversary of Caribou Luggage Systems! Without getting cheezy about it, I want to simply thank ADVrider, our great customers, and all of the people and businesses that keep Adventure Motorcycling going strong and growing strong year after year. We look forward to many more years of fun and success. Thank you all very, very much.

-Roger
    porterrad, Wind_Rider and PYG RYDR like this.
  6. BluRidgeRider

BluRidgeRider Long Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congratulations, Roger! Hope you have continued success in the future. Keep making/selling great products and backing them with wonderful customer service and that's bound to happen.

Numa
  7. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Idaho, Baja and Central and South America
    Roger, good on you. 10 years and a lot of luggage systems. Thought I'd check in and see if you might be interested in adding our motoPOCKETS to your line up for the next 10 years. Bob motopockets.com
  8. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Yes Bob, I still need to test the one you gave me at the MOA rally, sorry it is taking so long.

rog
  9. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Idaho, Baja and Central and South America
    No worries, let me know if I can be of any help. Bob
  10. ShimrMoon

ShimrMoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm considering the purchase of a BMW GS or GSA (wethead) and was wondering if anyone here has either of these bikes with Caribou cases? That's a silly question I know but I'd like to see some pics from behind the bike. I'm interested in the 25L top loading and the 35L side loading versions. To me the huge bags some folks mount to ADV bikes look ridiculous and are bound to effect the way the bike handles at speed. I would also like to hear from anyone using Caribou cases on a GS if they have any complaints from passengers in regards to leg room, either seated or mounting/dismounting. Do the cases get in the way? Can they be mounted or moved up, down, back or forward on the racks to accommodate passengers or for ground clearance at full lean angles.

Thanks in advance.
  11. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Sorry but we don't have the pics on file that you are looking for, but maybe one of our customers can chime in. As far as passenger leg room, that is no problem. The cases are fixed in position, but if you prefer to position and drill the cases yourself then we can accommodate that type of request.

-rog
  12. ShimrMoon

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I was hoping some of the inmates here would have some pics of their luggage from straight on in the back. I'll be patient...
  13. ShimrMoon

Oddometer:
    Another question. Do you still sell the 1520 (25L) model of side opening cases? I don't see them on the current lineup.
  14. bountybuddy44

bountybuddy44 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Many thanks for this information. I was going to buy Givi saddlebags and top case buy this may be a better way to go. Thanks again my friends. Ride safe.
  15. BaldKnob

BaldKnob I Wanna Ride

Oddometer:
    Not my bike but I saw this recently and thought it may help...[​IMG]

It seems most owners use an aluminum pannier system (because everyone else does) for their Beemer and I admit look better than a soft/plastic option but the Caribou's are hard to beat for value, functionality and durability.
    ShimrMoon likes this.
  16. BaldKnob

BaldKnob I Wanna Ride

Oddometer:
    I've Been Everywhere 004.JPG Congrats for 10 years! Great products and service. I have the 40L side-loaders and have been happy with both boxes. My only niggle has been the pivot pins backing out when traveling on rough dirt roads. I have to constantly check and push these pins (front and back) back into their original position.
  17. ShimrMoon

Oddometer:
    Actually, I think they look just as good if not better than those big honking, wide assed cases. Thanks for the pic. I'd sure like to see more, especially from the back. BTW, those look like 35L 1550's?
  18. BaldKnob

BaldKnob I Wanna Ride

Oddometer:
    Check out this thread...http://advrider.com/index.php?posts/27999720/

Lots of pics from WNC and yes, they do look like the 35L.
  19. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    We do offer the 25 liter (1520) as side cases, but only for Givi or SW Motech side racks. We went with the top loading 25L for Hepco Becker racks.
  20. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Thank you! You can keep the hinge pins from backing out by squashing a little of the plastic over the end of each one, use a small punch or screw driver and carefully squash some of the plastic over the end (SKB made a change to these cases a while back so this is no longer an issue).